Monday Goals - September 15

iVillage Member
Monday Goals - September 15
Mon, 09-15-2003 - 10:32am
Did you set any goals last week?

Did you meet them (or any part of them)?

Do you have goals for *this* week*?

Come on, report in!

Inquiring minds want to know!

Carol

That Yank

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-15-2003 - 10:41am
I was relatively modest with my goasl last week so I think I did pretty good, considering i was suffering from the after effects of a cold and sore throat...

Last weeks goals:

1) Finish that name piece for the mobile --- did that, and it is in the mail today. If you want to see it, try the link from the "That Yank Stitches' page at http://pages.ivillage.com/clmharper

2) ONCE the name is finished (NOT BEFORE! IT has a deadline now, of October 17), get to work on the cat sampler --- got one of 17 motifs done on that sampler (all except the backstitch,that is)

3) Unpack some more --- managed to average about one box a day --- not up to my pre-cold rate of three to six a day, but at least some more floor is showing!

This week's goals --- I'll keep it modest again and see how I do:

1) continue the unpacking

2) continue the "cat sampler"

3) get together the necessary materials on a tag swap I'm involved with on the Rubber Stamping Board (By the way, Becky, Rubber Stamping sends regards to you!)

Carol

That Yank

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-15-2003 - 12:45pm
Since Becky emailed me and reminded me I had not stopped in lately here I am. Nope I set no goals last week other than to not go crazy and I failed miserably at that!

Now for this week I have to add the sanity goal for the simple reason I am battling with my son's school to get them to put the kid in special resources or he will be pulled permanently.

I hope to be able to at least look at my new patterns I picked up yesterday and I really need to get some more pics taken for Ebay so I can list more auctions.

I would also love to pick up my embroidery again cause I have not touched it since July-I know bad

Beth

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-15-2003 - 2:34pm
Oh, Beth --- so glad to see you back

I was afraid you had left us for good (or bad for me!).

Good luck in your struggles with teh school. As a former teacher, I know how frustrating school bureaucracies can be...

Carol

that Yank

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-15-2003 - 4:40pm
Well, as near as I can recall I only set two goals and met them both.

I said I would finish the H on my Christmas sampler and I did -- also the R and the I. I just started on the S this morning. The I only took about an hour to do, but the bigger (wider) letters are taking 2 hours or more of stitching time. Still I only have 5 more letters to stitch and then go back and fill in the center gold stitches in all the letters. Add a few pearl Mill Hill beads for the mistletoe berries and I am done!

I also needed to get pictures together for my niece for my sister's 60th b-day scrap book. I sent those off Wednesday and got an e-mail back today that she had received them. She is going to send me some 'jounal cards' to journal some of my memories about the pictures. Arrrrrgh! Journaling is not my thing. But I will try to come up with something for her.

For this week I think I'm a little like Beth and would just like to keep my sanity. It promises to be a VERY busy week.

For work, I need to call all the respondents for my unfinished interviews and attempt to set up appointments. The pressure is on big time from the home office to get these done ASAP!

Meanwhile they are warning that we may see Hurricane Isabel sometime towards the end of the week. We had an absolute deluge of rain this morning which was not hurricane-related, but was almost as heavy! I was out doing interviews and my umbrella was totally inadequate for protection! It was just dumping rivulets of cold water down my back!!! (Note to self -- buy larger umbrella! ;o) )

I hope I will get some time to stitch this week. At least finish the S that I started.

I am afraid to add anything else to this list, because I would just be setting myself up to fail, so I'll make it easier on myself and leave it at that.

Although I would like to find some fabric to make a pair of pants to go with an absolutely lovely jacket that I found this morning on a bargain rack. It is a beautiful burgundy color and have nothing but black pants to wear with it. Maybe I will get that done, too.

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-15-2003 - 6:30pm
ok i met some of my goals from last week,

i picked up the suppies for the cross stitch xmas wreath i'm making, started on it saturday....cleaned both bathrooms plus vacumned the upstairs....just finished my last paper for the class...

i didn't even start the exercises, so i'll do them tomorrow morning before heading to work...this week goals will be to finish at least two of the items for the christmas wreath, the candy canes and the wrapped candy....since i'm going to nyc on saturday, that cuts into my cleaning time, so sunday i hope to finally put contact paper on my shelves in the bathroom and clean up the master bedroom...

whew, done for this week...

kathy

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-15-2003 - 7:32pm
Stitching is just taking a back seat to everything else. I think I worked on it for about 2 hours total. I think it is because I am so close to finishing.

Little

Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandhi

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-16-2003 - 12:07pm
Curtains:

Took down hem for attic window lace sheer, need to iron and hang. Need to dry-clean the bedroom curtain fabric (tonight?) to prepare for panels in bedroom, then need to cut and sew them. Got curtain rod for back porch, and put up curtains. Need to get curtains and rods for upstairs porch. Still need to get curtain rings for the archway velvet panels, and DH still needs to install the curtain tie-backs so I can put the velvet up in the living room. Got sheer panels and rods for the attic windows, but I don't think they're right - I'll probably return them.

Sewing room:

Is very messy. Laundry is not overflowing, but is wrinkled and cold in the dryer. Mending I've been doing every night while DH finished dinner (I eat faster and less) which is working out great. Sewing projects are mostly hung up.

Sewing:

Need to assemble DH's top, hood and pants for medieval costumes. Need to cut and sew my dress. Need to cut and sew his tunic.

Mending:

Replace zipper on plum gown skirt. Add elastic to 2 blue suits waists. Took down hems of dark green skirt, and travel pants.

Needlepoint:

Cleaned up craft basket, but it's still overflowing. Started background of autumn pattern on bell pull.

Clothing:

Need to have DH install the moth spray dispensers in my closets.

Have a good week everyone!

96 days 'til Christmas!

Lee Ann

Lee Ann

www.werenotafraid.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-16-2003 - 8:58pm
The only goals I completed were more that I started last week LOL. I am making an eyelash scarf for a friend of mine. I have the baby quilt pinned for my friends son, it's now ready t machine quilt. And Joann's had these nice no sew design fleece blankets and of course I had coupons so I didn't pay full price :) Got a winter scene w/ a log cabin and lone horse for my and my dd chose wild horses galloping. They had a nice border too. I got the blankets pinned and ready to sew. Hopefully I'll be finshed this week. Wish me luck. Jennifer