March 1-7, 2010! Any Goals?

iVillage Member
March 1-7, 2010! Any Goals?
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 10:53pm

March 1. Can spring be far behind? I surely hope not!

So tell us about what you did last week and what you hope to do this week. Inquiring minds want to know!

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 10:55pm

Last week, I didn't have a lot planned…

1) Continue to nag DH to work on the switch in the basement === DONE, but still to no effect

2) Tuesday Night a "Princess House" party at SILs instead of a make-and-take at stamping === DONE. Not my kind of product but I want to give support to SIL who is panicking at the lack of employment

3) Stitchery: work on my new embroidery piece === ALMOST finished with the cross stitch. Only some background or do and then the backstitch…
and get up the courage to piece the fabric for guild challenge, a "row of the month" mystery quilt === NOT done

4) Housecleaner comes on Wednesday === DONE

5) Haircut on Wednesday === DONE

6) Bills, computer records for finances, and continue working on the tax prep documents …) === DONE except still waiting for the last 1099 documents. Call in to the financial advisor…

DH went to Cincinnati over the weekend: American Hemerocallis Society Regional Conference. Naturally, he came home with more daylilies… We were hoping to see an old friend who was in Pontiac MI for the blessing of his grandchild but weather got in the way… Second-snowiest February in history, they say!

So this week --- more of the same!

1) Continue to nag DH to work on the switch in the basement

2) Tuesday Night - stamping demonstration

3) Stitchery: work on my new embroidery piece; get up the courage to piece the fabric for guild challenge, a "row of the month" mystery quilt; and start on March Bead Journal pice

4) Housecleaner comes on Wednesday

5) Bills, computer records for finances, and continue working on the tax prep documents …)

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 9:10am

As I was either traveling or recovering from traveling, nothing much to report.

This week:

- Adult reading tutoring Tues/Thurs.

- Switch Curves workout to Tues/Thurs/Sat. Time to start having whole days at home to work on projects, garden, walk outside, etc.

- Attach hanging sleeve & binding to postcard wallhanging. Determined to have pix to post soon!

- Plan blocks the baby quilt for new GrGrDaughter due mid-June.

- Await arrival of instruction book for new concertina I bought on my vacation.

- Balance Jan. bank statement BEFORE Feb. statement arrives.

- Make birthday card to go in package to DBIL.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 1:43pm

Concertina? Will we get a concert? (I wish there was a way to share sound here but maybe, if you have sound on a sharing site, you could link it here...).

So are you recovered from your trips?

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 8:23pm

LAST WEEK:

Wanted to finish lap quilt for BD present: done

Worked on this project all week to have it done, not much else done.

Went to a quilting shop near by. I bought a few things. Among them:

Nathalie
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 8:48pm

The concertina was pure impulse buy. I play the piano, but always wanted an accordion. Now my aging back wouldn't be able to support it, so this a smaller version. The joke around here is that Mom is going to learn to play, then run off with a Cajun or Gypsy band - LOL. Only if Johnny Depp is a gypsy, the way he was in movie "chocolat".

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 10:36pm

OMG, I never knew quilting notions were so pricey nowadays! I bough all of mine so long ago when I had spare $$$.

I'll keep an eye out for sales on those Fiskar's rotary cutters. Maybe I can use one of my Michaels or Hobby Lobby 40% off coupons for you...

Mother Nature is taking a break. It's cold but not snowing. Now if she just decides to welcome in spring...

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 10:37pm
I didn't see chocolat but I wouldn't mind Captain Sparrow from Pirates...

CL for

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-03-2010 - 12:13am

Nah! Don`t worry spring will be here before we know it! :O)

Sugar Shack season has started her up Nortttttttttth! I believe that you guys, down south, will be wearing flip flops at Easter :O)LOL

I plan on working on my signature for this board over the weekend see if I can come up with something cheery...

Thank you for the generous offer about the coupon if it happens it will but if it does not it`s ok. I to will watch for those sales like an hawk :O) LOL

Nathalie
Nathalie