Goals, week of September 21, 2009

iVillage Member
Goals, week of September 21, 2009
Mon, 09-21-2009 - 2:11pm

How did you do last week? Accomplish everything you set out to do?

How about this week - have any goals?

Inquiring (nosy) minds want to know!

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and ""Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

September is National Sewing Month.
In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-21-2009 - 2:15pm

Last week, my goals were:

1. Monday morning - walk Emily Elizabeth, the dog next door === DONE

2. Monday afternoon - dentist = DONE, and all my teeth are fine

3. Stamping demo on Tuesday === DONE

4. Stitchery - Continue with San Man Originals Snowmen, and try to get my mind around working on some of my UFO quilting projects === DONE. Made little progress on the snowman collage. I pin-basted my little quilting class applique "study" and I also stitched an ornament from the JCS Christmas Ornament Issue for a swap I signed up for last JANUARY (which I had Almost forgotten)! Oh, and I made a set of note cards for that swap too -- so papercraafting also took time away from the snowmen..

5. House cleaner comes Wednesday === DONE

6. Walk - one mile a day... === sell I missed out on Monday; true, I walked the dog but that really wasn't walking. It was more like waiting for her to decide she didn't want to sit and sun! I finally had to pick her up and carry her home! Otherwise, I did walk a mile each other day.

7. Pay bills and update the computer records. === bills paid (including quarterly tax payments); computer work not attempted

So for this week:

1. Stamping demo on Tuesday

2. Haircut on Wednesday

3. Pick up prescriptions refills

4. Stitchery - Continue with San Man Originals Snowmen, and try to get my mind around working on some of my UFO quilting projects

5. House cleaner comes Wednesday

6. Walk - one mile a day... Got my mile in today despite the threatening weather.

7. Pay bills and update the computer records.

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and ""Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?

Edited 9/21/2009 6:10 pm ET by cl-thatyank

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-21-2009 - 4:15pm

So last week's goals:
1. Get caught up with my housework. I let it slide while I was sick and have spent the past week focussed on the essay I had needed to write while I was sick - as a result my flat looks like a tornado or bomb or something hit it. - SORT OF, it no longer looks like a tornardo hit it, but still not completely ideal either.
2. Sort out what I'm doing in terms of my study - I need to find some way of balancing the readings for lectures/tutorials and working on the assessments that I have to do in the remainder of this semester; not to mention actually allowing me to find time for myself around work and study. - ALMOST, I'm almost up-to-date with my notes and am gradually getting back into the swing of things with the readings.
3. Figure out what my next stitchery project will be so I can start picking up the supplies that I need for it (I know that I'll have some thread colours already but not all of tbem). - NOT DONE, will be placed on this week's list.
4. Get back to tracking my spending in relation to what I'm actually budgeting. - DONE, just got to stay on track with it.
5. Start actually following my meal plans - a meal plan will only save me money if I stick to it. - NOT DONE, I seemed to have one of those weeks when everyone wanted to change my plans on me.

So this week:
*Figure out what my next stitchery project will be so I can start picking up the supplies that I need for it (I know that I'll have some thread colours already but not all of tbem).
*Stay on track with study.

Lyn

bpeblink.gif picture by beautifulmandaPhotobucket

Lyn

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-21-2009 - 6:12pm
Well done on getting back on the study track...

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-22-2009 - 10:23am

Good morning all,

UFO's are done: mending, quilting and needlepoint. Was is left is taking pictures, Yeah! :O)

Last week was mainly, preparing for the cold season. Put away summer clothes,

Nathalie
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-22-2009 - 10:48am

Ongoing. - 2 of 3 oversize men's T shirts on the table, are redone into a fitted women's shirt. Very nice fit, now want to purchase some with long sleeves to remake.

Mon - burned 4 video CDs of recent trip to be mailed to fellow travelers.

Tues & Thurs PM - reading tutoring, as usual. Several items to be returned to various stores when I'm done. Mail the CDs.

Tues PM - birthday dinner for DGrS at local BBQ place. Please give me strength not to eat the cornbread! It is so-o-o good.

My DB & DSIL should be here for a day as they pass through on their way to FL.

Sat - drive 15 miles for DGrDs 1 hour soccer game. Since I retired, it is so hard for me to get anywhere at 9 AM - LOL.

Still need to wade through the bank receipts that have been collecting all summer in a basket. I did clear out the credit card slips. The temporary storage for these are 2 big fancy oven mits hanging in the kitchen. All receipts go directly there, and when it's stuffed, I know I need to tackle it. Also must get bill payment receipts out of basket and put in filing system. If it keeps raining and I'm stuck indoors, I may actually get to this.

Jacquie, in mid-IL

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-22-2009 - 1:51pm

So take those photos!

Wow you are a cleaning demon! Well done!

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-22-2009 - 1:53pm

LOL! I know what you mean about getting anywhere at 9AM!

Aw, go ahead and eat the corn bread. You deserve a treat!

CL for

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-23-2009 - 3:49pm

Well, I gave myself permission to break with tradition of ordering dinner which includes a huge serving of meat, 2 rich sides and the corn bread. What I really wanted was the taste of their smoked brisket, so I ordered a sandwich (ate with fork so it would last longer), split an order of jalapeno poppers with our DS, enjoyed a frosty mug of root beer, then took the small bowl of apple cobbler home for late snack.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-23-2009 - 5:43pm
That sounds yummy, except maybe for the poppers! I would have had a hard time holding off on that cobbler, though!

CL for