Goals for MLK Day and the week after

iVillage Member
Goals for MLK Day and the week after
Mon, 01-18-2010 - 12:16pm

It's that time again... and for a change, id din't forget! LOL

Post how you did last week.

If you didn't post goals last week, why not post some for this week?

CL for

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-18-2010 - 12:17pm

This week so far:

1. DH called in an electrician, FInally, who fixed the upstairs switches *and* the pantry light === DONE

2. My laptop's trackpad clicker died Monday and since using a mouse with a laptop (what I'm doing now) is a PIYA), I spent Monday night arranging for AppleCare to take delivery of my machine and repair it. So of course, once arrangements were made, the battery decided to warp and delaminate so now I'm working on AC Adaptor only, The box is here for AppleCare and I spent yesterday backing up the laptop but am now waiting for a new battery from Apple before I can sent it off. === Battery arrived today is is working fine, as is trackpad --- apparently it was the warped battery at fault!

3. Went to the stamping demo with Mary and Janice and had our Christmas exchange as well. It was SOOO god to se them both again. === DONE

4. Phones in my prescription refills this AM. === DONE and picked up

5. Updated the finance records on computer BEFORE backing up the hard drive... == DONE

6. Quilt Guild tonight. We are supposed to bring the fabric for a "Unstarted Quilt Project" tonight and I have mine together... === DONE so now I HAVE to work on that quilt

7. Stitchery - continue working on "A Quaker Christmas" (It's a little more than 2/3 done now). === DONE, it's now about 5/6 done

8. bills === DONE

and wait for that painter... he never came!

Also did several loads of laundry: washed, dried and put away! YAY!

So this week:

1) Nag DH to work on the switch in the basement which gets hot to the touch when turned on (what IS it with electronics in this house?)

2) Appointment with notary tomorrow at 3 PM to sign the mortgage restructuring paperwork

3) Stamping demo Tuesday Night

4) work on "A Quaker Christmas" and get up the courage to cut the fabric for the Unstarted Quilt Project *and* stash fabric of the guild challenge, a "row of the month" mystery quilt. Also start planning for the february Bead Journal piece.

5) Housecleaner comes on Wednesday

6) Bills and computer records for finances (still waiting for the tax prep documents but are in contact with the tax preparer and she assures us they will be here shortly)

and wait for that painter???

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-18-2010 - 12:35pm

Goals for this week:

get appointment with Midwife to hopefully get an pain rx, so that I can function better then I can at this point.

purchase dresser for the boys

put away clothes in the dresser

start washing baby clothes

start sewing on the diaper bag

story time

get a few more scrapbook spreads finished for Paul's baby book.

Photobucket

Lilypie

Lilypie
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-18-2010 - 9:44pm

This week should be pretty normal -

1 More work on taxes. Waiting for 1099s to arrive, then I could finish everything except DHs business info.

2 Complete the rest of the postcard print quilt blocks. I have 4 done and have mastered mitering the corners of the borders, thanks to a video I found on the Internet.

3 Lunch at DGrD (9) school on Weds. We can eat in or I can take her out. Betting she votes to go out for pizza.

4 Gather more info for putting in a garage & new drive. We have a gravel drive & 2 cars. Now the city is changing the parking lane in front of the house to a bike lane. This means our fragile friends would be required to park around the corner - and that's not safe with the weather we've been having. All this for a handful of bike riders in the area - grrrrr.

5 Must make appt for a back massage asap. All this sewing has taken it's toll.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-19-2010 - 12:14am
Sorry you are having pain. Hope you get relief...

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-19-2010 - 12:16am

Odd that they eliminate parking for a bike lane. I'm sure you aren't the only one on the street with this problem...

Was there no room to put it in parallel to parking? Or were they just not thinking (or caring)?

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-19-2010 - 10:01am

The current parking lane is 1 car width. When we moved here in 73, this was a 2 lane state route. The lane made it easier to slow down & get in our drives. Our lot is deep & narrow, so the original drive is 1 car wide. We've done without a garage, just have a shed for cycle, mower, blower, etc. Our 2 cars are parked end to end.

We live in a University town and our local govt. wants to be known for progressive ideas, so this big bike path (with some $$ from our already broke govt.) project has been pushed through. With no head count of bike riders on our edge of town, it makes no sense. The UI is in the middle of town, the faculty & students who bike live nearer to it than our area. Another govt. folly.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-19-2010 - 12:30pm

I'm sorta kinda getting into a routine for spending time outside & getting some yard maintenance projects done finally - just a bit at a time - but at least a few hours every other day - it's just been too nice to not (in the 60's - tho some days quite windy). I've managed to at least clean up a lot of the bermuda grass trying to take over my garden patch next to the new back patio; have successfully cleaned out about 100 feet of the back end of the irrigation ditch which has overgrown the past several years as we haven't turned on the big farm irrigation well in a few years. Still have more than that to do, but it's a good start. Actually getting the hang of using the gas weedwhacker, I just don't have a lot of strength in my arms, sometimes can't even get the "easy start" lawnmower to start up...

