Goals, week of October 5, 2009...

iVillage Member
Goals, week of October 5, 2009...
Mon, 10-05-2009 - 10:28pm

Time to update out to-do lists...

My list last week included:

1. Stamping demo on Tuesday === DONE

2. Check on eye prescription === not done

3. Stitchery - Continue with San Man Originals Snowmen, and try to get my mind around working on some of my UFO quilting projects === worked on the San Man piece and two other pieces as well, didn't look at the quilting

4. House cleaner comes Wednesday === DONE

5. Walk - one mile a day…if my heels heal === except for walking the neighbor dog on Saturday, not done (my heals are finally healing through)

6. Pay bills and update the computer records. === bills paid, records still not done.

So this week is more of the same plus grocery shopping!

1. Stamping demo on Tuesday and Black Swamp Quilters on Thursday

2. Check on eye prescription

3. Stitchery - Continue with San Man Originals Snowmen, and try to get my mind around working on some of my UFO quilting projects

4. House cleaner comes Wednesday

5. Walk - one mile a day…if my heels heal

6. Pay bills and update the computer records.

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and ""Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?

CL for

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-07-2009 - 5:36am

Good morning,

Nathalie
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-07-2009 - 10:46am
New HOME! Now that sneaked up on me! I knew you were looking but you didn't let on you were that close! So tell us all about your new place!

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and ""Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?

CL for

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-08-2009 - 6:09pm

Well, where to start...

It`s a town house, about 1200 square feet on three levels. It`s North of Montreal, about 30 mins drive. It`s more country like then the suburb.

It`s very close to DH`s work and will be taking the train and no longer the subway. It will take me 50 mins. I will be at a walking distance from the train station, about 10 mins. I am working down town Montreal right above the central train station, from station to my desk... 5 mins. Train scheduels are excellent. I need it b/c my work scheduel is all over the place. Exemple this week I am working 7am to 3pm and next week it will be 2pm to 10pm.

There is practicly nothing to do, it`s a ready to move in house.

The yard is about 20` wide by 40' deep and it`s bare!!! I have a white canvas to work on..... you are also the CL- for gardening right LOL

We have enough space in the bedroom to place our actual furniture so this means that I can actualy take the master bedroom for the sewing room! Yahoo!

The house was built in 1993, the roof was done in 2006, counters and sinks and toilets have all been changed in 2008. All windows have been treated with (anti fog) sp? treatment.

I am overly excited.... June is so farrrrrrrrrrrrrr away :O)

I have to leave, for the bank... but when I come back I will try to post a few pictures.

P.S. There will be a guest room.... we never know what future holds I might get visitors from USA sometime :O)

Nathalie
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-08-2009 - 10:20pm

Sounds WONDERFUL! Such a great public transit system too --- I envy you!

No, I'm no not cl for gardening, but DH is a Master gardener and I can pick his brains! And you can always check in at Growing Flowers, Fruits and Veggies
http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-hgbasics

CL for

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-09-2009 - 12:57am
Can't remember the goals that I saw on the last goals post.
This weeks tasks are
* Write my American Politics essay - 3500 words on Bush v Gore by next Friday 16 Oct.
* Prepare for the 3 in-class tests that I have on Wed 14 Oct.
* Make a decision on which pattern I want to work on for my next cross-stitch project. I have it narrowed down to 3 of them. I also discovered going through my stash that a couple of the kits my family has given me in the last couple of years are WIPs.
Lyn

bpeblink.gif picture by beautifulmandaPhotobucket

Lyn

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-09-2009 - 1:13pm
Oh my, Bush v Gore! Don't forget those hanging chads in Florida --- made a massive change in how we voted from that point on! And the resulting difficulty with electronic voting has been nearly as nasty!

CL for

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-10-2009 - 5:45am
Thanks Carol - definitely won't be forgetting any part about Florida since it was such a big part of that election.
Lyn

bpeblink.gif picture by beautifulmandaPhotobucket

Lyn

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-12-2009 - 1:55pm

I started to respond yesterday, got about 3/4 of the way thru & we had a power glitch (common for our area) & my computer shut itself down... Guess I'll try again this morning before I finish my coffee!!

We're going into wk 2 of our 2-wk quarter break from school, but I'm feeling like mine is about gone & I haven't accomplished much. I got my hair cut finally last week; made it to the doc for my annual physical; read my daycare ladies monthly menus, did one of my quarterly home visits; & got some gorgeous flowers ordered timely for my Mom's 80th birthday last Thursday. I think I've settled on the colors for my Tuscan re-do of the basement family room - tho won't actually tackle that major painting project until after this long-term sub position is done, + there's a Thanksgiving trek to Iowa & 2 more week long stays w/the g'kids before mid December (maybe January!?!:). I've given some thought to redoing the ground floor w/hardwood floors since DH doesn't want more tile anywhere except the bathrooms, but the living room/dining room carpet & hallway/kitchen lineoleum are in need of being replaced (already put new pieces of carpet in the bedrooms when I repainted the interior a few years back).

On the sewing front: I got a couple minor sewing repairs out of the way (you know the kind that tend to pile on the sewing machine & wait forever...). I haven't worked on my Trip Around the World quilting (in the floor frame), but have again restarted working on the applique on my Poppy applique quilt top. After 10 yrs am down to finishing up the four 12" corner squares and having to get serious about finding a backing fabric - which I haven't seen in my occasional forays into fabric stores over the years, not really wanting to stick w/a solid black back. I spent a few serious days on the internet this past week & finally found a few really gorgeous orange-red Poppy prints on black - but they are too overwhelming for the quilt front unless I design a pieced backing where they are only part of the back. I found a black printed w/outlined Poppies in red from a designer in England - a very subtle match w/the front & the front runner so far. Also found a Red Swirl on mottled black from a shop in Washington - but am waiting to see if I can get a swatch to see how the fabric looks next to the top - the internet pic isn't really clear. I also now have to get serious about designing & sizing the big wave scallops I want to finish the outside borders with & the actual quilting design. Have all my original sources for the general idea, but haven't actually drawn it all out yet & I'm planning on handquilting this one also as it is for my D33 - a California girl named Poppy. But took the so-far completed top to the quilt guild meeting share last Thursday nite.

This weekend I finally started folding the first of my quilting stash to put away in my sewing room now that the shelving is pretty much finished & arranged (long term sewing room remodel project!!). Once I finish the first box (today) - I still have a closetful of fabrics to sort thru of everything else from all my sewing projects from many years of sewing for many different occasions... THAT won't happen this week as I go in tomorrow & finish the rearrange & set up of my new classroom (had to move to a different room to start the 2nd quarter). The superintendent said he'd give me one paid sub day during break to finish it up as I had to wait for all the stored music & home ec, etc. stuff to be moved out, student desks & computers to be moved in, & my computer to be hooked up & useable. So I'll go in tomorrow & hope that it's all been done, as Wednesday AM I leave for a week of "G'ma duty" in southern California. The new quarter will start w/a sub for me on Monday before I can get back into class on Tuesday.

That about takes care of my goals accomplished last week & for this next week. Now if I could just clear up the inklings of a sinus cold I've been fighting for a while - I'm good!!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-12-2009 - 3:44pm

My gosh, you are one busy woman!

Start taking photos of that new sewing space, OK? And the quilts, I want to see those quilts!

What is your favorite needlework embellishment?
What do you do to get yourself out of a style slump?

CL for