Weekly Goals, May 24, 2010

iVillage Member
Weekly Goals, May 24, 2010
Tue, 05-25-2010 - 3:44pm

Ooops - I forgot Weekly goals for this week. Sorry…

SO, how did you do last week? Accomplish all you set out to do? Or are there ongoing tasks to be dealt with this week? FIll us in…

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-25-2010 - 3:45pm

Last week I had planned the following:

1. Stamping Demonstration Tuesday night === DONE

2. Stitchery - work on the challenge quilt and start my May Bead Journal Project! Also decide on a new Cross stitch project (am tempted to pull another UFO...) === No work done on challenge quit but May Bead Journal Project piece is completed and I picked up Ink Circles' Sea Stars to work on.

3. Housecleaner comes on Wednesday === DONE

4. Bills (computer records will have to wait for the power cord to arrive because I do not think the desktop will accommodate the new program. It crashes regularly when I try to read my email! besides, it is in my office while the receipts are on the dining room table one floor down!). === Bills DONE. Power cord arrived and computer is up and running again … but nothing done about financial files…

So, for this week…

1. Stamping Demonstration Tuesday night === cancelled due to Mary being ill

2. Stitchery - I should work on the challenge quilt, and plan my June Bead Journal Project, but I won't because of all the other things happening this week. SO I'll stick with the Sea Stars piece.

3. Housecleaner comes on Wednesday

4. Bills and financial record

5. Saturday, drive 3+ hours south (well, DH will drive, I will navigate) for High School Class Reunion Saturday Night. Stay overnight and return home on Snday…

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-25-2010 - 4:52pm

LAST WEEK -
1 As you all know, I finished the quilt for DGrDs baby shower.
2 Also baked 2 cakes & helped decorate.
3 The rest of the week was odds & ends related to driveway work being done. I did get purchased flowers out of tiny pots before the brutal heat arrived. Tomato plant loves the heat - it has 3 tiny fruit already.

THIS WEEK -

1 Replacing a zipper for family friend. Won't do it for others, but she's a good kid on a budget.
2 Bought & pre-washed fabric for 2 summer skirts, now I need to start cutting & sewing.
3 Catch up on checkbook balancing that has been left go for too long.
4 Practice embroidering logo on patch for DH's model airline club. Not looking forward to it, because I don't think DH understands the limits of the software. He did a scan of the old logo and assumes it will come out the same.
5 Still hoping for the pollen to go down enough that I can stop hacking & blowing. Grass pollen has been at a record high for a week and city/state are cutting back on mowing to save $$. So grateful for A/C in the house, but I want to get out & enjoy summer before cold hits again.
6 No Memorial Day plans, the rest of the family will be gone. Funny how the long holiday weekends are irrelevant to me since retiring. On the other hand, the youngsters have them planned months in advance. Hmm, guess every day is a holiday for ME.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-25-2010 - 10:08pm

I know what you mean about holiday three-day weekends losing some of their importance, once one retires. No more hateful Mondays or TGIFs either!

But in a way, it makes keeping track of time difficult...

CL for