Goals, week of September 14, 2009

iVillage Member
Goals, week of September 14, 2009
Mon, 09-14-2009 - 5:39pm

September is already half gone. OMG!

So how are you al doing on your goals and to-do lists?

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and ""Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

September is National Sewing Month.
In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-14-2009 - 5:40pm

Last week, my list included:

1. Stamping demo on Tuesday === DONE

2. Attend Black Swamp Quilter's meeting Thursday === DONE. Am I in over my head here? one of the unwritten "rules" is to do two donation quilts a year. I don't even know if I can make one quilt to hide in a closet in a year. certainly, I haven't made one quit in 15 years...

3. Eye doctor appointment Thursday === DONE. It seems I had a VERY VERY small hair embedded in my eyelid which was why my eye was constantly in agony. FELT like a boulder but the doctor cold barely see it!

4. Stitchery - Continue with Walking to Town (might actually get the beading done) === DONE. Started on the San Man Original snowmen.

5. House cleaners taking a week's vacation so I need to clean myself for once! === DONE

6. Walk === one mile a day, every day except Sunday (but I consider 10 city blocks walking around the Black Swamp Art Fest at least that mile).

7. Pay bills === DONE

and update the computer records --- NOT done! 8-(

8. Hoping to attend Black Swamp Art Festival on the weekend as well…=== DONE, but didn't se anything I couldn't live without.

So this week:

1. Monday morning - walk Emily Elizabeth, the dog next door === DONE

2. Monday afternoon - dentist = DONE, and all my teeth are fine

3. Stamping demo on Tuesday

4. Stitchery - Continue with San Man Originals Snowmen, and try to get my mind around working on some of my UFO quilting projects

5. House cleaner comes Wednesday

6. Walk - one mile a day...

7. Pay bills and update the computer records.

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and ""Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-14-2009 - 8:39pm

Mon. - There are 3 oversize men's T shirts on the table, ready to be redone into a fitted women's shirt using Pamela's Patterns. Used my new locking tape measure for the first time and love being able to take my own measurements accurately. If these turn out well, I'll raid the clearance racks. I'm going on an 11 day vacation to the SW in early Oct and it will still be very warm there. As most of the time will be spent touring and am flying, I need to pare down my wardrobe, but want a fresh shirt each day.

Tues & Thurs PM - reading tutoring, as usual.

Household goal for the rest of the week is to wade through the credit and bank receipts that have been collecting all summer in a basket. Also must get bill payment receipts out of basket and put in filing system. Fortunately, I can force myself to sit on the deck, drink coffee and get these done. Terrible sacrifice, right :)

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-14-2009 - 11:22pm
Want to do dueling receipts? I have a similar pile!

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-15-2009 - 7:15am
Haven't really put together a to-do list in the last couple of weeks but I definitely have some goals this week.
1. Get caught up with my housework. I let it slide while I was sick and have spent the past week focussed on the essay I had needed to write while I was sick - as a result my flat looks like a tornado or bomb or something hit it.
2. Sort out what I'm doing in terms of my study - I need to find some way of balancing the readings for lectures/tutorials and working on the assessments that I have to do in the remainder of this semester; not to mention actually allowing me to find time for myself around work and study.
3. Figure out what my next stitchery project will be so I can start picking up the supplies that I need for it (I know that I'll have some thread colours already but not all of tbem).
4. Get back to tracking my spending in relation to what I'm actually budgeting.
5. Start actually following my meal plans - a meal plan will only save me money if I stick to it.
Lyn

bpeblink.gif picture by beautifulmandaPhotobucket

Lyn

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-15-2009 - 10:43am
That sucks, being sick during a school session! Hope you are feeling MUCH better and hope you have no trouble catching u with what you may have missed.

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-15-2009 - 5:05pm
Fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, my mid-semester break coincided with when I was sick so I didn't miss any classes but did have to delay assignments that should have been worked on sooner. So long as I can stay focused I shouldn't have a problem with catching up.
Lyn

bpeblink.gif picture by beautifulmandaPhotobucket

Lyn

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-15-2009 - 10:36pm
OUCH! That's worse, being sick on you BREAK! That used to happen to me ALL the time over Christmas break. I remember a number of times when I'd fix the feast and had for bed while everyone else enjoyed the food. Seemed to happen every year...

CL for

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-20-2009 - 4:03pm

I gave myself last Sunday and yesterday to just sit at my quilting frame & have finished the quilting on my Trip Around the World quilt from the center out to one edge - officially halfway done. Off to re-roll it and we'll see how long it takes to quilt out the 2nd half. I took it (still basted to the rollers) to the last meeting of our guild the week before partly so they could see the progress, & partly for some input on the design of the quilting I have chosen (as well as a chance for me to actually see it laid out since it was close to halfway done). Tho I feel kind of like a dinosaur in our quilting group as I think I'm about the only one who does handquilting anymore - & for the most part my projects (no matter how long in the making) are large bed quilts. They love to keep trying new things etc. - which is certainly not a bad thing - but I am trying to stay focused on completing some of my very long in the making UFPs - we're talking years of sitting & waiting for me to find enuf time to work on them again, before I get into more new stuff.

1st quarter winding down at school - last two weeks coming up then a two week break!!!! So this week will probably be quite busy w/grading make-up work for those who chose to wait til last 4 days to turn it in. Other than end of quarter district assessment tests & submitting grades for report cards - that will be it. Then I will have the classes help me move our room back to the old music room so it's done for beginning of 2nd quarter. I'll try to pull most of my personal stuff out so I can walk away in November leaving it for the sub that will fill in between my pre-scheduled g'ma time & Thanksgiving vacation and the student teacher we had 1st qtr returning after finishing his 8-wk stint student teaching at the HS to take the jr hi position for the rest of the year.

And, just heard S19 is heading back home this week from his 3 month stay w/my folks in Iowa. The welding job he landed began a series of layoffs so rather than wait his turn he decided he's ready now & took one of the early ones.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-21-2009 - 1:29pm
What lovely quilting! I look forward to seeing the entire quilt!

CL for