March 8-15, 2010! Any Goals?

iVillage Member
March 8-15, 2010! Any Goals?
Mon, 03-08-2010 - 12:27pm

So how's it going? getting anything done? Or has spring fever struck? It's warming up here (49° yesterday and more of the same today) and DH's daylilies are starting to sprout...

SO any goals for this week?

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-08-2010 - 12:31pm

Last week I planned to...

1) Continue to nag DH to work on the switch in the basement === ooops, forgot

2) Tuesday Night - stamping demonstration === DONE

3) Stitchery: work on my embroidery piece === DONE, all but the backstitching, which I started last night

get up the courage to piece the fabric for guild challenge, a "row of the month" mystery quilt === NOT done

and start on March Bead Journal piece === tried a new technique and not 100% happy with it so I might try again; if it doesn't work second time around, I think I'll try a new approach. I think my hands/fingers are too big to do some of those beading techniques using seed beads…

4) Housecleaner comes on Wednesday === DONE

5) Bills, computer records for finances, and continue working on the tax prep documents …) === all DONE BUT the taxes still aren't done. I did discover that the financial company isn't sending us some of teh 1099s I expected becasue we didn't do any out-of-IRA trading last year so... only our bank is left to call.

So this week, besides a dentist appointment today at 1:50PM, it's more of the same!

1) Continue to nag DH to work on the switch in the basement

2) Tuesday Night - stamping demonstration

3) Stitchery: work on my embroidery piece; the guild challenge; and the March Bead Journal piece

4) Housecleaner comes on Wednesday

5) Bills, computer records for finances, and continue working on the tax prep documents …)

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-08-2010 - 5:17pm

I don't remember if I post goals last week - I don't think I did since it was hectic with jury duty.

Anyway the goals this week are:
* Work out my self-directed study schedule for the week - this will need to be done today.
* Arrange to speak to my lecturers about what was missed last week since I was on a jury while the lectures occurred.
* Make sure I have time to do the things I want to do including stitching and non-academic reading.
* Keep my kitchen tidy (since I live alone I tend to let it slide, but that results in less cooking at home).

Lyn

bpeblink.gif picture by beautifulmandaPhotobucket

Lyn

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-08-2010 - 9:46pm

Except for buying fabric for new baby quilt, I can't remember much of what happened last week. That's because I'm on cold meds - LOL.

Temps are getting warm, but no temptation to get outside - rain forecasted for most of the week.

THIS WEEK -

1 Balance checkbook before new statement arrives.

2 Cut strips for baby quilt.

3 Make sample strips to decide what free motion quilting I will do on each strip. This will be a good way to practice different techniques.

4 Decide whether to continue with classroom tutoring or switch to individual tutoring. Some of our students seem indifferent to learning and are there because a govt. program requires it. In the past, I've found the people who request a one-on-one tutor are serious students and it is rewarding.

5 Await the arrival of the new Wii FitPlus system and hopefully figure out how some of the exercises work. I've heard good things about the yoga instruction helping to stretch aging muscles.

6 Put binding on postcard quilted wall hanging and get up on wall. I now know how poor my techniques were, but it should hang to remind me how I've improved with time (hopefully).

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-09-2010 - 12:10am

Round here, they excuse students from jury duty. Don't know if it's because they don't "trust" students (suspect them of being somewhat anti-establishemnt, KWIM? That was a major reason in Florida when i was a grad student and called for federal jury Duty during the Viet Nam War) or if it's because they don't want to interfere with classwork. of course, we are a college town so half the population between September and May are nonresidents and unlikely to be called anyway...

I have only been called four times: excused for being a student that first time; excused when the judge made the mistake of reading off the defendants' rap sheet instead of indictment which was a no-no in Houston; case settled at the last minute a year ago; and a notice but no call just before Chirstmas here this last year.

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-09-2010 - 12:12am

DH got that cold last week --- he ended up going to the ER because his GP aid he couldn't fit him in for two weeks!

Now *I* have his dry cough! AAACK!

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-09-2010 - 6:20am

Unfortunately we get treated like any other member of the public here - probably because we are a small country. However, next time I will be fighting a bit harder to get out of jury duty, I'm sick of having to turn up and half the time do nothing. We actually have to go to the court to find out if we are on a jury.

I think that reading the defendant's (or as we are supposed to call them here the accused) rap sheet is a no no wherever you go - previous convictions were brought up during the case I was on and we were instructed by the judge to disregard them when making our decision.

Lyn

bpeblink.gif picture by beautifulmandaPhotobucket

Lyn