March 15 - 21 Goals of the week...

iVillage Member
March 15 - 21 Goals of the week...
Mon, 03-15-2010 - 2:09pm

So how did you do last week? Get much done? Or were you like me --- totally knocked about by life.

How about this week? Got any St. Patrick's Day plans? Any other to-dos?

Inquiring minds (nosy parkers) want to know!

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-15-2010 - 2:12pm

Last week, my to-do list was simple, and didn't take into account the fact that later that afternoon, I would come down with the cold that DH had been so carefully cultivating for the weeks before… Needless to say, I haven't been very productive this past week, mostly because doing just one task tended to send me straight back to bed with a roaring headache and wracking coughs. It hasn't gotten all that better…

I said I was going to…

1) Go to a dentist appointment Monday at 1:50PM === DONE

2) Continue to nag DH to work on the switch in the basement === NOT done

3) Tuesday Night - stamping demonstration === NOT done

4) Stitchery: work on my embroidery piece; the guild challenge; and the March Bead Journal piece === only one day of stitching the entire week

5) Housecleaner comes on Wednesday === DONE

6) Bills, computer records for finances, and continue working on the tax prep documents …) === DONE, and tax questionnaire completed, copied and mailed off to accountant on Friday, even though my head was too pained to be rational (and even though it sent me back to bed with a relapse of this cold/cough! DRAT! I wasn't feeling to bad on Thursday but Friday was too early to be up and around).

So this week, I hope to beat this cold! Other tasks awaiting this week include:

1) Tuesday Night - stamping demonstration - will probably cancel out on since I still don't feel well

2) Stitchery: work on my embroidery piece; the guild challenge; and the March Bead Journal piece - wishful thinking, probably

3) Housecleaner comes on Wednesday

4) Bills, computer records for finances, and continue working on the tax prep documents …) === these are things that wait for no cold to go away

Edited 3/15/2010 10:33 pm ET by cl-thatyank

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-15-2010 - 3:38pm

LAST WEEK

Biggest accomplishment (despite having cold) was to push DH to finish his part of our taxes and get them sent online. Two forms yet to be dropped off locally for our senior property tax rates, then I'm done for the year.

1 Balance checkbook before new statement arrives. - DONE and DID the new one as soon as it arrived.

2 Cut strips for baby quilt - NOPE

3 Make sample strips to decide what free motion quilting I will do on each strip. This will be a good way to practice different techniques.- NOPE

4 Decide whether to continue with classroom tutoring or switch to individual tutoring. Some of our students seem indifferent to learning and are there because a govt. program requires it. In the past, I've found the people who request a one-on-one tutor are serious students and it is rewarding.- NOPE -didn't to tutoring either day.

5 Await the arrival of the new Wii FitPlus system and hopefully figure out how some of the exercises work. I've heard good things about the yoga instruction helping to stretch aging muscles. - it's here, but I'm still to sick to try it out.

6 Put binding on postcard quilted wall hanging and get up on wall. I now know how poor my techniques were, but it should hang to remind me how I've improved with time (hopefully). - DONE. I have it hanging from a trouser hanger in front of window, looks like stained glass but the edges sure seem wobbly.

THIS WEEK

1 Cut strips for baby quilt.

2 Make sample strips to decide what free motion quilting I will do on each strip. This will be a good way to practice different techniques.

3 Hoping to figure out the Wii system, but I'll need a lot more energy for that project.

4 Just want to sit in the sun on the deck when temps get near 60 at end of the week.

Not a lot on my plate, also have DH sick with this cold now.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-15-2010 - 8:30pm

So the goals last week were
* Work out my self-directed study schedule for the week - this will need to be done today. - sorted out the schedule but life messed it up.
* Arrange to speak to my lecturers about what was missed last week since I was on a jury while the lectures occurred. - spoke to lecturers, didn't really miss much.
* Make sure I have time to do the things I want to do including stitching and non-academic reading. - no stitching done, but did get to do some academic reading.
* Keep my kitchen tidy (since I live alone I tend to let it slide, but that results in less cooking at home). - not done.

This week my goals are
* Catch up on readings for courses. Currently in week 3, I've almost finished the week 2 reading for my EU paper, but haven't gotten near doing week 2 reading for Cabinet Government, and of course I need to do the week 3 reading.
* Start researching for Cabinet Government essay - the blasted thing is due April 1.
* Figure out what on earth I'm writing my essay for my EU course on, so that I can submit my essay proposal by April 1.
* Spend some time on my latest cross-stitch project, even if only to preserve my sanity.
* Spend some time updating financial records and budget.

Lyn

bpeblink.gif picture by beautifulmandaPhotobucket

Lyn

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-15-2010 - 10:35pm
Oh Jacquie, I wonder if your two families have the same virus! Do take care... I'm finding it is VERY hard to kick (DH is in his third week with it; I'm starting my second...)

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-15-2010 - 10:37pm
What is the topic for your Cabinet paper? And have you any ideas for the EU paper? Coming u with the proposals was always the hardest thing for me to do...

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-16-2010 - 12:55pm

I fear a lot of us have the same strain of virus. I did the weekly shopping this morning, because DH is at the wracking cough stage. I just sound terrible, but this is day 10, so I'm hopeful I'm nearing the end. DH & I did the bed switch last eve. He went to bed, I was propped up in the rocker because my head stuffs up so bad when I lay down. About midnight I heard him coughing, then we passed in the hall as he went to the sofa and I headed towards the bed. I actually got the most sleep I've had in days - 6 hours. AND did not wake up with a pounding headache. Wish the temps were just a wee bit warmer so I could sit on the deck and bake. Only good thing is that I've lost my sense of smell and food doesn't interest me much.

hang in there.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-16-2010 - 9:07pm

The question for the Cabinet Government essay is
With particular reference to the institutions, processes and conventions of Cabinet government in New Zealand, assess the extent to which, in terms of its adherence to Westminster principles and practices, New Zealand’s status has moved from being ‘more Westminster than Westminster’ to that of an ‘outlier’. Your essay should include some consideration of the processes and outcomes of government formation in New Zealand in 2008 and the conduct of Cabinet government in the period since the 2008 election.

I have no idea as yet what the EU essay will be on.

Both should be fairly straight forward to deal with, they just require me to take the time to stop and and look at them properly. As a result I'm trying to stay off the internet as much as possible. I do still need to use it sometimes so only having limited success there.

Lyn

Lyn

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-16-2010 - 11:22pm
OMG. The question itself is an essay! I'm assuming "Westminster" refers to the UK...

CL for