Goals for December 14 - 20, 2009

iVillage Member
Goals for December 14 - 20, 2009
Mon, 12-14-2009 - 12:47pm
So, how are things going with your to-do lists? Got anything on your plate for this week?

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and ""Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Has the recession really led us to make do instead of just throw away?
In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?
What do you do to get yourself out of a style slump?

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-14-2009 - 12:50pm

Last week…

Got all the Christmas cards signed, notes written (DH had already put in his notes) and stamped for DH to mail today === DH mailed on Monday he also mailed all our Christmas gifts on Friday and some have already arrived!

That tentative notice of jury duty sometime between December 1 and December 30 === still nothing by mail…

1. Wait for the furnace service man to come (between 10 and two on Monday) to do our annual heating system check-up. He's come and gone and all is well. === DONE

2. Emergency dentist appointment at 2:40 on Monday --- woke up Sunday to a missing filling === DONE. he replaced the lamination with the warning that it will not last and a cap is my only recourse.

3. Doctor's appointment Tuesday 9 AM === done and my cholesterol and blood sugars are fine, my blood pressure was ridiculously low, my thyroid is all over the place and bears watching, and I have gained 8 pounds in the last year. In all, a mixed blessing

4. Stamping demo on Tuesday night, although it's not a demo but an inventory reduction sale. Wonder if I can resist 25% off everything? === DONE, and I couldn't, but DH told me to pick out something for him to give to me so I did justify my purchase! It was SNOWING when we got out and no signs of road clearance so I ended up staying overnight at cl-puttergal's!

5. Stitchery - Work on "Free Flight" === DONE, and completed. See the thread at http://messageboards.ivillage.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=iv-hgstitchery&msg=8369.1

6. House cleaner comes Wednesday === DONE

7. HOA Christmas Party Friday Night at 6:30. === DONE. We left at 9:30 and it was still going on

8. Walk - one mile a day… no…

9. Pay bills and keep the computer records current! === BILLS paid and only two receipts in the pie to input

So for this week…

A meeting with the financial advisor on Tuesday (if I hadn't talked to him about another matter on the phone this AM, I wouldn't have known. What is it about husbands who make appointments and then don't tell their wives?)

Still waiting for that notice of jury duty sometime between December 1 and December 30... Looks as if I might dodge that bullet!

1. Stamping demos on hiatus until mid-January so we are hoping to have a lunch get-together Friday…

2. call in prescriptions to refill and go pick them up

3. Stitchery - have to pick out something to do!

4. House cleaner comes Wednesday

5. Walk - one mile a day…

6. Pay bills and keep the computer records current!

And sometime during the week, wrap DH's gift(s) and out up the inside decorations, including the tree...

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and ""Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-14-2009 - 2:18pm

Last weeks:

-mail packages - Done
-mail Christmas cards- Done
-wrap all gifts and put under the tree - Done though I know there will be a few more gifts to wrap that are from family that we are waiting to arrive
-clear the corner in the bedroom for the glider we purchased for when the baby arrives. - sorta done...corner isn't cleared but started.
-OB appointment- done, all is well with the baby

This week:
Grocery shop
Penance Service at church on Monday
Make sandwiches for soup kitchen tuesday
work on diaper inserts
start replacing the velcro on the diapers
DH's work Christmas party Friday
Tour battleship on Saturday
Go see Christmas lights on Sunday
Take give away bags to thrift store, goodwill or some such place
start christmas company cleaning;

Photobucket

Lilypie

Lilypie
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-14-2009 - 5:23pm
So glad all is well with the baby! Did you find out anything about the migraines?

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-14-2009 - 8:42pm
Unfortunately, there is nothing they can do for my migraines. They are hormone caused. I get them when I am not pregnant during ovulation and menstruation. Unfortunately, they are just something I have to grit and bear.
Photobucket

Lilypie

Lilypie
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-15-2009 - 6:01pm

Last week -

Work on fabric luggage tags as gifts - DONE

Tutor Tues & Thurs. - skipped, still sick

Reschedule massage that I missed on Monday. - not done

Have DGrD for overnight on Friday.- not done

Get some decorations up. I'm way behind.- not done

Try working out at Curves on Weds & Fri.- not done

Clean out the fridge. Various things stuck & spilled during the turkey day feast. Just couldn't face it last week. - DONE

Not spend one more day in my robe! - got in regular clothes by Thursday.

This week -

Balance checkbook

Go to Curves Mon/Wed/Fri. Went on Monday, could only do 2 circuits, but felt good.

Annual physical on Weds.

Start baking cookies

Continue writing notes in the online New Year's cards, then print. By doing NY cards, I can remind folks that the new year brings us promises of good things to come - and I don't need to put them in the mail until late in the month.

Spread the presents out on the big table to be sure I haven't forgotten any of the kids.

Buy gift certificates to favorite restaurants for adult grandkids.

Maybe put up more indoor decorations, but it's not likely.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-15-2009 - 8:37pm
Are you feeling better now? That cold lasted an awfully long time...

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-15-2009 - 10:15pm

Am feeling 95% recovered. I am so grateful that I had the pneumonia vaccine last year, otherwise the cold would probably have gone into something worse. Can't remember the last time I had a chest cold like that, just started right in the chest, no head/throat/fever. But, the local Jr College had an outbreak of such a virus early in the semester, so I guess it finally got to me. I'm having my annual physical on Weds, so MD will surely let me know if he hears anything funny going on.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-16-2009 - 4:32am
Fingers crossed then, for your physical!

CL for

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-17-2009 - 12:39pm

Lab reports were good. Told MD about a digestion problem I've had for a while, he thinks it's a side effect of one of my meds, so told me to lay off it for 2 weeks, test my blood sugar & see if the symptoms go away. There are other tablets I could try later, but if the blood sugar does okay, it is more inspiration for me to continue my regular workouts and getting my weight down. He was glad I stayed home, rested & let my body fight that nasty chest cold. He thinks it's sad that that so many people are in jobs where there don't dare take time off, and wind up infecting everyone else. I agree, so glad I'm retired now.

Ran last errand for remaining gifts this morning, now they are all on craft table for wrapping.

Jacquie