WIP Wednesday, April 21, 2010

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-21-2010 - 11:30am

So what are you working one? Making any progress on works in progress?

I have made some:

Floral Alphanet:

Row of the month quilt challenge - there are 32 9-patch blocks in these piles, eight in each colorway/arrangement!:

but I had to cut more fabric for the snowballs (I didn't like the look of the dark solids against the dark prints so I did some light centers for those dark corners:

and cut some light corners for the dark ones…

I'm still a few blocks short there, through, if I want to actually do four quilt tops now! I probably will have to cut more courthouse block fabric as well (that's row three)… Clearly, I am learning as I go just how ouch fabric is required for any particular aspect of thisquilt.

I finally got my fist three Bead Journal pieces mounted on card and backed with fabric…:

Showed it to Mary and Janice last night and they prefer making them into a wall hanging as opposed to an according book, so I need to rethink this part of the "finishing"...

CL for

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-21-2010 - 8:31pm

You've got alot accomplished and I think it's all very pretty.

For me I'm finishing up a dishcloth and hotpad for a bridal shower gift. I might start a triangle shawl for a CAL that's being done elsewhere.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-21-2010 - 11:01pm
I've been sick the last several days and have spent a lot of time sitting in the recliner coughing my head off and crocheting. I even missed two days of work because I was so sick.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-22-2010 - 11:35pm

I had that cough... it lasted nearly a month! made it hard to stitch as I couldn't focus on close work. Maybe I should have picked up my UFO knitting project...

Looking forward to your photos!

CL for