Weekly Goals, June 7, 2010

iVillage Member
Weekly Goals, June 7, 2010
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 9:50am

Did you post a to-do list last week? How did you do?

How about this week? Anything left to accomplish?

Inquiring minds want to know...

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 9:50am

Last week, my list included:

1. Fast for blood work-up on Tuesday,, so the result make it to my GP for my appointment next week === DONE. Since my pharmacist was right next door, I ordered and picked up my prescription refills as well.

2. Stamping Demonstration Tuesday night === DONE

3. Stitchery - work on the challenge quilt (I have a row of blocks to cut and three rows already cut that need to be pieced) === NOT
plan my June Bead Journal Project (I'm thinking HOT colors… I mean, what does June mean, anyway? A 46th anniversary is poetry, for gosh sakes! How does one bead that?) === NOT
and continue with the Sea Stars piece=== DONE

3. Housecleaner comes on Wednesday === DONE

4. Bills and financial record === well the bills were paid anyway.

This week, Thursday will be my busy day: Doctor's appointment in the morning, haircut in the early afternoon, and a quilt guild meeting at 7 PM.

Otherwise, it will be an "as usual" week:

1. Stamping Demonstration Tuesday night

2. Stitchery - work on the challenge quilt, my June Bead Journal Project, and continue with the Sea Stars piece.

3. Housecleaner comes on Wednesday

4. Bills and financial record

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 11:55am

LAST WEEK -

1 Finish 2 summer skirts. NO - ran into zipper issues.

2 Sit with 3 GrGrDs on Tues. while their parents attend to some legal stuff. DONE - great fun. Packed 6 mo old in stroller, took the other girls (5 & 7) for walk to local pizza parlor for lunch.

3 Get a stack of books for reading on the deck. DONE - Spartan Gold, by Clive Cussler and I, by Alex Cross. Also picked the previous copy of Threads magazine. Been sitting outside reveling in the peace around here.

4 Order new swimsuit from fav online store. - DONE, but think I will keep it. To get it big enough to cover my belly, the bust area is too small. There is a halter model that looks inviting. The online co. is very good about exchanges.

THIS WEEK -

1 Order Viking foot, then finish skirts.

2 Make design for "big sister" shirts for 2 GrGrDs.

3 Start construction of linen Capri pants & skirts. They are wild prints that just should SUMMER.

4 Finish the partial balancing of last month's bank statement - before the next one arrives.

Best of all, DGrD is stopping by shortly so we can meet their new baby girl. I've been under the weather with some RX issues and haven't felt like going to visit. Doing much better now.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 7:44pm
So sorry to hear you've been under the weather. Hope you are felling load better now...

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-08-2010 - 7:38am

Having that tiny baby to hold yesterday made me forget my RX issues. Of course, when they left, I took a nap. I'm fortunate that 15 minutes of napping can recharge my batteries. Sure wasn't the kind of nap our cats take - they love to stretch out on the bed with DH after lunch, then stay there till bedtime. DH is a long napper, but that's probably because he's up before daybreak.

I woke up way too early for me, so think I'll squeeze in a nap while DH goes grocer shopping later this AM. I think the med is messing with my stomach now. Aches could be from storms on the way, so I predict a lot of sewing going on here today.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-08-2010 - 11:10am

AAACK! Storms! I so know what you mean. We've got a series of them passing through this week, if the weathermen know whereof they speak. And my headaches seem to pulse with the variation i pressure... Right now, I'm fighting one behind my right eye. yesterday, it was the left temple...

Stay safe... we had a tornado here Sunday which let five dead in it's wake - I think it came from your direction but I won't blame you as Illinois got hammered too! A whisper of change in wind direction and it would have hit us!

This article says seven dead but the sheriff now says the searchers and the hospital double-counted in a couple of cases and of course, the local news is still reporting the higher number and has all sorts of versions about who the dead were and where they were and...:
http://www.wkyc.com/life/community/persona.aspx?U=cc3049208cf9443994ee2379b8e09bbf&plckUserId=cc3049208cf9443994ee2379b8e09bbf&plckPersonaPage=PersonaGallery&plckGalleryID=0d56e088-0a4d-4fd1-a707-d41f7cde17bb

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-08-2010 - 5:41pm

Today's predicted storms skirted to the NE of us - we just got a light rain for 30 minutes, but have nice cool weather now. Perfect for sewing - the new invisible zipper foot arrived in the mail and zipper is now in place. Amazing how the right tool makes a project so much easier.

Speaking of projects, one of the skirts gave me a laugh. The outer skirt of thin linen has unpressed pleats at the top. The plan was to make an unpleated underskirt. This has all been w/o a pattern. I cut out the underskirt, then needed to match it up to the overskirt for final fit. Well, pinned them together at the hemline and went into shock when the underskirt was almost a yard too small. Had to take a coffee break, came back and realized I should have pinned them at the waistline - where that yard had been taken up in the pleats! LOL. I must say I'm enjoying making clothes again, now that I am retired. I gave it up when I was working 40 hrs/week, because I would cut corners, not press, not baste, and pieces would turn out badly.

Jacquie