WIP Wednesday 3/3/10

iVillage Member
WIP Wednesday 3/3/10
Wed, 03-03-2010 - 11:13am

Back in February, when I asked what you all would like to see,

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=iv-hgstitchery&msg=8514.1

some of you indicated that you would like to see progress reports for projects you are working on, whether they come from the resources posted on Stitcher's Niche or elsewhere. So this will be a new repeating thread where you can post pictures, etc. of what you are currently working on…

So, anyone working on something that they would like to tell us about?

CL for

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-03-2010 - 12:15pm
I'll start!

What I have REALLY been working on is "Garden Sampler", a design by Nancy Rossi of Kooler Design Studios, kitted by JanLynn. I started it on February 4... it needs a sunflower behind the "N" in "Garden" and then the background behind "Garden" and then it's on to the backstitching.

Edited to add that I realized it also needs a one-stitch-wide border in lime green all around. Ooops!

Back in January, I pulled some fabric for the quilt guild's "row of the month" mystery quilt. I had this fabric from when we lived in Saudi and in two colorways so I MUST have liked it! And I have PLENTY!LOL

So far, we have two months of row patterns and I have cut the fabric for both patterns for both colorways... but that's it. I NEED to start piecing!

the red colorway:

the green colorway:

And finally, there is the Bead Journal Project. I have pulled fabric and beads for March:

Edited 3/4/2010 12:31 pm ET by cl-thatyank

CL for

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-03-2010 - 10:14pm

I don't have much in my workbasket right now. I just finished an afghan length lapghan...does that make sense? Anyhow it's for our camper and I made it long enough so if I wanted to stretch out on the sofa it would cover me. I also finished the knit stitch dishcloth.

I'm currently working on a purl stitch dishcloth which seems to be working up much faster and crocheting a tote/shopping bag.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-03-2010 - 10:36pm

(please pardon the hat)

Right now, I'm working on adding a round of single crochet trim to some motifs (hexagons) that were given to me and am joining them into a lapghan

~Jackie

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-03-2010 - 10:42pm

Yawee cool!

Need to get projects organized and take pics...

that is a wonderful idea! Love it love it!

Nathalie
Nathalie
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-04-2010 - 12:08am
Yes indeed, afghan length lapghan DOES make sense. Nothing more frustrating than a lap "robe" that either leaves the feet exposed or won't let you pull it up to your chin!

CL for

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-04-2010 - 12:09am
Any pictures?

CL for