Goals, week of October 12, 2009...

iVillage Member
Goals, week of October 12, 2009...
Mon, 10-12-2009 - 3:52pm
I'm late this week but... time to share our to-do lists!

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and ""Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

What is your favorite needlework embellishment?
In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?
What do you do to get yourself out of a style slump?

CL for

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-12-2009 - 3:53pm

So last week was more of the same plus grocery shopping === DONE!

1. Stamping demo on Tuesday and Black Swamp Quilters on Thursday === both DONE. Handed in my two cards for the Christmas open house "contest" at the stamp shop, and took my crazy quilt pillow for show and tell at the quilt guild

2. Check on eye prescription === not done

3. Stitchery - Continue with San Man Original Snowmen "collage", and try to get my mind around working on some of my UFO quilting projects === got all the stitching and backstitching done on the snowman collage, and am ready to bead. Didn't do a thing with the quilts though.

4. House cleaner comes Wednesday === DONE

5. Walk - one mile a day…if my heels heal === didn't do as one heel is still tender and it was rainy almost all week.

6. Pay bills and update the computer records. === bills DONE; computer records NOT done.

This week will also be more of the same, complicated by the fact that DH's car is in the shop and he is using mine:

1. Stamping demo on Tuesday (here's hoping I have my car back). Also need to start on some ATCs which are due in November…

2. Check on eye prescription

3. Stitchery - Start beading the San Man Originals Snowmen collage, and try to get my mind around working on some of my UFO quilting projects.

4. House cleaner comes Wednesday

5. Walk - one mile a day…if my heels heal, and if the weather clears (with DH driving my car, going to the gym is out of the picture)

6. Pay bills and update the computer records.

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and ""Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-12-2009 - 4:54pm

Last weeks tasks were
* Write my American Politics essay - 3500 words on Bush v Gore by next Friday 16 Oct.
* Prepare for the 3 in-class tests that I have on Wed 14 Oct.
* Make a decision on which pattern I want to work on for my next cross-stitch project. I have it narrowed down to 3 of them. I also discovered going through my stash that a couple of the kits my family has given me in the last couple of years are WIPs.

Essay is being written now - I'm currently procrastinating by being online. I'm on track with preparing for the tests. Still haven't made a decision on the cross-stitch patterns, I may just have to start all of them.

As for this week's goals
* Finish essay.
* Sit tests.
* Do some stitching since I don't have any more study that needs to be done for a couple of weeks.

Lyn

bpeblink.gif picture by beautifulmandaPhotobucket

Lyn

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-12-2009 - 6:49pm

Wishing you good luck on your exams and on your essay!

So which three charts won out?

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-13-2009 - 6:14am
At present its a toss up between Oriental Dragon, Sunflower Picture and Field of Lavendar. I'll toss up a version of the pictures that came with these patterns once my study is finished. Of course, I could just work on finishing Chateau Royal, the WIP that I somehow received. I'm trying to be good and stay offline until I'm finished my essay (about halfway to the word count now) but that's easier said than done given a lot of my research needs to be done through databases.
Lyn

bpeblink.gif picture by beautifulmandaPhotobucket

Lyn

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-13-2009 - 12:27pm

I returned from 11 day trip to NV/AZ/UT in the wee hours of Monday, spent most of the day resting and recovering. Had a great time, but all that hiking is tiring on my old body. Today is devoted to catching up on laundry. DH did grocery shopping this AM, so guess I'm back in the saddle cooking - LOL.

Found expensive items in gift shops, spent much time looking over construction so I can duplicate. First project will be to find loose tapestry fabric to create a big piece of crazy quilted fabric to use to make body of a jacket one of the fellow travelers was wearing.

Bought pack of art deco postcards of sights in the canyons and will scan them into PC, print on fabric squares, then turn into a wall hanging. Also want to turn an abstract painting I saw into a hanging.

Not much else planned for the week, need to catch up on email, balance the checkbook and then decide if it's time to put the veggie garden to bed. The cold nights in IL have taken their toll on my tomatoes. Need to see which ones I can bring indoors for ripening.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-14-2009 - 3:09am

Winter did come early, didn't it. My tomatoes are toast and I suspect the green one left aren't close enough to rip to be worth saving.

Your trip sounds productive, creatively, if exhausting. Rest up and get your energy levels back to normal. You've earned it1

CL for

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-14-2009 - 11:11am

I picked the green ones and placed them in a paper sack with a banana - read somewhere that the gas produced by the banana speeds ripening. We'll see - one batch of fried green tomatoes is enough for me.

Decided that I must give my sewing/PC/exercise room a good tidying before I think of more projects. This is hard, because the memories are fresh & I'm dying to dive in. The only thing I will do is browse cotton fabric sales for wall hanging I want to make - pix attached. There is bedding piled from a visit by a friend just prior to my trip, travel souvenirs to file, etc. Will set aside the rest of Oct. to get house in order for really cold weather and the holidays.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-14-2009 - 4:36pm
That is gorgeous. Brings to mind canyon walls in red rock country! I can see lots of thread "painting" being used on that too!

CL for

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-14-2009 - 4:45pm

Yep, this painting was on display at a ranger station museum in UT. Can you fill me in on "thread painting"? Maybe I know it by another name - LOL.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-14-2009 - 5:43pm

Well, as I understand it, it's using "free motion" quilting to "color" and texturize fabric...
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art51097.asp
and:
http://www.hgtv.com/crafting/thread-painting/index.html

This lady has some videos:
http://www.nancyprince.com/
as does this site:
http://98.129.44.69/ThreadPaintingStitcheswithAttitude-10.html

CL for

Pages