Goals, week of November 2, 2009...

iVillage Member
Goals, week of November 2, 2009...
Mon, 11-02-2009 - 10:26am

Any progress on your to-do lists last week?

Have any goals you'd like to share for this week?

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and ""Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

What is your favorite needlework embellishment?
In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?
What do you do to get yourself out of a style slump?

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-02-2009 - 10:27am

Last week:
Called the repairman and they ASSURED me that we are on the call list for this afternoon. === he came and the parts came in Tuesday so he was back FIRST thing Thursday and the fridge is fixed

DH is playing golf and has orders to grocery shop before he comes home. Here's hoping he remembers meat and veg (he forgot last week! LOL). Since I have to wait at home for that repairman, I haven't been able to get out and shop… and we are down to one bag of frozen spinach and one bag of frozen green beans. === he came home with five packages of mixed veggies, ALL the same! AAACK!

Oh, and while the fridge repairman was there, the satellite guy came as well as Dh's control box burned out on Sunday! So we have a new satellite controller too!

Otherwise, more of the same:
1. Stamping demo on Tuesday - may not go as Janice has anther commitment === Janice's appointment was cancelled so we both went

2. Haircut Wednesday === done

3. Stitchery - Work on a stitched square for a prayer quilt === done and picked out "Free Flight" as my next WIP/UFO to tackle

4. House cleaner comes Wednesday === done

5. Walk - one mile a day… === NOT done

6. Pay bills === DONE

and update the computer records === you won't believe this but, while I was waiting for the fridge repairman, I actually input four credit cards' worth of records into Quicken! That was roughly 1/3 of the receipts that needed cataloging!

Oh, and Sunday, we went out to dinner with the people who had to cancel the previous week for a medical emergency.

So this week, besides having to vote on Tuesday (there are three constitutional amendments u for vote and one township supervisor)

1. Stamping demo on Tuesday

2. Stitchery - Work "Free Flight"

3. House cleaner comes Wednesday

4. Walk - one mile a day…

5. Pay bills and update the computer records.

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and ""Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-02-2009 - 11:14am

Last week's list:

Finish Paul's costume- did so and he loved it. Posted a picture in another thread.

Finish 3 of the 10 scarves- Done

Work on Paul's stocking- not done because I need to make it to the store to get some more thread, I ran out of the color I currently need :(

This week's to- do list:

- Finish up 3 more scarves
- Start working on prayer doll
- sketch out the foundation for my dad's Christmas gift.
- Follow the weekly cleaning schedule I made up this weekend.

Photobucket

Lilypie

Lilypie
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-03-2009 - 6:05pm

As I spent most of last week laying around fighting off some virus, I had no goals to check off my list. So, need to catch up this week.

1. Finish raking leaves in time for free city pick up on Fri.

2. Road trip to Amish quilt store on Thurs. Big sale going on. I hope to find at least 1 of the fabric I need for a summer quilt project.

3. Dental checkup on Weds.

4. Bake DGrDs birthday cake. She turns 28 and says the only thing she wants is my cake - devil's food layers split with raspberry jam, filled with whipped cream, covered with frosting made with whipping cream, semi-sweet chocolate bits, sugar. It travels best when frozen, so I will get done by Sat.

5. Meet the rest of the family for DGrDs birthday party at local restaurant on Sunday.

6. Still working on editing pix from canyon trip. Have learned how to turn it into a slideshow with music.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-03-2009 - 10:20pm
Don't you just HATE it when you run out of a thread color? Were you able to find it? I was wondering because you don't list the stocking in your to-do list!

Edited 11/3/2009 10:23 pm ET by cl-thatyank

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-03-2009 - 10:22pm
That cake is to die for! No wonder your DGrD requested it!

CL for

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-04-2009 - 3:58pm

Honestly, I haven't had a chance to make it to the store to look! This week has been crazy, I haven't even been able to touch my to-do list. Monday I had to take Paul to the doctors for what I thought was the chicken pox, it turns out it was something else called Molluscum, which is just an annoying skin rash. However, in order to prevent the spread of the rash all his toys had to be sanitized. I had an OB appointment Tuesday and ended up spending forever at the doctors because my record got misfiled and it was just a mess. I have another appointment tomorrow to get the referral I need for another ultrasound. It has just been crazy this week, so I've yet to make it to the fabric store.

I am hoping it shouldn't be to difficult to find the thread I need. The stocking kit uses embroidery thread and I ran out of gray. But, due to how the kit is done I can't just move onto another piece because you have to assemble it in a certain order or it doesn't go together correctly.

Photobucket

Lilypie

Lilypie