February 1, 2010: Goals anyone?

iVillage Member
February 1, 2010: Goals anyone?
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 2:25pm

It's Monday again, the First of February, and time for more goals…

How did you do last week? What do you hope to do this week? Inqiring minds want to know!

CL for

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 2:26pm

Last week, my list was as follows:

Monday: Went to the hospital and had my mammogram and my bone density scan!
1) Black Swamp Hosta and Daylily dinner Monday. === DONE

2) Continue to nag DH to work on the switch in the basement === no effect as yet

3) Stamping demo Tuesday Night === DONE

4) Stitchery work on one of my UFOs === DONE. Completed and photo posted. And started a new piece on Sunday night, called "Garden Sampler" from Kooler Design Studios

and get up the courage to piece the fabric for guild challenge === NOPE a "row of the month" mystery quilt

Also "finish" (line and back) January Bead Journal piece === DONE

and continue planning for the February Bead Journal piece === DOEN! I have the cloth pieced and it's ready to press and bast the felt backing onto; I have the pattern *sort of* in mind and beads sorted for it…

5) Housecleaner comes on Wednesday === DONE

6) Bills and computer records for finances (still waiting for the tax prep documents …) === DONE on all three counts (except of course, more bills have come in to be input into Quicken); I've even started on the accountant's questionnaire!

and wait for that painter??? === no sign of the man!

So this week:

1) Continue to nag DH to work on the switch in the basement

2) Stamping demo Tuesday Night

3) Stitchery: work on my new embroidery piece and get up the courage to piece the fabric for guild challenge, a "row of the month" mystery quilt.Also work on the February Bead Journal piece.

4) Housecleaner comes on Wednesday

5) Bills, computer records for finances, and the tax prep documents …)

6) Call the bank about our CD which is coming due Friday… to see what interest rates will be

and wait for that painter???

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 4:52pm
I haven't posted any goals for a few weeks, anyway my goals for this week are
* Make a list of the threads that I need for the next project (I had a list but I've lost it)
* Do another declutter. For some reason, I keep ending up with clutter.
Lyn

bpeblink.gif picture by beautifulmandaPhotobucket

Lyn

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 8:03pm
Oh I so know what you mean about clutter!

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 11:38pm

LAST WEEK -

1 More practice on free motion quilting. All 6 postcard blocks are layered with batting & backing for quilt-as-you-go work, but I want to be sure I can do a decent job on the outline quilting. - DONE, have begun quilting the blocks

2 Tutoring Tues & Thurs afternoon. - DONE

3 Curves workout Mon/Weds/Fri (unless weather gets really bad) - SKIPPED WEDS.

4 Lunch at school with DGrD (7) on Weds. She already phoned to instruct me that she wanted a burrito from the store near the Subway. She's a character - always thinking ahead and taking charge of everything. - GREAT FUN

5 Get tickets for visit to DB in FL and DSis in AL in late Feb. I will SO need to get away from the gloomy cold by then. - DONE

6 Need to paint the inside of the linen closet to match the adjoining bathroom. Room was painted 2 years ago, I finally cleaned out the closet last fall, then promptly lost interest in painting. The current color was applied in 1980, so is due for a change. - NO FURTHER THOUGHT

THIS WEEK -

1 Pick up new kitty (8yrs) from local shelter - DONE

2 Complete quilting on blocks

3 Take both cats to vet on Fri for checkups

4 Usual tutoring Tues & Thurs

5 Curves Mon/Weds/Fri.

6 Clean bathrooms in readiness for 3 night visitor next week. One of DH's model RR buddies, and long time friend of us both. Always good company.

7 See play Nunsense on Sunday, put on by local Jr. College theater group. Going with other Curves women, then out to eat later. Nice to meet new people.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-02-2010 - 3:00am

A new kitty? Tell us about him/her!

And also about the play (I miss going to plays!).

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-02-2010 - 9:02am

Not much done in that dept,

Last week: continue on making boxes, Dr`s app, cooking (made 1st pizza dough using bread machine, yummy) and made some space in the sewing room : books and binders containing class notes stored away.

