Room rearrangement

iVillage Member
Room rearrangement
Sun, 04-25-2010 - 11:43am

Since my embroidery machine arrived, I've been mulling over which machine should go where. I have a table with liftup section that fits around my sewing machine, so that stayed the same. The small table at 45 degree angle to it held the serger, and the embroidery machine was temporarily on a big fiberglass table which really shook when it was running. Something had to change.

First item was to buy a wall mount extension cord so I can plug stuff in w/o crawling around on the floor under the table. It's terrific! Decided that the serger is used sporadically, so it could sit on floor under big white table, then be lifted up when needed. The embroidery machine is on the more stable corner table & no longer shakes when running. I did order a plastic extension for the embroidery machine to keep weight of quilts from dragging on the hoops. As that machine doesn't have a foot pedal, I gained storage space underneath for a basket with it's hoops, etc. After chasing the dust bunnies, all is in order. I spent last evening sewing on a ruffle to bet sheets. BTW - I remembered how easy it is to make a ruffle on the serger!

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-25-2010 - 1:00pm

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-26-2010 - 10:28am

Okay - needed to take these before I start another project. The floor cabinets store fabric/thread/trims. Patterns are in plastic tubs on top of one. Old kitchen corner cabinets house more stuff, a set of "laundry" cabinets is over the desk. The item under the white table is an old TV stand on wheels. I keep the pieces of current project in plastic drawer. Then, there is my helper who doesn't realize he could become a ruffle very easily :)

BTW - how do I clear out my disk space on iV? It's almost full.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-26-2010 - 1:30pm

LOVE your assistant!

Your room looks wonderful --- I like the use of cabinetry!

To clear your attachment space (this is copied from the first page of our "Member Website" which is linked at the top of the message board):

1) Click on "attach a file" at the bottom of the "Type your message" box.

2) When you get the pop up, scroll down until you see the red link near the bottom of the pop up that says "click here to find your old attachments."

3) Do so and you will get another page that lists all your attachments to this board *and* the date posted!

3) Click on an attachment and it will bring up that post...

4) Click on edit on that post and it will have a button at the bottom that says "manage your attachments."

5) Click on this and it will take you to a page where you can select that attachment and delete it!

Sorry, you have to do this one attachment at a time, one post at a time, but if you have more than one attachment in a post, the final "deleting" pop up will list them all, which makes it a little less tedious.

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-26-2010 - 3:29pm

Thx, got to it. Will work on deleting the pile. Can't seem to find the "Member Website". Is it any faster from there?

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-26-2010 - 8:23pm

Member Website is a link in the paragraph at the top of the message board, just above the cl names.

If it's any easier, here's the url:
http://stitchers_niche-ivil.tripod.com/

And no, no faster there --- it's just the same info I copied here...

CL for