Goals, week of September 28, 2009

iVillage Member
Goals, week of September 28, 2009
Tue, 09-29-2009 - 11:54am

I totally forgot to post goals yesterday. Apologies.

So if you posted a list last week, we love to know how you did.

And, whether or not you posted last week, are you going to post a list this week?

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and ""Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

September is National Sewing Month.
In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-29-2009 - 11:55am

Last week, my to-so list included:

1. Stamping demo on Tuesday === DONE

2. Haircut on Wednesday === DONE

3. Pick up prescriptions refills === DONE< but the manufacturer (!!!) was out of my eye meeds so I'm having to check back this week.

4. Stitchery - Continue with San Man Originals Snowmen, and try to get my mind around working on some of my UFO quilting projects === finished the Sunflower Snow piece and have started on Blackberry Snow. Ripped out the wonky sashing on my raw edge applique study and restitched it.

5. House cleaner comes Wednesday === DONE

6. Walk - one mile a day... === did pretty good until Friday when my usual shoes were being repaired by DH (the sole was coming off, AGAIN) and I wore my gym shoes. Ended up blistering and tearing open my heels in those shoes and now it hurts to put shoes on. So despite the fact that I did get in me walking on Saturday, walking the neighbor's dog (I wore my crocs which don't have heels in them), I really haven't walked since.

7. Pay bills and update the computer records. = bills DONE but computer NOT.

I also did laundry and folded it but it isn't out away yet.

So this coming week:

1. Stamping demo on Tuesday

2. Check on eye prescription

3. Stitchery - Continue with San Man Originals Snowmen, and try to get my mind around working on some of my UFO quilting projects

4. House cleaner comes Wednesday

5. Walk - one mile a day…if my heels heal

6. Pay bills and update the computer records.

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and ""Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-29-2009 - 2:18pm

Last week - I did accomplish sorting through the debit card slips - went back to June. I'm so ashamed...

I leave on Fri for 11 day tour of Grand Canyon,etc. Most of the week will be sporadic trip related details. Weather here is in low 60s, will be in low 90s in AZ. Had to buy 5 new short sleeve T's for the trip. Good thing I'm so lazy and had not begun to pack away summer stuff yet.

Sewing machine & serger are covered and getting a rest for next 2 weeks.

One of DH's buddies is visiting until early Thurs A.M., so we are getting in a lot of chat time. Trying to fit in as much deck reading as I can in mid-day when temps are warmer.

Skipping tutoring u& Thurs because I'm just paranoid about catching something before the trip. The adult students seem to be less conscientious about keeping their germs at home and some were already hacking and sneezing. To be fair, a lot of folks in farm country have allergies when the harvesting begins, but who knows.

See you all mid-Oct.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-29-2009 - 11:01pm

My receipts go back that far too. they are sorted but not recorded and that is the tough part for me...

The Grand Canyon is wonderful. Let me know if you walk out onto that glass platform! I don't know if I could do that...

Ah yes, the soybeans are being harvested here now and the dust in the air from pulverized plants is something fierce!

CL for

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-30-2009 - 7:51am

Well,

Nathalie
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-30-2009 - 11:15am
So what will the costume be, Nathalie, that makes you laugh so much?

CL for

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-01-2009 - 8:29am

Not the costume itself. I have chosen an easy pattern from McCall's. It 's the possible difference between the

Nathalie
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-01-2009 - 12:06pm
You are a better woman than I, girl, because I am one of those people who, if the project isn't coming along like I THINK (want) it to, I get frustrated and edgy and things get even worse.

CL for