WIP Wednesday, April 7, 2010

iVillage Member
WIP Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Wed, 04-07-2010 - 11:34am
I did get in some stitching but this one is going to be SLOW. I'm averaging 3 days per letter! AAACK! It's Called Floral Alphabet, is a design by Permin of Copenhagen that was reprinted in two issues of "Just Cross Stitch" (March/April and May/June of 2009). I'm using DMC loss on 32 ct ivory lugana, 2 over 2...

You may think, I've seen that before and you have, sort of. I started it it early last year, only to discover that the fabric I had pulled wouldn't be large enough. So I framed the letter "M" and sent it off to my bother as a Christmas gift! LOL

I also finally got around to cutting the fabric for the march installment of the guild "row of teh month" mystery quilt. Not a lot as there are only 2.5" and 1.5" strips on this block, still working for two quilts in two colorways but still no sewing! And the fourth installment will be out tomorrow night! LOL

Anyone else have any WIPS to share?

CL for

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-07-2010 - 9:24pm

I admire your involvement in the guild quilts. Since retiring, I am adverse to anything which puts me on a timetable.

My WIP is trying to finish the new pillows for living room. I ran out of cord for the edging, need to pick some up while I'm out getting my hair trimmed on Thurs. Once that is off my table, I'm ready to play with the new embroidery machine. Our DGrDs sleepover was moved ahead a week because she rcvd a party invitation. Okay with me, because that will give me days on end to sew & play. DH will be gone all day Sat. to annual model RR show, so I'll crank up my fav music and rock along.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-07-2010 - 11:06pm

Another model railroader? Our neighbor is really into that!

I wish I were involved ENOUGH with that quilt --- I really need to sew on it! LOL There isn't really a deadline --- they want to finish them up by November, I think... (I truly didn't ay much attention to an end date! LOL).

CL for

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-09-2010 - 8:34pm
I've been working on a crocheted shopping tote although I'll probably use it for other things. I've designed a filet crochet doily that I need to get crocheted for a bridal shower gift for a friend.

Photobucket