Goals, week of August 24, 2009

iVillage Member
Goals, week of August 24, 2009
Mon, 08-24-2009 - 11:41am

So how did you all do last week with things you HAD to do and things you WANTED to do?

Do you have a list of to-dos you would be willing to post this week?

Inquiring minds want to now!

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and ""Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?

CL for

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-24-2009 - 11:42am

Another slow week last week.

1. Stamping demo on Tuesday === done

2. Stitchery - Continue with Walking to Town === done, already to backstitch

3. House cleaner comes on Wednesday === done

4. Hair cut appointment on Wednesday as well. === done

and now to my perennial "not done"s:

5. Walk... ) === except for the walking up and down stairs on Friday to comply with the tech person on the other end of the phone line for Roadrunner, not done...

6. Pay bills and update the computer records. === well, the bills get paid but the computer inputs? NADA

What was unexpected was that DH agreed to host a BBG for his high school classmates Sunday night. Since the patio hadn't been used since LAT summer, it needed some major cleaning up (leaves removed, tables cleaned off, chair cushions aired, etc.) and we needed to shop for our contribution (the meat, drinks and plates and plastic cutlery)... So Saturday and Sunday were filled with activity for a 6PM BBQ (which ended at 9:30 when it started to rain!

So this week..

1. Stamping demo on Tuesday

2. Stitchery - Continue with Walking to Town

3. House cleaner comes on Wednesday

4. Refill prescriptions

5. Walk... )

6. Pay bills and update the computer records.

Edited to add: I forgot hat I had to wait around all day today for Roadrunner technicians to come and check out what was up with our internet service. They found some sort of filter on the connection which apparently was reducing the signal strength from the provider! Once removed, the signal improved significantly! Here's hoping that was the only issue.

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and ""Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?

Edited 8/24/2009 7:26 pm ET by cl-thatyank

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-24-2009 - 11:26pm

I finally finished the gift purse I've been working on all summer.

Sun & Mon. were devoted to making 2 bias cut shells. This started when I put on a PJ top that fit perfectly and said I needed some for dressier wear under jackets. Found gold & silver patterned poly that was perfect, but very slippery. Thank goodness for my big cutting board with the matte surface! Needed these for a 4 day trip later in the week.

Tues & Weds will be trip prep, must see what I need to pack based on weather in Minneapolis. Will leave Weds afternoon to meet up with another woman who will do the driving from No. IL to destination. So excited - except for her, I've never met the other 12, we just chat on the Internet. Should be great fun - no men allowed. Mall of America, here we come. Back next Tues.

Jacquie, in mid-IL

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-25-2009 - 11:14am

A ladies' shopping trip! And a real life meet with an internet "friend"! What fun! Enjoy!

You should have great weather. Mid to high seventies is what the forecast looks like! Partly cloudy and no rain expected until Saturday (and then only 20%). In a way, it will be a shame if you are indoors all the time!

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-25-2009 - 3:56pm

I've actually only met the one I am riding with. The others will be a great surprise. This especially fun for me, now that I'm retired. For years, I wouldn't use my vacation days for anything other than family trips. Four days of shopping/eating/drinking/gabbing will by like a new world to me :)

One hitch in the plan is that I will miss youngest DSs birthday dinner on Weds. But, he's known for months when I would be gone and seldom wants to do more than have dinner at home with the cake that DDIL and his DDs make for him. As he will be 40 this time, he decided to meet the family at a pizza place. DH will represent us both. Sad, but I feel it's time for some "me" fun.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-25-2009 - 5:26pm

I am happy for you! It will be wonderful to meet people you have been communicating with for a while!

I hope you have a nice and safe trip and SHOP `til you drop:O)

Can`t wait to hear from this *experience*:O)

Nathalie
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-25-2009 - 5:28pm

That must of been super fun to see people that you haven`t seen in a while!

Lucky you and a BBG ahhhh!

Hope you and DH enjoyed it! :O)

Nathalie
Nathalie
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-25-2009 - 5:52pm

Well, what can I say...

Last week, well the last two weeks actually were less then productive!

This week:

Needlepoint project near completion.

Realized there is allot of mending to do.

Would really, really like to finish the two quilting projects b/c I feel like starting Halloween stuff :O)

As for the near/almost buy of a condo, the seller wanted absolutely the buyer to continue is mortgage or he would

Nathalie
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-25-2009 - 6:07pm

I'm part of the group that wants to go sightseeing and check out beautiful homes, gardens, lakes, etc. I'm usually a pretty focused shopper and see that the Mall doesn't have many more stores than I can get at home, so won't spend a lot of time there. Alas, no fabric stores in Mall (there never are anymore).

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-25-2009 - 7:26pm

I don't remember if I had any goals for last week.

I had already asked for this weekend off and was intending to use that time for watching DVDs and stitching.
Unfortunately I've been put off work with strep by my doctor for the rest of this week.
so the goals at present are
* research reading for European Politics essay (due Sept 9). Would have been doing this around my work hours anyway so will probably get it done quicker.
* finishing Winnie-the-Pooh project. I would have been nearly done anyway - but don't see any reason why it wouldn't be completely finished now.
* make sure I rest so I that I get healthy again. (still can't believe that the doctor told me to eat ice cream and jelly to avoid irritating the throat)

Lyn

bpeblink.gif picture by beautifulmandaPhotobucket

Lyn

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-25-2009 - 10:56pm
It was fun (and they took us to lunch today too). The BBG worked out nicely except that it started to rain as it got dark and the bugs came out then too... so it was pretty short-lived.

CL for

Pages