Weekly Goals, November 16, 2009

iVillage Member
Weekly Goals, November 16, 2009
Mon, 11-16-2009 - 5:51am

Did you accomplish last week's goals?

Have any new goals or to do lists to share?

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and ""Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Has the recession really led us to make do instead of just throw away?
In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?
What do you do to get yourself out of a style slump?

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-16-2009 - 5:54am

Last week...

The ice maker needed an optical sensor which meant I'll be waiting around on Thursday again, probably === he postponed and came Friday, installed the new sensor, but it STILL isn't making ice!

So this week…
1. Stamping demo on Tuesday --- probably won't go as Janice has a funeral to attend === even though Mary was home (finally) she had amyl duties to attend to and Janice had her viewing so I skipped this week. Instead, Janice and Mary came down to BG on Wednesday and we went to lunch and then shopped Main Street. I found nymo thread at Coyote Beads (WOO HOO)!

2. Stitchery - Work on "Free Flight" --- didn't get a lot done but some of the leaves are finished

3. House cleaner comes Wednesday === done

4. Quilting Guild Thursday night === done, but didn't really enjoy it. The speaker was a 4-H person who spoke like she was talking to kindergartners and t make matters worse, she seemed way more connected to the other members than I did in these circumstances. I am now wondering if this guild is right for me: they don't teach, they don't do workshops for new techniques (their work days are for making quilts), and I truly don't think they get "beginners".

4. Walk - one mile a day… === noooo

5. Pay bills === DONE
and update the computer records === WOO HOO! Only one more bank account to go and I'll be caught up! Of course, it's the hardest since it is also the brokerage account but since last fall's market crash, it has been a lot simpler than in the past…

So this week…

1. Call the appliance repair and tell them the ice maker still isn't working, schedule an appointment and set that day aside to wait...

2. Call in prescriptions and pick up the refills

3. Plan for Thanksgiving (assuming DH finds out if BIL is coming) and do the shopping - will have to work this in around the appliance repairman

4. Stamping demo on Tuesday night

5. Stitchery - Work on "Free Flight"

6. House cleaner comes Wednesday

7. Walk - one mile a day…

8. Pay bills and FINISH the computer records!

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and ""Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Has the recession really led us to make do instead of just throw away?
In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?
What do you do to get yourself out of a style slump?

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-16-2009 - 12:01pm

Last week -

1 need to balance checkbook = done

2 Must decide which pattern to use for first lap quilt project, now that I have the fabric. I bought a wonderful binder with patterns, directions and plastic templates for many designs from eBay. = still working on this

3 Tutor Tues & Thurs afternoon = didn't make on Thurs. because I was at the hospital cuddling our newest family member.

4 Back massage late Tues afternoon. = done. Felt so-o-o much better afterwards, but muscles ached the next day. This is the usual pattern

Other things I accomplished -
Decided to get rid of treadmill that is taking up space in my hobby room. The old knees & back do not like the regular pounding. It is going to our DILs sister in town, and they will pick it up next week. Bought the new folding table for my room. It will sit along the wall where the treadmill & TV stand are now. It is light enough that I can rotate out to make a "U" shaped surface when I'm doing active sewing. So glad I didn't listen to DH who wanted to buy expensive one-piece "U" sewing cabinet. I have 3 tables - one with a lift up section for my sewing machine, one for the serger and now the new one. They are all light enough that they can be moved easily. I've even used one for extra serving space during the holidays.

This week -

1 Get my car detailed for the Winter. It was scheduled today, but as it's raining, the shop nicely called and suggested I wait until later in the week. The gal said she hated to get a car looking good and knowing it will be muddy after the drive home.

2 Tutor Tues & Thurs afternoon

3 Press & store the new fabric for quilt projects. Am debating about trying a tabletop ironing board. My metal board is oversized, hangs in the closet and is hard to get out. I saw a pattern for making a square pressing board for quilting, need to look into it further. It used chipboard instead of plywood, as it won't warp.

4 DGrD is coming for a sleepover on Fri. and we will work on sewing projects on Sat. Hope she wants to make a purse from the fancy girl's jeans I picked up for .25 at a garage sale on Sat. This would give her a chance to use my serger.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-16-2009 - 12:07pm

Previous weeks:

Apt needed to be taken

Halloween projects to finish

Sewing class

This week:

All apts are taken, hair, esthetic... should be presentable for Christmas. LOL

Sewing class: last week: class canceled, teacher sick. So was I. Working on pajama, see if I can cut other pieces to make another one.

Friday will get shot for H1N1. Dr recommended I wait a week since I have a cold.

3 birthdays ahead, nieces, Nov 18th and 25th and my mother on the 22nd.

Holloween projects, might finish them after Christmas.

Nathalie
Nathalie
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-16-2009 - 1:26pm

Last week's Goals-

-Spend at least 30 minutes each day working on Paul's stocking, so it will be done by St. Nicholas Feast Day - Done, it is coming along nicely.

-spend 30 minutes each day hanging clothes (we are still living out of boxes of clothes from the move) - Done, I'd made a good dent in the clothes.

- Do salt dough ornaments wtih Paul - Done. Paul had so much fun!!!!

- Go to story time on Tuesday - Done

- Go to the thrift store to look for a winter coat for Paul - Done, didn't find a coat for him but did find a new travel swing for the new baby.

- work for an hour each evening after Paul goes to bed on Christmas gifts - 4 out 7 days. I made good progress though on the days that I worked.

This week's Goals:

- Work on Stocking for 30 minutes per day

- Clean up the house (be done by Thursday morning)

- Pick Mark up from the Airport on Thursday!!!! (So excited!!!!!!)

- Purchase a turkey

- Make Ultrasound appointment

- Take Paul to see Santa

Photobucket

Lilypie

Lilypie
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-16-2009 - 3:13pm

Last Week
* Finish the bookmark that I'm currently working on (and post pictures when done). - Didn't even pick it up.
* Figure out which bookmark each family member is getting. - Couldn't decide which family member gets which bookmark, but since they all live together (grandparents, aunt, uncle and cousins) I'm going to make all the patterns up and give them to the family as a collective gift.
* Buy the threads that I don't have for those bookmarks. - I know what threads I need, I just need to purchase them.

The gift box for birthday present to myself was picked up.

Goals for this week
* Finish the bookmark that I'm currently working on (and post pictures when done).
* Work on sorting out purchasing the threads I need for upcoming projects.
* Catch up with my cousin for dinner on Thursday while she's over from Sydney.

Lyn

bpeblink.gif picture by beautifulmandaPhotobucket

Lyn