Weekly Goals, November 9, 2009

iVillage Member
Weekly Goals, November 9, 2009
Mon, 11-09-2009 - 7:59am

Did you accomplish last week's goals?

Have any new goals or to do lists to share?

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and ""Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

What is your favorite needlework embellishment?
In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?
What do you do to get yourself out of a style slump?

CL for

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-09-2009 - 8:01am

So last week, besides having to vote on Tuesday (there were three constitutional amendments up for vote and one township supervisor) === DONE, and of course, I have my usual rotten record for issues (I voted on the wrong side of 2 out of three…).

1. Stamping demo on Tuesday === DONE

2. Stitchery - Work "Free Flight" === DONE (her hair is finished)

3. House cleaner comes Wednesday === DONE but some bad news. Her step-mother has metastasized liver cancer and the prognosis is NOT good. So I may be missing a housecleaner while she deals with this...

4. Walk - one mile a day… === not done

5. Pay bills === DONE
and update the computer records === all rental expenses and stock quarterlies into Quicken, and updated all checks! Only have to balance three bank accounts now and I'll be totally caught up!

I also spent two days waiting for various repairmen (the ice maker in the refrigerator is not working and the sprinkler system needs to be winterized), both of whom came on Friday (the sprinkler man postponed from Thursday, late in the day). Sprinkler system is now taken care of, but the ice maker needs an optical sensor which means I'll be waiting around on Thursday again, probably!

So this week…

1. Stamping demo on Tuesday --- probably won't go as Janice has a funeral to attend

2. Stitchery - Work "Free Flight"

3. House cleaner comes Wednesday

4. Quilting Guild Thursday night

4. Walk - one mile a day…

5. Pay bills and update the computer records.

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and ""Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-09-2009 - 10:11am

This is going to be a really mixed up week. I'm slowly getting the windows/blinds/drapes cleaned of the Summer grime that blows in. But -

1 need to balance checkbook

2 Must decide which pattern to use for first lap quilt project, now that I have the fabric. I bought a wonderful binder with patterns, directions and plastic templates for many designs from eBay.

3 Tutor Tues & Thurs afternoon - reading tutoring at adult ed.

4 Back massage late Tues afternoon.

And biggest event - DGrGrD will be delivered by C section mid-day on Weds! As DGrS is an Army veteran, this fitting that she arrive on Veteran's Day. No word on her name - it's to be a surprise. The last DGrGrD was given the same middle name as mine.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-09-2009 - 6:51pm

I didn't accomplish anything from last week, due to how crazy everything got with our doctor's appointments and Paul wasn't feeling well.

However, he is feeling much better and this week is a fresh start!!! Here are my goals for this week

-Spend at least 30 minutes each day working on Paul's stocking, so it will be done by St. Nicholas Feast Day

-spend 30 minutes each day hanging clothes (we are still living out of boxes of clothes from the move)

- Do salt dough ornaments wtih Paul

-

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-09-2009 - 10:04pm
Congratulations on the new grandbaby! How exciting!

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-09-2009 - 10:05pm
So sorry to hear that Paul was under the weather last week. Here's hoping his recovery is complete as it sounds like he has a full schedule with you this week! Salt dough ornaments are fun to make, too!

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-10-2009 - 5:52am

This week's goals:

1. Take the kids to the office to show off new baby - DONE (DS was highly unimpressed with all the attention his sister got)

2. Take both kids to baby clinic for vaccines - DONE

3. Pay traffic fine

4. Go food shopping

5. Venture back to gym for the first time since having Ariane

6. Make 3 more baby carriers, which I'm hoping to sell

7. Make one more diaper cover for Ariane

8. Make yoga pants for Nikhil out of DH's old t-shirt

9. Make diaper doublers out of pile of old t-shirts.

That's quite a list - I really shouldn't be hanging around on iVillage right now!

siggy2
siggy2
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-10-2009 - 9:04am
Yeah, I am letting Paul decorate them and then sending them as gifts to grandparents and godparents from Paul.
Photobucket

Lilypie

Lilypie
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-10-2009 - 9:26am

She will actually a Great-granddaughter! The 7th - we inherited 4 by marriage. I figured it out that we begin a new generation every 21 years.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-10-2009 - 2:28pm

You are right, Roma --- you have a big list of things to sew there!

And what is this about a traffic fine?

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-10-2009 - 2:29pm
Ah, but Great Grandies get the same kind of "spoiling" from you, right?

CL for

Pages