Monday Goals for Monday August 11

iVillage Member
Monday Goals for Monday August 11
Mon, 08-11-2003 - 8:27am
How did you do last week? And what do you hope to get done this week? Inquiring minds want to know!

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-11-2003 - 8:39am
I only set the goal of getting my stitches out so got that done but never did get back to sticthing. I did however get some sewing done.

Now for this week I am planning on at least getting the doll clothes sewn that I cut out oh probably a month ago! I also hope to at least get a start on cutting out a few more. I have enough inventory to do my shows but would like to have some more clothes for selling on Ebay-I hate getting too far behind!

And getting back to work on my Horse cross stitch would be fun too!

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-11-2003 - 10:40am
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Here's what I said . . . and what I did (or didn't!).

"STILL did not do anything with my afghans. If I don't get moving very soon I will not get this project done--4 afghans by Christmas! So this week I really must get started!" NOT! I did get out my books and looked at patterns and then reality struck! There is no way on God's green earth that I am going to get this done! So, I am still planning on the afghans, but will aim for NEXT Christmas. I think that is a more realistic goal.

And about my Christmas piece .... "If I can get the bells finished this week the border will be done! So I will try." And I did get that done, then did a test swatch of my revised shading for the lettering, and actually got one shade stitched on the first letter.

"I also have two pairs of pants to hem for DH. Not a big project at all, but one that I have been putting off! So I need to get those done." Well, I am still putting it off. LOL!

So, how about this week? Well I guess I'd better get those pants hemmed. I have been asked about them several times in the last week or two!

I'd like to pick a pattern for the first afghan, get the yarn that is needed and get started.

And I will try to keep plugging away at the lettering on my Christmas piece. Let's see if I can find a couple of hours somewhere to work on that.

I also need to find time to get some of the weeds out of my garden and flower beds. There are disadvantages to getting lots of rain! LOL!

Good luck with whatever goals you set! Happy stitching.

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-11-2003 - 11:40am
I actually got 26 boxes unpacked in my office (and opened about 5 more that were things like photo albums, rubber stamsp and stitchery stash that don't have a place yet)...

AND I stitched --- finished Point Sur Lighthouse! Now there is only the compass rose to do --- cross stitch with gold wrpapped metallic thread. Already ripped out one whole strand (and believe me, that is NOT easy) and am considering changing to non-metallic. I just don't like the look, and it doesn't look like they provided enough anyway... either that or the instructions are bolluxed, 'cause two strands of that is WAY to thick to get through the fabby without causing enlargement of the holes in the weave, and doesn't really get very far in the pattern...and now that I've destroyed one of the provided strands, I may not be able to finish it with that anyway...

This week, there is a meeting on pond maintainence tonight (we live pond-side in this community) which I should go to, but I'm feeling pretty crappy since I woke up with the cold DH had last week...

More unpacking in the office...

And the people are in the basement as I type, starting the build-out...

Carol

That Yank

CL for "

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-11-2003 - 2:11pm
Last week I didn't do much on my needlepoint because I was trying to get caught up with my school reading. But Thursday is the last day of class, so there's really no sense worrying at this point. I just have one paper to do, and if I ever log off of ivillage, I'm sure I'll get it done!

I did receive cream-colored velvet for a panel between the living room and dining room in the archway. It will be cream-colored on the dining room side, and burgundy on the living room side. Those burgundy panels have already been ordered, ready-made and should arrive soon. I'm thinking of attaching the cream panel to the burgundy curtains with velcro, lazy thing that I am!!

I ran out of Dryel, so still have two crescents to dryer-dry-clean, iron, and hang in the foyer.

Last night at 10pm I was hanging lace sheers in my front porch by porchlight. I just put up spring rods, and ballooned the lace at the bottom with safety pins. I *will* sew a little circle and take the pins out asap. Two more panels need the hems taken down before I can hang them, and the little transom window over the door needs a different kind of rod. I found an old extra lace valance that will fit perfectly there.

Received the bedroom curtains from brylanehome.com, and they're hideous, they're going back. I didn't even bother taking them out of the packages.

Big big news - someone bought the entertainment center that's currently in our laundry room! He'll be picking it up some time this week. Once it's out, that becomes my sewing room! And, even though it's DH's piece, he's giving me almost half the selling price, just because I facilitated the sale. That pays for tonight's sewing lesson! Meow meow meow!

Tonight I'm bringing a long skirt to class to hem it properly. I want to make it ankle-length so I can dance in it on Friday in Newport. I'll also bring the lace panels to take those hems down, and a lime green skirt to take in so I can wear it to work tomorrow. I thought I had more mending to do than that. I have a tote bag that needs the handle sewn back on, that's about it I guess.

I sewed a button on my pants yesterday (yes, I was still wearing them), hopefully this one will hold.

My tomatoes had fallen down, cages and all (I suspect the cucumber tendrils reached over and PULLED them down), so I pounded stakes into the ground, and tied the cages to the stakes with twine, then tied the tomatoes to the cages with a nylon knee-high cut into strips. I never could find its mate, I'm sure I will now ;-)

This morning on the train my threaded needle went flying, and I never did find it! Luckily I had a spare needle with me, so I could continue stitching.

That's about it for this week - continue on the summer panel of the bell pull, make some alterations tonight in sewing class, finish hanging the curtains in the downstairs entryway, maybe get some longer spring rods and hang the curtains I have in the back porch, set up the sewing room as soon as the entertainment center is gone.

Have a good week everyone!

Lee Ann

Lee Ann

www.werenotafraid.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-11-2003 - 5:53pm
This is my first time giving a goal for this week, so here we go...

My goal is to finish stitching the turkey, which is the last piece for my fall wreath which needs to be done by September 8th.

I'm off of school for the next two weeks, so i shouldn't have a problem achieving my goal.

Kathy

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-12-2003 - 2:50am
Last week I said "Goals - get the flowers done, start the sun and cloud. Get more stuff put away, but take it slowly so that I can still find it afterwards. Work out at least 4 times at the gym and walk every day. "

I did it! I'm thrilled with myself.

This week, I hope to get the cloud and sun finished, get more stuff put away, and the workouts probably won't go so well, as I have an old friend visiting for only one day, but that is on one of my regular workout days. I guess friends are really worth sacrificing for. (My workouts don't usually get pushed aside for anything!)

Little

Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandhi

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-14-2003 - 1:20am
The old friend was definitely worth blowing off yoga for. :-)

Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandhi

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-14-2003 - 3:38pm
Sounds like you had a good visit with your friend! The yoga will wait for once!

Becky

Photobucket