WIP Wednesday, March 31, 2010

iVillage Member
WIP Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Wed, 03-31-2010 - 11:18am
WIP Wednesday really rolls around awfully fast!

I don't have a lot to show today since I finished The green sampler. I did finally make a start on my march Bead Journal Project. This month I went "Welsh with a touch of cancer prevention! I stitched a daffodil for St. David's Day (March 1) and our local Daffodil Day for cancer survivors (March 13) and plan to use that ribbon somehow to make a cross on the background (a yellow cross on a black ground is St. David's flag…).

No progress on my guild's mystery quilt - haven't even cut out the fabric for the March installment! I don't trust my cold-impaired mind with a rotary cutter!

Now I need to decide: pull the floss for on of the Ink Circles pieces I have charts and fabric for, or revert to a UFO or go back to the floral alphabet I started last year and then discovered my fabric was too small (I have new fabric *and* the floss already pulled for that). Or maybe I should just start sewing together mystery quilt rows…

So, how about you? Any WIPS to share?

CL for

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-01-2010 - 12:06am

Well, since I didn't have any time tonight to work on my afgan, the pictures I posted yesterday are still showing my current progress. Here they are again :)

The first two rows are a combination of a green and a multi-colored yarn, then I used a combo of green and cream, and I'm currently working on a combo of cream and tan. Once I'm done with those two skeins I'll switch to a combo of brown and a brown/tan multi-color yarn and then I plan to reverse the order of each combo so the blanket is the same whichever direction you look at it. It will be a palindrome :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucketteachers.gif image by karileighthsew.gif image by karileigh

Photobucket