Goals for week of 3/22/10
Mon, 03-22-2010 - 6:28pm

Anything happen last week?

Anything planned for this week?

Keep us posted...

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-22-2010 - 6:30pm

Last week, I hoped to beat this cold! === NO SUCCESS on that front. I still have the cough, even though I've weaned myself off Nyquil and Dayquil…

Other tasks for last week included:

1) Tuesday Night - stamping demonstration - will probably cancel out on since I still don't feel well === DID cancel

2) Stitchery: work on my embroidery piece; the guild challenge; and the March Bead Journal piece - wishful thinking, probably === One night of backstitching on the Garden Sampler but otherwise nothing

3) Housecleaner comes on Wednesday === DONE

4) Bills, computer records for finances, and continue working on the tax prep documents …) === these are things that wait for no cold to go away === tax prep documents mailed off, bills paid but computer records will have to wait until I feel better

So this week…

Keep working on this cold and put in three mornings on the phone banks at the local public radio station pledge week (Monday === DONE, Tuesday and Friday)

1) Tuesday Night - stamping demonstration - may cancel out on since I still don't feel well

2) Stitchery: work on my embroidery piece; the guild challenge; and the March Bead Journal piece - again, wishful thinking, probably

3) Housecleaner comes on Wednesday

4) Bills, and computer records for finances - bills won't wait but the records may.

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-22-2010 - 6:38pm

LAST WEEK -
1 Cut strips for baby quilt. - DONE

2 Make sample strips to decide what free motion quilting I will do on each strip. This will be a good way to practice different techniques. - NO

3 Hoping to figure out the Wii system, but I'll need a lot more energy for that project. - NO

I did assemble 2 strips of the baby quilt, used fusible batting for first time. As this is a method of layering, sewing & turning to hide the seam, having the strip bonded to the batting really helped keep it in place. BTW - the mini iron and ironing pad has worked out beautifully for the small pieces that needed pressing.

THIS WEEK

1 Local quilt guild is sponsoring a new group for learning free-motion work. The first meeting will be Weds to discuss projects, meetings, name, etc. This will be a small group and a good friend of mine happens to be off work that night, so she will go with me.

2 DH & will make decision on which company to use for new driveway.

3 Turn 3 pairs of DGrDs worn jeans into shorts, plus repair a few seams in favorite outfits. I like that they are thinking about repairing & reusing clothes instead of demanding new ones.

4 Begin yard cleanup when weather warms up & I feel better.

5 Massage on Thursday. Going to try trigger point massage to help aches in my shoulders.

No tutoring this week as it's Spring Break. Just as well, as my sinus infection is acting up again. Cats think all my laying around is just fine. Every time I head for the living room, the tiger comes trotting in looking for a lap.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-23-2010 - 5:44am

Last week's my goals are
* Catch up on readings for courses. Currently in week 3, I've almost finished the week 2 reading for my EU paper, but haven't gotten near doing week 2 reading for Cabinet Government, and of course I need to do the week 3 reading. - Haven't done the reading for the EU Paper for last week, but its the same as this week's one so as long as I do it and the reading for the other course, I'm caught up as far as I'm concerned.
* Start researching for Cabinet Government essay - the blasted thing is due April 1. - Have started doing some of the research but not much - will be head down trying to ignore the world for most of this week and I'm sure the first half of next week.
* Figure out what on earth I'm writing my essay for my EU course on, so that I can submit my essay proposal by April 1. - Still have absolutely no clue here - thinking possibly something to do with the Lisbon Treaty
* Spend some time on my latest cross-stitch project, even if only to preserve my sanity. - Not done since I purchased a laptop last week and spent Sunday, my day off coming to grips with how to use that. Last PC used the XP operating systems to I'm still getting used to Windows 7.
* Spend some time updating financial records and budget. - DONE

So this week's goals are
* Keep up with course readings while doing research for assessments.
* Research and start writing Cabinet Government essay - the blasted thing is due April 1.
* Figure out what on earth I'm writing my essay for my EU course on, so that I can do preliminary research and submit my essay proposal by April 1.
* Spend some time on my latest cross-stitch project, even if only to preserve my sanity.

Lyn

Lyn

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-23-2010 - 11:29am

Hi all,

The past two weeks have been busy having family visiting and spring cleaning... Did not go crazy with the cleaning since we are moving but since the place is up for location visits will start tonight.

Back to the sewing room.

Will work on new quilting project.

Will start counted cross-stitch: Cat on Piano

Have a nice week :O)

Nathalie
Nathalie
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-24-2010 - 10:51am

How nice that your guild is sponsoring a group for learning free motion. I wish ours did things like that but their groups are more theme oriented and it sort of puts me off when it comes it walking in as a total novice wanting to learn something...

I think I'm coming to the ned of my cold but I'm with you on the lying around with cats things... My Dominic is very happy that he has my legs to curl up on!

CL for

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-24-2010 - 10:53am

Those essays are so ambitious... I do not envy you the effort! So I expect you won't be visible most of this week... totally understandable.

DH has Windows 7 on his laptop. Not sure what he thinks of it...

CL for

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-24-2010 - 10:55am
Oh my, do you have to vacate the place when visits start? We did and I spent WAY too much time at the local fast food emporium, eating fries and waiting for them to LEAVE! LOL

CL for

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-24-2010 - 11:15pm

I must have been really on the meds when I made my weekly note. The group formation was described as for quilt-as-you-go newbies, not free-motion. When I attended the meeting tonight, I found 4 of the newer local guild's members who were just interested in forming a small group to get together to quilt, discuss quilt subjects, etc. I was the only one wanting instruction in on the go techniques. Was a little disappointed and thinking maybe I should just wait for a local shop to hold a class. BUT - in the course of the evening, I learned about local people who have the big quilt machines and can do the quilting for you at pretty reasonable prices. Only catch is they do random stipple quilting and charge extra for stitch-in-the-ditch. One shop rents their machines for you to do your own quilting. This gives me another option than quilting small pieces then joining together. Either way, it is a nice group and we plan to meet 1xMo at the local Hancock's store.

Jacquie