Weekly Goals, April 12, 2010

iVillage Member
Weekly Goals, April 12, 2010
Mon, 04-12-2010 - 12:10pm
New week, new goals. Anyone have anything to report on?

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-12-2010 - 12:12pm

Last week, I wasn't even sure I could accomplish anything at all… LOL I'd already called in the grocery list to DH and asked him to pick up the prescriptions as well so...

1) Tuesday Night - stamping demonstration (the technique promised sounds interesting) === DONE, and the demonstration WAS interesting

2) Stitchery:
Stitch on Floral Alphabet (already have one letter finished) === four more letters done

pick up the next guild challenge pattern (meeting is Thursday night) === went to the meeting but the pattern wasn't ready. However, I did start on what I had already cut, began stitching together a nine-patch and found out that a) I had cut out WAY more fabric than I thought I'd need, so I can actually make FOUR twin-sized quilts instead of two! and b) I am going to have some really wonky patches, which may well cut my quilts down to crib size! LOL!

finish the March Bead Journal piece === DONE

and start planning the April Bead Journal piece (I'm thinking April Showers...) === fabric picked out and a design is percolating

I also assembled February's and March's pages and they only need the final hand stitching

3) Housecleaner comes on Wednesday === DONE

4) Bills, and computer records for finances === Bills paid, computer records not done but tax forms arrived Saturday and we owe (except in CA, which owes us but I'm not holding my breath for the refund… they delayed a LONG time last year and I doubt they;ll be any faster this year!)

and given the nice weather, probably should start walking again... === NOT done

SO this week…

1. Mail in the tax forms with our checks. AAARGH!

2. Stamping Demonstration Tuesday night

3. Stitchery - Stitch on Floral Alphabet, work on challenge quilt (I have given myself the challenge of one baby step a day which means I might actually be caught up by the weekend!), and start my April Bead Journal Project!

4. Housecleaner coms on Wednesday

5. Bills and computer records (I'm thinking of buying the new version of Quicken as my old v circa 2003 is acting up…)

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-12-2010 - 6:20pm

LAST WEEK -

1 New embroidery machine arrived on Monday, so there will be lots of time spent on learning curve. NOPE,just got to show it off to a friend. Too much outside work to be done.

2 Pizza supper with DS & Family on Tues. Need to sample the food to decide menu for party. - GREAT FOOD & COMPANY.

3 DGrD (7) comes for overnight on Friday. POSTPONED, as she had a birthday party midday on Sat.

4 Buddy of DH arrives noon on Sunday for a 2 day visit. He's good company, but had to head home after 24 hours in Feb - a blizzard was forecast in MI. HE's HERE, taking up my sewing room space.

5 Acknowledge 52nd anniversary for DH & I. As I'm working hard to control calories, our only celebration will be a quart of frozen custard from locally owned shop. We like it better than store bought ice cream, which can have too much air beaten into it. - DID IT.

Oh, yes. I finally stopped ordering my fav brand of sandals from eBay:) They are so expensive new, but when the model is phased out, they are affordable. DH was beginning to wonder if I was opening a she store. He just doesn't get the "stock up" mentality.

THIS WEEK -

1 Give up on getting any sewing done, as there are too many outdoor activities and this is the weather I've been waiting for.

2 Target shooting with DH on Tues afternoon - 1st time this year.

3 Back massage on Thurs.

4 Overnight visit from DGrD (7) on Friday. Who knows what we'll do - just play it by ear.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-12-2010 - 11:47pm

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-13-2010 - 4:07am

Last weeks plans
* Sort out my study routine - getting there, just need fine tuning.
* Catch up on housework - kind of, still needs a bit more work.
* Watch the remainder of the DVDs that I borrowed - DONE
* Do some cross-stitch - none done.

This week's plans
* Keep up with study
* Catch up on housework
* Do some cross-stitch, I have to make time to actually work on the project.

Lyn

Lyn