Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank
Last week, my goals were simple, and tax related...
1. Mail in the tax forms with our checks. AAARGH! === DONE on Tuesday (had to wait for the financial advisor to transfer the $$$ to checking
2. Stamping Demonstration Tuesday night === DONE
*Stitch on Floral Alphabet === DONE, got another row done
*work on challenge quilt === DONE, the 9=patch blocks are done and the snowball blocks are cut
*start my April Bead Journal Project === NOT done
4. Housecleaner coms on Wednesday === DONE
5. Bills and computer records (I'm thinking of buying the new version of Quicken as my old v circa 2003 is acting up…) === bills PAID bad the new Quicken arrived Saturday
So this week:
SO this week…1. Stamping Demonstration Tuesday night
2. Stitchery - Stitch on Floral Alphabet, work on challenge quilt, and start my April Bead Journal Project!
3. Housecleaner coms on Wednesday
4. Bills and computer records - I need to install the new Quicken and transfer what little I have put on the old version for this year (this new version isn't supposed to accept a direct import from the old version so I may have to re-enter! YUCK!)…
Last week -
1 Give up on getting any sewing done, as there are too many outdoor activities and this is the weather I've been waiting for. I ACTUALLY DID PLAY WITH MY NEW EMBROIDERY MACHINE & ORDER A CD WITH QUILTING PATTERNS FOR IT.
2 Target shooting with DH on Tues afternoon - 1st time this year. - NOPE. Too much yard work.
3 Back massage on Thurs. - DONE, and very much needed after Weds.
4 Overnight visit from DGrD (7) on Friday. Who knows what we'll do - just play it by ear. - DONE. Played board games, went kite flying with DH, watched movies, then back to the park for her to practice bike riding on trails while I walked. Slept very well on Sat. eve.
THIS WEEK -
1 The prep for the new concrete driveway has taken a new turn - we need to locate the sump pump drain. This means a lot of ground cover over that area needs to be removed.
2 Finish marking the pattern pieces for a tote bag on freezer paper, iron on & cut the fabric, start assembly.
As you can tell, yard work & back resting will take a lot of my week.
Our biggest concern would be in the back yard, where the sewer pipes run diagonally across the yard, right under DH's backyard model railroad.
So far, DH found the straight pipe that goes under a HUGE boulder. When he tried to dig it out on the other side of the boulder, his shovel broke the pipe. Just as well - now we'll re route it around the boulder, just in case we ever have to find it again.