Weekly Goals, May 31, 2010

iVillage Member
Weekly Goals, May 31, 2010
Mon, 05-31-2010 - 10:25am

Memorial Day and then it's June! My gosh, where has the year GONE?

So how did last week's plans work out? Were all your goals accomplished or are there some hanging over to this week? Any new goals to pursue, now that summer is unofficially started (Sorry, Liz, winter for you...)...

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-31-2010 - 10:26am

Last week, my plans included:

1. Stamping Demonstration Tuesday night === cancelled due to Mary being ill

2. Stitchery - I should work on the challenge quilt and plan my June Bead Journal Project, but I won't because of all the other things happening this week. SO I'll stick with the Sea Stars piece === got the biggest motif finished!

3. Housecleaner comes on Wednesday === DONE

4. Bills and financial records === Bills DONE, records NOT

5. Saturday, drive 3+ hours south (well, DH will drive, I will navigate) for High School Class Reunion Saturday Night. Stay overnight and return home on Sunday…=== DONE. Wasn't as bad as I had feared but I truly didn't recognize but one of my classmates (and she is the one I still correspond with)… What surprised me was how many people that I didn't really "fit in with" (they were the popular crowd, I was the school geek) said they were so glad to see me! What's up with that?

So this week…

1. Fast for blood work-up on Tuesday,, so the result make it to my GP for my appointment next week

2. Stamping Demonstration Tuesday night

3. Stitchery - work on the challenge quilt (I have a row of blocks to cut and three rows already cut that need to be pieced), plan my June Bead Journal Project (I'm thinking HOT colors… I mean, what does June mean, anyway? A 46th anniversary is poetry, for gosh sakes! How does one bead that?), and continue with the Sea Stars piece.

3. Housecleaner comes on Wednesday

4. Bills and financial record

Edited 5/31/2010 10:28 am ET by cl-thatyank

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-31-2010 - 11:19pm

LAST WEEK -
1 Replacing a zipper for family friend. Won't do it for others, but she's a good kid on a budget. DONE, reported here on all my problems.

2 Bought & pre-washed fabric for 2 summer skirts, now I need to start cutting & sewing. - DONE

3 Catch up on checkbook balancing that has been left go for too long. MOSTLY DONE - 1 month left

4 Practice embroidering logo on patch for DH's model airline club. Not looking forward to it, because I don't think DH understands the limits of the software. He did a scan of the old logo and assumes it will come out the same. DONE - it was a dud.

5 Still hoping for the pollen to go down enough that I can stop hacking & blowing. Grass pollen has been at a record high for a week and city/state are cutting back on mowing to save $$. So grateful for A/C in the house, but I want to get out & enjoy summer before cold hits again. BETTER - pollen level went down enough to make it possible for me to finish planting annuals.

6 No Memorial Day plans, the rest of the family will be gone. Funny how the long holiday weekends are irrelevant to me since retiring. On the other hand, the youngsters have them planned months in advance. Hmm, guess every day is a holiday for ME.

THIS WEEK -

1 Finish 2 summer skirts.

2 Sit with 3 GrGrDs on Tues. while their parents attend to some legal stuff.

3 Get a stack of books for reading on the deck.

4 Order new swimsuit from fav online store.

That's about it. After 6 weeks of non-stop construction related projects, my dance card is pretty empty. Not complaining though.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-01-2010 - 5:38pm

Last weeks goal to attend Harvard Law School commencement in Cambridge, MA - link to pix below.

http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj37/auntjogramajo/Harvard%20Graduation/

This weeks goal - to catch up from being gone a week! :)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-02-2010 - 6:11am

CL for

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-02-2010 - 6:14am
What a handsome young man --- but he looks so YOUNG! Guess I AM getting old as everyone looks young to me these days! LOL

CL for