Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank
Last week, we sat through two more severe storm warnings and at least two more tornado touchdowns, all to our east (thank goodness). Meanwhile, my list of goals was short and incomplete...
1. Stamping Demonstration Tuesday night === DONE
2. Stitchery - Continue to stitch on Floral Alphabet === DONE as well as work on the challenge quilt === no work accomplished but I did pick up row five at the meeting Thursdayand start my May Bead Journal Project === have a design done but that is about all
3. Housecleaner comes on Wednesday === DONE
4. Bills === DONEand computer records - there's that pesky Quicken program… but with my laptop down, the best I could do was back up all the records entered so far this year!
I forgot to note that Quilt Quild was Thursday night (DONE) *and* that i had to drive 1/3 of DH's hosta donation to the Black Swamp Hosta and Daylily plant sale Saturday AM (had to be there at 6:30 AM! AAACK!). He drove to Columbus Saturday night to help out a daylily seller weed his display garden so I slept the weekend away, basically!
So this week...
1. Stamping Demonstration Tuesday night
2. Stitchery - work on the challenge quilt and start my May Bead Journal Project! Also decide on a new Cross stitch project (am tempted to pull another UFO...)
3. Housecleaner comes on Wednesday
4. Bills (computer records will have to wait for the power cord to arrive because I do not think the desktop will accommodate the new program. It crashes regularly when I try to read my email! besides, it is in my office while the receipts are on the dining room table one floor down!).
Now that DSs graduation & party are past, my life may return to a semblance of normal.
LAST WEEK - no sewing
THIS WEEK -
1 Last embroidery on baby quilt, then put on binding.
2 Make bath puffs from netting for baby shower gift. Not happy with the demo one, doesn't look right. Anyone have a website?
3 Bake 2 cakes for DGrDs baby shower on Sunday. Making cake mix bundt cakes (ala the 60s). They travel well and are easy to cut up and send home. Shower colors are pink & green, so one cake will be strawberry, the other chocolate mint.
4 Doubt the concrete guys will be working on the drive this week - too much rain. That means no replanting for me. I'm afraid the poor things are going to drown before I can get back to them.
5 Enter 3 months of bank statements on PC. I forgot that they need to be in the program that gives reports at end of year for DH's business expenses.
6 Rehang bedroom drapes. Been okay on the gloomy mornings, but light still wakes DH up too early.
7 And mostly want to get rid of the nagging cough & stuffy head from all the pollen & dust we had here last week. I swear I'm going to sit & bake the germs out of me when it finally warms up on the weekend.
Found a tutorial for a bath puff made from old wash cloths:http://www.rufflesandstuff.com/2010/02/bath-pouf-that-um-looks-like-rose.html
and several crocheted ones:http://crafthowtos.blogspot.com/2009/08/crochet-bath-puffs.html
and even one made from yo-yos!http://whipup.net/2006/03/25/yo-yo-or-suffolk-puff/
But only one for netting puffs, and it was for recycling:http://salihan.com/2010/reusing-bath-puff/
But maybe it will help you work out what is wrong with the one you are trying...
Still raining here too, and warm-up now means back to normal temps according to local weatherpeople. The ground is absolutely SOGGY!
The link on netting puffs told me why mine looked crummy - the commercial versions are made with a tube. I may give this a try.
thanks for the help.