Last months project

iVillage Member
Last months project
Mon, 05-03-2010 - 1:18pm
This is what has been keeping me busy for the past month or so. Writing a lesson plan for "Tessellations & Quilts" for a pre-planned 5 day sub for a friends 7th grade math classes. The kids did their blocks last Monday, & I've been sewing & finishing the quilts this past week.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-03-2010 - 4:53pm

How very cool!

What happens to the quilts now? Do they go into the classroom(s)?

CL for

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-05-2010 - 5:29pm
Those are great! Quite an accomplishment. I am wondering, like Carol, what happens to them now?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-09-2010 - 3:41pm

Thanks! They are now hanging in the classroom. We're thinking the teacher should do a "raffle"for the kids next school year since schools out here 3rd wk of May & starts again end of July. She will have more time to hang them for awhile & allow more of the other kids & families to see them during parents nites & school activities for the 1st few months of the new school year. That way she should also be able to get enough donations to get her own money back as well as put the rest into the students class account for their 8th grade end of year trip, promotion, or class gift to school (usually bought w/whatever funds are left in that class's account).

Right now three of the math teachers are rotating their classes for week long units to finish out the school year so we are waiting to get her kids back into her room to get their pictures w/their finished quilts to use for putting together a flyer.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-09-2010 - 3:43pm
Thanks also! See other reply...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket