Weekly Goals, June 21- 27, 2010

iVillage Member
Weekly Goals, June 21- 27, 2010
Mon, 06-21-2010 - 10:22am
Did you have any luck in finishing up your to do lists last week? Do have have a list of goals for this week? Please share...

CL for

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-21-2010 - 10:23am

Last week, my list was:

1. Stamping Demonstration Tuesday night - the demo is about Copic markers === interesting use for applying these alcohol inks directly to the stamps

2. Stitchery
- work on the challenge quilt === NO
- my June Bead Journal Project === I picked out fabric
- and continue with the Sea Stars piece === DONE

3. Housecleaner comes on Wednesday === DONE

4. Bills and financial record === Bils paid, computer records are languishing

5. Volunteer at telephone bank for public radio from 6 - 9AM Friday. === DONE. They needed nearly $15000 before the end of the month to balance their budget. While we were on the phones, they made nearly $6000 in pledges and had made there goal by the end of the day.

Edited to add that Tuesday (tomorrow) is the first day we will be picking up vegetables from the CSA we joined this year. The pick is to be Baby Swiss Chard, French Breakfast Radishes and/or A Few Easter Egg Radishes, Baby Greens Mix, Red Buttercrunch Lettuce, Assorted Herbs and maybe a surprise... It's been delayed twice due to weather! === DONE and we've had salad every night since! There were a LOT of baby greens. Which means a lot of rinsing and washing too! LOL Will be interested to see what we get this Tuesday!

So this week…
1. Pick up CSA delivery between 3 and 7 on Tuesday

2. No Stamping Demonstration Tuesday night so meet Mary and Janice for dinner instead

3. Stitchery - work on the challenge quilt, my June Bead Journal Project, and continue with the Sea Stars piece.

4. Housecleaner comes on Wednesday

5. Bills and financial record

6. Attend dedication of the new peace garden at the community garden park (DH designed the garden, which is a collection of various evergreens around a waterfall and pool complex...)

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-21-2010 - 7:00pm

LAST WEEK -

1 Make 2 pairs of summer pants. DONE

2 Dental check up on Tuesday. DONE

3 Much needed haircut on Wednesday. DONE

4 Re-arranging closet in my hobby room. Giving away all the old silk flowers that I would change with seasons. They were a pain to dust then and would be a pain to dust now. DONE

5 Start using the Wii boxing program regularly. NOPE - too many health issues going on.

THIS WEEK -

1 Resume WIP purse I started early in Spring.

2 Design embroidery to add to newly purchased pants suit.

3 Balance checkbook.

4 DGrD (9) will have an overnight on Thursday and stay all Friday. If weather doesn't cool down a bit, we may wind up going to a movie.

5 Do the Wii boxing Tues/Thurs/Sat AM.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-21-2010 - 8:23pm

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-21-2010 - 8:24pm

Last

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-22-2010 - 8:28am

Well, DGrD is 9, so she will have input on that one. I've been wanting to go to the drive-in 30 mi. from here, but it's way too hot in the evenings.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-22-2010 - 12:01pm

What classes are your girls taking?

Your trip with your mother sound very nostalgic. Just be prepared for how much things will look different. When I went to my 50th Class reunion, I was astonished how little in my old home town looked familiar, it had changed SOOOOO much!

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-22-2010 - 12:43pm

I feel like I've done nothing all week, but I have spent a lot of time on the computer researching machine quilting sites, mid-arm home quilt sewing machines & frames. I am liking what I see & read about the Juki (as well as the package prices including Gracie frames comparatively), but seems lots of people really like the Janomes & Pfaffs (tho they are all a bit more $$wise for just the machine). I guess it's time to find somewhere to actually try each of them out & compare hands-on as well as out-the-door $$ for what you can get in-store as well as over the internet. We don't have much anywhere closer to us than Las Vegas which is a couple hr drive. Tho I am heading over to do another G'ma week in Oak Hills (Southern CA) tomorrow & might try to figure out a way to get into a specialty shop or two & a Joannes over there to at least see what they carry in store - besides I'm finally ready to start a couple more pending quilt patterns & have discovered that I don't have quite what I need in my stash to do what I want with them.

