Another WIP

iVillage Member
Another WIP
Fri, 04-23-2010 - 9:39am

The tote bag I've been working on will now go into the "to do" drawer for some Winter days. I had no idea that the $10 "pattern" was just a bunch of instructions with hand drawings of the size of pieces I needed to cut. Thank goodness for homemade freezer pattern pieces. Then there was the heavy duty interfacing PLUS needlepoint plastic for the bottom stiffening.

Well, I was shopping, found a canvas "shoppers" tote with bright stripes that just shouted SUMMER - for $20.

I'm usually good at forcing myself to finish projects, but the bag was using up too much of my fantastic Spring weather when I needed to be outside. Live & learn :)

Jacquie

iVillage Member
In reply to: jaybee458
Fri, 04-23-2010 - 10:52am

I totally sympathize. Working on a project that is so frustrating is totally counterproductive!

Glad you found a summer tote to stand in for the new WIP (sure it won't become a UFO?)

And now you know not to buy patterns from THAT source!

CL for

iVillage Member
In reply to: jaybee458
Fri, 04-23-2010 - 5:36pm

Just realized I should have said UFO instead of WIP. Shows how tired I am from yard work this week.

I will get it done for next Summer, because the main fabric is butterflies in turquoise & black on a tan background. I wear a lot of turquoise jewelry in the Summer and have a thing for butterflies. That said, it will probably be my last purse project :) I do have to rethink weather I will ever finish the UFOs I found in zipper bags. They are dresses that were too tight and I kept them for the day when I got slim. Beginning to think that ain't gonna happen.

Jacquie