Goals for Monday September 29

iVillage Member
Goals for Monday September 29
Mon, 09-29-2003 - 10:53am
It's that time again! Monday!

Time to tell us whether or not you made any goals you may have set last week, and to decide if you want to set any goals this week.

Don't have to be stitchery-relted, but it would be nice!

Carol

That Yank

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-29-2003 - 6:58pm
Last week, I did get job applications done - there are none in my folder to complete right now, but I haven't been to the job sites yet this morning. I keep sending these applications out and have very few responses - of course, I know the time it takes for the whole process, plus I know that I am probably at the bottom of everybody's list, as I am not in the local area for any of the stuff for which I am applying. Therefore I am feeling pretty rejected right now. I did write a couple of poems - so the week wasn't a total loss.

No goals for this week but to survive it. I may or may not stitch, I may or may not write, I may just cocoon for a few days.

Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandhi

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-29-2003 - 9:52pm

Well here were my goals for last week:

1. Continue working on my scarf to have it completed by the end of the week

2. Start practicing my crocheting to make Hats and Mittens for the kids

3. Start working on my Nephew's Christmas stock (again). I need to get this done so I can start on my other Nephew's stocking.

I am going to be home Thursday until we leave to go to Connecticut for the Durham Fair so I plan on stitching the day away before we leave in the evening.

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-30-2003 - 12:54am
Last week's goals:

<<<1) unpack some more! >>>bad me, I did one box --- when I moved the box that was stacked next to my bed actng as a night stand, so the furniture people could place the *real* one. I unpacked it and placed the contents (a year's worth of tax papers) with the other tax bxes I have found so far. Still some missing though. AAARGH!

<<<2) REALLY IMPORTANT: finish those HHE insurance claims >>> DID that --- they were Fed-Exed out on Friday! Now we wait...

<<<3) bills and such to mail (I really should update Quicken...) >>> paid and mailed the bills but no work on Quicken

<<<4) stitch some more on the cat sampler; and some ornaments for a swap or two >>> ripped out more than I stitched on the sampler, so only two small motifs were completed. Ordered the fabric, floss, metallic fibers and beads I needed for the ornaments off the internet (two different locations) and some beads have already arrived.

<<<5) Christmas cards? >>> Other than ordering some cards from Smithsonian, not a thing done toward this

<<<6) More service people >>> An electrician came and finished the job the contractor started, botched, and didn't finish in the basement so we have LIGHTS down there! The furnace man came and fixed the furnace and installed a new thermostat, so now we have heat as well! The last of the new bedroom furniture (two night stands) was delivered.

So this week, let's keep it simple:

Already today, I practised the maneuverability part of the driving test with DH --- not a happy event, but it has to be done. we also went out and bought blankets for teh twin beds and lamps for those night stands today...

1) Stitch some more (I actually have managed to get parts of three more motifs started on the cat sampler

2) Unpack some more (DH has invited his youngest brother to stay the weekend of October 11, and the BIL from H-E-double-hockey-sticks invited himself *and* his wife *and* his two kids the same weekend adn DH said YES! Blech! Gotta get stuff put away so she can't go through it like she ahs before --- DH doesn't believe me --- and decide which of our things she needs more than we do! Everytime she has visited in the past, things have been missing soon after, and I'm certain that she and her kids are the culprits...) because if all those people come, someone is going to have to sleep on a couch and it isn't going to be me! But all the couches have things piled on them, so...

3) Clean up a little around the house...

and 4) Work on the QUICKEN records...

Carol

That Yank

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-30-2003 - 7:10am
I'm still working on Christmas ornaments for R 2 DDS.

I didn't buy the eyes nor the material for the neck. I'm looking in the basement to

make sure I don't have any of the things I need for the ornament.

(gotta save money -darn it ) Then if I can't any - I'll buy what I need. LOL

Jenn

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-30-2003 - 10:23am
Curtains:
Attic window lace sheer, need to iron and hang, and hang peach draperies. Also hang peach draperies in sewing room. Got double rods for two of the three attic windows from linens n things, draped a piece of tulle around the one that DH mounted.

Lee Ann

www.werenotafraid.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-02-2003 - 3:38pm

Weighing in a little late here!

Last week's goals:

1. Still need to get more interviews done for work.

Photobucket