Goals fro December 21 - 27

iVillage Member
Goals fro December 21 - 27
Mon, 12-21-2009 - 3:33pm

What with Hanukkah just completed, Christmas soon to be, and Kwanzaa hard on Christmas' heels, I'm sure we are all buried in holiday preparations.

But, if you have time, share with us how you did last week and what you are planning to do this week...

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and ""Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Has the recession really led us to make do instead of just throw away?
In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?
What do you do to get yourself out of a style slump?

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-21-2009 - 3:34pm

Last week…

A meeting with the financial advisor on Tuesday (if I hadn't talked to him about another matter on the phone this AM, I wouldn't have known. What is it about husbands who make appointments and then don't tell their wives?) === DONE and we made some changes to a couple of accounts in hopes of increasing our assets instead of just staying stable.

Still waiting for that notice of jury duty sometime between December 1 and December 30... Looks as if I might dodge that bullet! === still no notice! Only 10 days to go…

1. Stamping demos on hiatus until mid-January so we are hoping to have a lunch get-together Friday… === Janice had knee surgery and Mary broke her elbow so meeting is delayed for undefined period of time!

2. call in prescriptions to refill and go pick them up === DONE

3. Stitchery - have to pick out something to do! === DONE. decided on Quaker Christmas" a sampler

4. House cleaner comes Wednesday ===DONE, and she brought cookies which lasted all of two days!

5. Walk - one mile a day… === nope

6. Pay bills and keep the computer records current! === DONE on both points!

Ended u going out to dinner for DH's Birthday on Thursday.

And sometime during the week, wrap DH's gift(s) and put up the inside decorations, including the tree... === DONE, except for DH's gifts…

So, for the coming week…

So for this week…

1. Christmas is at BIL's --- need to get details.

2. Stitchery - work on Quaker Christmas!

3. House cleaner comes Wednesday

4. Walk - one mile a day… (sure right!)

6. Pay bills and keep the computer records current!

And sometime during the week, wrap DH's gift(s)… or he might just get them in the post office mailing boxes!

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and ""Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-21-2009 - 4:19pm
I can't remember what was on my list for last week or if I even posted it.
Anyway, I need to get the bookmarks finished before Christmas. This has been given a helping hand by my ISP - they sent out a faulty firmware upgrade last week that killed my broadband modem, so I'm currently using dial-up and am forced to wait for the courier to turn up with the new modem.
Beyond that, just making sure I do the little Christmas shopping that needs doing.
Lyn

bpeblink.gif picture by beautifulmandaPhotobucket

Lyn

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-21-2009 - 4:33pm

Last week -

Balance checkbook - not done

Go to Curves Mon/Wed/Fri. Went on Monday, could only do 2 circuits, but felt good. - done

Annual physical on Weds. - done. Found that my intestinal problems was most likely a side effect of meds. Discontinued it, no more problems. Hooray!

Start baking cookies - 1 batch of butter cookies made, but I'm not happy with the taste. I used a different, "healthier" brand of flour. Guess there are some old recipes one shouldn't mess with. Have plain white flour now and will go into cookie baking overdrive.

Continue writing notes in the online New Year's cards, then print. By doing NY cards, I can remind folks that the new year brings us promises of good things to come - and I don't need to put them in the mail until late in the month. - some done

Spread the presents out on the big table to be sure I haven't forgotten any of the kids. - done

Buy gift certificates to favorite restaurants for adult grandkids. - done

Maybe put up more indoor decorations, but it's not likely. No more done.

This week -

A few present left to wrap, & cash to be added to envelopes.

More baking.

Christmas Eve gift exchange & dinner at DSs house 20 miles from here. Hoping weather behaves.

Taking train to Chicago on 12/25 to visit my extended relatives. DH is staying home and holding down the ford - aka eating cookies & holding the cat.

Here's wishing you all a happy holiday - no matter how you celebrate it.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-21-2009 - 7:17pm
Dial-up? THAT is painful to contemplate!

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-21-2009 - 7:19pm

I now have this picture in my head of a husband with a plate of cookies and cat in his lap!

Enjoy your family get-togethers!

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-21-2009 - 9:12pm
Yep - definitely painful to use as well.
Got the new modem and its already a lot quicker to search the net.
Lyn

bpeblink.gif picture by beautifulmandaPhotobucket

Lyn

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-22-2009 - 9:17am

Well, last week was almost a complete flop when it came to getting things done:

Grocery shop- done
Penance Service at church on Monday -no, neither Paul or I were feeling well.
Make sandwiches for soup kitchen tuesday- no, not feeling welling
work on diaper inserts- done and they are already being used
start replacing the velcro on the diapers- no, need to order it will deal with after the new year.
DH's work Christmas party Friday- no baby sitter
Tour battleship on Saturday- was raining and icy so didn't go
Go see Christmas lights on Sunday- no go because DH ended up having to work and I didn't feel well.
Take give away bags to thrift store, goodwill or some such place- no still sitting in the corner waiting.
start christmas company cleaning;- didn't happen because I've been feeling unwell most of the week.

Goals for this week:

Get completely better from this sinus cold I've been battling.
Get downstairs company clean for Christmas
Go to walmart to get the last few things we need (rolls, small gift for DH and batteries.)
Bake Christmas cookies
Take Paul to see the winter wonderland museum
Midnight Mass on Christmas (Will def. depend on how I feel...lately I've been going to bed when Paul does at 8.)
Christmas, which should be fairly low key, just 1, maybe 2 people joining us.
Go see the Christmas light display the day after Christmas
Call and wish my parents a happy anniversary

Photobucket

Lilypie

Lilypie
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-22-2009 - 5:59pm

Oh my, not feeling well and I suppose there's really not much you can take to help what with being preggers and all...

Hope you get better soon so you can enjoy the holidays.

CL for