Got some fabric washed and bought cardboard paper for back grounds of my paper fashion projects. It was the 1st time I spent, online looking at scrapbooking stuff,,,,, I think it could compliment my paper fabric projects nicely :O)

This week: boxes but not much left to do. Get use to my new scheduel, noon to 8pm or later if OT needed. Get some breather time in the sewing room. SO much sun get in there :O). I`ve just gone through, for the 3rd time, Martha Stewart`s Feb issue. Cool

Have a nice day / week ladies :O)

Nathalie
Nathalie
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-02-2010 - 1:50pm

Last week - quite Productive :)

tho I skipped the quilt group workshop Tuesday nite, I stayed home & made the 3rd eurosham cover for the guest bedroom (DONE) - also means I DID NOT start a new project :). Now that SD27 is home in Idaho I ordered her Xmas present to be delivered to her house (a wall mounted wine rack like mine she admired a couple years back..).

Oven, kitchen frig cleaning (DONE) - & then reorganized, cleaned & repapered the kitchen cupboard shelves. Never did finish most of them when we moved in - 13+ years ago...

Purple glass collection clean & shiny (DONE) - soaked in white vinegar & discovered shaking beans inside to get out the cloudiness worked quite well for most.

Dog bed cover (pinned) & housekeepeers mending pile - still sitting on my sewing table.

No quilting on Trip Around the World in frame, nor Xmas quilt, tho did do one nite's work on Poppy quilt block applique.

Irrigation ditch - NO yard work last week.

This week -
S20's taxes (DONE - as long as he doesn't get any more W-2's, tho he thinks they're all here), inc. a 3rd set of forms for Iowa so he can get his refund from his 2 months of work there.

Our taxes - everything now entered in the computer program except DH's W-2 - should be here this week (our mail is notorious for its delays... January's house "bookkeeping" closed & February's open.

Baking soda'd, hydrogen peroxided, white vinegared, & shampooed the dining room carpet Sunday (hopefully neutralized the cat pee smell & stains...)

Turned down 2 days subbing this week as my Mom is flying in to Vegas Wednesday AM for this months round of visits. But still on for lunch w/some teacher buddies Saturday.

Housecleaner scheduled for tomorrow (maybe get to her mending today), Bug man scheduled for Friday PM.

DH headed out to Carson City, NV yesterday to bring back a trailer full of a RR buddies "stuff" to inventory & help the widow sell for appropriate $$ as well as clean out her house so she can get moved out this Spring hopefully. No yard holes filled, or aviary stuff left in our yard cleaned up...

Last nite - few hours (3 movies worth) quilting on Trip around the World quilt in frame - hopefully more during rest of week. Printed off a copy of a small quilt from the Road to California winning quilts website to help solidify an idea I'm formulating about using some beading in my Poppy centers - that I'll need to do before sandwiching.

S20 washed his truck & is getting stuff together & packed up for his drive (move if he can get work there!) to Colorado - maybe ready by Thursday or Friday (after G'ma gets here).

With a visitor things are bound to slow a bit this month, but going to try to keep up w/a least some of this stuff. Have gotten such a good start so far this year.. Hate to come to a grinding halt already!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-02-2010 - 1:54pm

So the packing is almost finished? Wow!

Wait a minute..you have SUN? we haven't seen the sun here s no long. And it's snowing (lightly but still snow) AGAIN! That blasted groundhog saw his shadow...

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-02-2010 - 1:58pm

Joanne, where DO you find the energy?

I have more post-it-notes on my taxes for missing 1099s, 1098s, etc than I do filled in pages. It's not our mail so much as lazy accountants in the various responsible companies, IMO!

How do you watch movies and quilt too? I'd get lost: lose the plot thread in the movie or lose my place in the quilt or probably both!

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-02-2010 - 2:41pm

First things first - introducing Drexel (aka Drex), 8 yr.

Jacquie

Pages