Goals, August 17, 2009

iVillage Member
Goals, August 17, 2009
Mon, 08-17-2009 - 9:32am
Any goals to report in on? How about goals for next week?

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and ""Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?

CL for

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-17-2009 - 9:34am

Last week... another not very productive one:

1. Stamping demo on Tuesday === DONE

2. Stitchery - Continue with Walking to Town === IN PROGRESS

3. House cleaner comes on Wednesday === DONE

4. Walk... ) === NOT done

5. Pay bills and update the computer records. === Bills paid but records not updated. This i getting embarrassing!

A surprise visit from an old graduate school friend and his wife on Thursday meant a quick tidy-p in the new guest bedroom was required. now I need to clean it up again! It's been busy but always only one-night stays so that's a lot of laundry. Did I ever tell you I HATE laundering king-size sheets? LOL

Anyway, I had been planning to attend a meeting of the Black Swamp Quilters on Thursday night but the visitors put an end to that. Guess that will have to wait until next month.

Another slow week this week.

1. Stamping demo on Tuesday

2. Stitchery - Continue with Walking to Town

3. House cleaner comes on Wednesday

4. Hair cut appointment on Wednesday as well.

5. Walk... )

6. Pay bills and update the computer records.

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and ""Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-17-2009 - 4:46pm

Grands go back to school later this week, so my summer of fun is over :(

Monday - nothing much getting done because I have a stomach bug. I did manage to get the spent bush beans out of the raised veggie bed and put in seeds for a late Fall crop.

Tuesday - may get my hair trimmed and library.

Sewing project is to finish the purse I'm making for a gift. Now have all the necessary parts and am 1/2 way through. If I get really ambitions, I'd like to make another top with matching skirt from the lightweight knit I bought earlier in the summer.

The rest of the week is pretty dull, but I intend to spend every minute I can outdoor reading or doing crossword puzzles. The cool nights are reminding me that Winter isn't that far away.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-17-2009 - 7:33pm

Sorry about that tummy bug. Hope you get over it quickly.

Thanks for the reminder. I got thd last of my beans picked this weekend so i really need to get the spent plants ot and plant a new row or two in hopes that I will also get a late crop. I've never tried that here but what do I have to lose, right?

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-18-2009 - 10:27pm

Last week's goals:

1) Survive my first week back at school - our first day back we have to work 12.5 hours because of our open house that night! Done. And now we're into actual school - today was the first day.

2) Finish the purse for my friend at school. Done. I finished it Sunday and gave it to her Monday. Here's a pic:

Photobucket

This week's goals:

1) Survive the first week of school with students LOL!

2) Date night Saturday with DH to celebrate our anniversary that was 2 weeks ago.

3) Buy Ainsley a new bedroom set so we can move her out of her toddler bed.

4) Move Alex's bed out of Ainsley's room and back into her own room.

5) Make curtains for Alex's room if I have time. I bought some green fabric with white peace signs on it and she LOVES it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucketteachers.gif image by karileighthsew.gif image by karileigh

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-19-2009 - 4:24am

Those appliques came out nice! That is a very striking design in that black-and-white. I'm sure your friend is pleased!

Happy (belated) anniversary!

CL for

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-21-2009 - 9:24am

Good morning,

The purse is really nice. Looks delicate and feminine. I am sure she must of loved it!

Nathalie
Nathalie
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-21-2009 - 9:40am

Good day,

Here I am posting on a Friday morning :O)

Last week: needlepoint// university session to cancel// sewing class to register

Well... Last Saturday, after a visit to my parents, we saw a nice property to sale...

Now a week later and two visit later, the bank said YES and if our landlord accepts that we leave early (maybe not likely, but you never know) we might be moving in two months,,, argh!!! Panic, panic!

Therefore I think I might leave the Sept-Dec block empty all together:O)

This week: the needlepoint has progressed nicely and university session is canceled. As for sewing class I will wait. B/c if after the third visit with the building inspector we do not decide to buy, there will still be time to register for fall sewing class!! If we move well I guess it will be even more motivating to take a sewing class after the holidays, when lots and lots of projects will take shape!

The challenge will be: moving from an upper duplex being a 6 1/2 room apartment

Nathalie
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-21-2009 - 1:46pm

DO I read it right? You mean you are DOWNSIZING? That is hard! And after you just finished that balcony curtain too!

Moving is NOT my favorite thing but a lot depends on whether you are being moved by professionals (shop carefully but this is the quickest way) or moving yourself by packing things up and loading up your car and maybe even a rental truck (cheapest and you can unpack as you unload which is cool).

No matter which way you choose, pack up a box of "essentials" things you need the first night or two after moving and take them seperately! This would include linens, a change of clothing (at least one), the minimum cooking necessities, etc. They call them "personal boxes" at this site:
http://interiordec.about.com/od/moving/a/org_movetips_2.htm
where they give more tips on moving as well!

CL for

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-21-2009 - 5:26pm

Hi,

Yes, you`ve read right, downsizing. But going from rent to own.. as for the balcony skirt I will keep it. Where we might be going we may not need it but if we end up in a condo on the first floor with two balcony I might be happy to have it :O).

It will be ok.. the sewing space will be shared with the home office

Nathalie
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-23-2009 - 2:42pm

Finally getting my sewing room organized in what is turning into a several year project. We dismantled my daycare in 2000; after which we acquired a pool table, tore out the previous owners garage wall cabinets & workbench, painted the walls and DH put in recessed ceiling lights,my pegboard wall,& tiled the floor (over 3 yrs ago); purchased a large screen TV last year which meant a new piece of furniture to put it on for the living room, so the old wall unit went in the "craft/pool" room (it's not hooked into the dish network, but it's nice to play movies while quilting! + I have some storage behind glass for WIPs); this past weekend I finally pulled together & reorganized stuff into my new corner shelving unit DH finished for me over a month ago...

Hopefully in the next few weeks I will get into organizing my fabric stash into the now open cubbies under the window.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Pages