Friday got a couple more of my childcare providers home visits done. Saturday quilted on my Trip Around the World quilt most of the day. Last week my nightime TV quilting netted another lap frame worth of quilting on the Xmas quilt, almost completed another corner block on my Poppy applique quilt - which means last corner block to go (then to work on the scalloped borders & piping trim - a get busy with coming up with a finalized quilting plan). Also finally put a winter quilt on the guest bed, made 2 new eurosham covers & a "rail fence" patchwork throw pillow cover to match; bought a 3rd europillow to make one more (it's a Cal King bed & 2 just isn't enuf).

This week - Sunday, I weeded out the play yard under the swingset and mowed the acre around the house with my walk about gas push mower (more often than not, I have trouble w/the rider). Had DH pull out the chipper/vac which I bought several years ago & it has sat since. I'm going to put that thing to use this year I hope - tho the bag has deteriorated. I think DH forgot we had it & spent a lot of last summer trying to fix up a bag for a pulling sweeping wagon to go behind the sit-down mower - which ended up not working as he had envisioned it... Also his friend came & took the aviary in the yard so we got most of the corner of the yard cleaned up pending whenever he gets around to putting up a better version.

Yesterday balanced the checkbook, went to lunch w/a couple teacher pals to get more info from one about our internet teaching options. Got stuff for S20's birthday dinner which we put off until tonite if DH makes it home from work by dinnertime. S23's birthday is Thursday & I'm awaiting an-e-mail answer from last week about some other stuff & any BD requests. If nothing else will call him in Boston THursday...

Today will probably do housekeepers small mending pile to trade for vacuuming DH's computer area downstairs tomorrow & work on the 3rd eurosham. May also cut the assorted pieces for next weeks quilt meeting workshop "Whispering Leaves" - don't need to start another project, but it still sounds interesting. May spend a little more time on the Trip Around the World frame quilting, tho my fingertips are still a bit needlepunch sore from Saturdays marathon.

Tomorrow housekeepers come in. Plan is to upload the tax software & start organizing the pile of paperwork I've got stuck in last years calendar into inputtable information. Still have to wait for W-2s, but the rest of it can be done without them.

Got S34's race schedule for planned G'ma weeks thruout this next year - have to nail down DH on his vacation plans for a couple of them or rearrange the schedule w/the other G'parents for a couple of them. Since the 1st one is in question & is only a few weeks away (1st wkend of March) she's a bit concerned about getting it arranged sooner rather than later... DH is sort of waiting to hear from D27 as she's due to return home to Idaho from Korea in the next couple weeks. He wants to help her w/some tiling & laying a hardwood floor, but she may postpone doing the house fix-up stuff as she's going back to Korea in July for a full year.

Also have to get DH serious about doing the research on flooring for us as I'm ready to tear out carpet & put in "wood" flooring - as he'll go for that where when I've mentioned tile it's a flat NO can do (he's concerned about the weight over the basement..). But he likes to do his research & know he's getting the best bang for his buck & our living style - which is OK, but it can take him awhile to come to a decision as it's a big expenditure. Of course we only just started making the payments on the new windows, but, now that I've got the YES out of him, I don't want to wait many more years, I'd like to get it done while I can enjoy it. We've been in this house 15 years already...

Well off to start today.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-19-2010 - 10:37pm
My gosh, woman, where are you finding the energy, let alone the time to do all that?

CL for

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-24-2010 - 9:42am

Hi,

Haven`t said much since the Holidays:

Before Christmas, finished both pajamas (sewing class).

No sewing class this winter.

Last year had a 18" doll for my birthday (no name given yet)and bought a few patterns, will likely continue practicing, on a smaller scale. I hope it will be as efficient!

Last week, this week and the one starting: packing boxes, packing boxes and packing boxes. Set up apt for moving truck (June 8th at 8am).

Almost all is done except the kitchen, surprisingly I don`t have much b/c had done BIG clearing up last year. The sewing room is not done, besides books being stored away.

The one thing left to do is address change but it can be done in April. Now I can relax a little bit until spring. I have also changed my schedule. Will work until 8 PM. A little bit late, but for a while no getting up at 4:40 - 5 am, yeah!

I see that here has been quite busy... no stop for the working bees right? *wink* *wink*

Have a nice Sunday and week ya'all

Nathalie
Nathalie
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-24-2010 - 12:43pm

My gosh, you are packing ALREADY? I don't know if I could live out of boxes but I suppose it makes sense for things like books and out-of-season clothing and...

I'm afraid I got spoiled when our moves were company-sponsored and they had packers come in and have us ready to move in a day! Of course, we are STILL unpacking from the last move (in 2003! LOL) because we aren't nearly as efficient at the professionals!

CL for

Pages