Goals for the week of October 26, 2009

iVillage Member
Goals for the week of October 26, 2009
Mon, 10-26-2009 - 9:08am

So how did you do last week and what is in your plans for this one?

I am away from home this week, helping my Mom, since my cousin is having surgery. That frees me up from a lot of other duties, so I hope to actually get some stitching done!

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-26-2009 - 9:44am

Well, we just finished moving and dh is currently away for a month of follow on training so it is just the toddler and I. I've been using the time after he goes down for bed to work on stuff.

This weekend I worked on his costume and tonight I am going to finish it up.

I plan to use the rest of the week to work on DS stocking and try to at least get 3 of the 10 scarves I am making for the nieces/nephews for Christmas done.

Paul's stocking isn't hard just very time consuming since it is all done by hand and has lots of detail to it.

The scarves are easy and only take about 30 or so minutes to finish one since all the fabric is cut. Each scarf needs an initial sewed onto it and the pocket added.

Photobucket

Lilypie

Lilypie
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-26-2009 - 10:32am
Hope the surgery goes well for your cousin and hope your Mother is well also! Enjoy your stitching time!

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and ""Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

What is your favorite needlework embellishment?
In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?
What do you do to get yourself out of a style slump?

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-26-2009 - 10:33am
What kind of costume did you make?

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and ""Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-26-2009 - 10:33am

Last week my list was:

1. Stamping demo on Tuesday === DONE

2. Check on eye prescription === DONE

3. Stitchery - Finish beading the San Man Originals Snowmen collage === DONE
and try to get my mind around working on some of my UFO quilting projects === failing miserably on this

4. House cleaner comes Wednesday === DONE

5. Walk - one mile a day === ooops…

6. Pay bills ==== DONE
and update the computer records === another miserable failure

P.S. Edited to add that we've been invited out to dinner Friday night.... === cancelled at the last minute by friends who had a medical emergency

I spent all day Thursday, all day Friday, and all day Saturday waiting for a phone call from the appliance repairman who SAID they'd be out on either Thursday or Friday to check out our leaking water dispenser in the fridge door. AAARGH!

So this week:

Called the repairman and they ASSURED me that we are on the call list for this afternoon. DH is playing golf and has orders to grocery shop before he comes home. Here's hoping he remembers meat and veg (he forgot last week! LOL). Since I have to wait at home for that repairman, I haven't been able to get out and shop… and we are down to one bag of frozen spinach and one bag of frozen green beans.

Otherwise, more of the same:

1. Stamping demo on Tuesday - may not go as Janice has anther commitment.

2. Haircut Wednesday

3. Stitchery - Work on a stitched square for a prayer quilt

4. House cleaner comes Wednesday

5. Walk - one mile a day…

6. Pay bills and update the computer records.

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-26-2009 - 10:43am

Last week was spent resting up from canyon tour, so I had plenty of time to finish the baby blanket for new GrGrD arriving mid-Nov. Of course, I didn't do the final row until last Friday night, then gave it a quick wash on Sat. I've attached a pix of the mom-to-be displaying it. It is all cotton and so soft, I may need to make one for myself.

This week may actually be pretty much normal. The goals are:

Annual meeting of sportsman's club (where DH & I target shoot)tonight. I must make comments about messes left in the kitchen. Some of the guys seem to think there mother works there...

Tutor reading with adult ed on Tues & Thurs afternoon.

One more bank statement to balance. Still need to file the receipts & paid bills from all summer.

I'm itching to start a lap quilting project and have decided on a summer quilt for our bed. I've decided to pick nature motifs for each block, then machine quilt with free arm. Must check out which stores are having a sale. Don't laugh - my fabric shopping trips involve looking in 3 stores which carry fabric, getting totally confused, going away for lunch, then going back to make final decision.

Other than that, I'm giving a new workout video a try and so far I really like it. It's called "Fit at Any Age", for active older adults. It's broken into segments so I can do warmup followed by aerobics 1 day, then warmup followed by strength training the next, plus 8 minute segment of cool down.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-26-2009 - 5:34pm
I didn't have any goals last week. As for this week, I have my last exam for the year on Nov 3 so I'll be spending the next week studying even though I really don't want to - and I won't continue to study this particular subject next year. When I find time during the week between study and work I will be stitching. I don't know how much I'll get done, but I guess I'll see.
I intend on picking up some more of the threads that I need for the three projects that I can't decide between on Thursday when I get paid as well.
Lyn

bpeblink.gif picture by beautifulmandaPhotobucket

Lyn

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-26-2009 - 6:07pm

I might have to look into that video, as I certainly am no good at keeping up my walking...

That is a lovely afghan!

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-26-2009 - 6:09pm
Good luck on that exam. I know how hard it is to study for a subject you simply aren't enthsed about...

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-26-2009 - 8:15pm
He is going to be a scarecrow. I took a pair of existing overalls that he had and added patches and "straw" to them. I did the same with a flannel shirt that he had. Tonight I am finishing up his hat.
Photobucket

Lilypie

Lilypie
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-26-2009 - 8:27pm
Sounds so cute! Take a photo to share, OK?

CL for

Pages