I've spent a lot of time on the Daystyles.com website & am gearing myself up to start practicing with her patterns from her 365 days of machine quilting patterns project. She has designated 63 so far as beginner patterns & I've decided that I just need to start working on some 8" square quilt sandwiches & try to do one or two a day to learn & practice, to do it comfortably, & work my way up to the more complex patterns...

I did pull out another unfinished quilt top from a days gone by guild mystery quilt project, got it sandwiched & basted. Used one of the tips I read about elsewhere on the web & got myself a piece of plexiglass & have started drawing out a couple of possible machine quilting pattern ideas over the top of it to see how I might want to machine quilt it - haven't quite got it yet. It's been so hot I've kind of come to a standstill on the lap handquilting on both my 3rd Xmas quilt & the Trip Around the World Border quilting for the moment. And I've joined a block of the month group on the internet & am ready to start another top. I guess I need something to practice on if I'm going to get serious about learning to machine quilt & know that I can turn out more than one quilt a year...

Other things that did actually get done:
- Bills are paid & waiting for DH's paycheck, hopefully will get here today so I can send them off before I leave tomorrow.
- DH Got our gift selected & shipped to nephew who also just graduated from law school in Sacramento, CA same month as S23,
- & finished rebuilding & shipped a laptop for S20 in Colorado now that he's found himself a place to live & is beginning to settle in for at least the next 6 months (he signed a lease).
- got some liquid fertilizer for my potted patio plants that seems to be working, they stopped getting quite so many yellow leaves (at least until yesterday). But then it's been a week, so time to feed them again & see if that's what the problem is...
- Tree guy finished the two eucalyptus trees out front on the street & paid end of last week,
- bug guy in Friday,
- ran a very successful nutrition training workshop for my daycare ladies Saturday morning;
- replaced a pot by the front door that DH broke on his way to work the other nite landing my Sago Palm on the sidewalk - but maybe the jar of landing loosened up the pod as there is now a very healthy looking set of new fronds coming up the center over this weekend...,
- housekeepers in tomorrow,
- & finally a date selected (July 31-Aug 1 weekend)for our west coast family get-together celebration here after S23 completes the bar exam in Phoenix in July but before D27 heads out of country to new duty station from Idaho to Korea for the next year.

Guess it wasn't such a wash of a week. Sure don't look forward to the drive to Southern CA tomorrow, or another week away from home, but it will be a good visit, tho busy week w/the g'kids... Might even manage a lunch w/a friend in Barstow on the way over, & get another old timer friend in Rancho Cucamonga to come up for a visit over the weekend if she can get away from her business & family obligations.

Off to see if I can get something accomplished today away from the computer - except I do still need to get my pictures ordered thru Shutterfly to keep my photo albums up-do-date.... Lawns need to be mowed sometime in the near future, but if the guys aren't here to start the darn mower for me all the time, I can't get it done by myself anymore. I think an electric may be in my future somewhere down the road.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-22-2010 - 2:14pm

My oldest is taking a class on digital photography and my youngest is taking a class on making art from recycled materials.

My uncle passed away in Februray 2008 and my grandmother passed away in November of the same year. Granddad has been gone more like 17 years. So it hasn't been toooooo long since we were last down there, but we want to see the houses now that there are new owners and we want to visit some of the sites we used to see when we traveled down there every summer for as far back as I can remember.

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucketteachers.gif image by karileighthsew.gif image by karileigh

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-22-2010 - 6:38pm

So last week's goals were:
* Spend some time working on my current cross-stitch project. I've actually planned some time to stitch tomorrow so even if its not a lot there will be some progress. - DONE, check out the WIP post from last week for the progress made.
* Update my finance folder - I've been disorganized and it needs to be done. - NOT DONE, will stay on the to do list this week.
* Sort out the clutter in my flat YET again. I will eventually find away to keep things semi-organized. I may take a picture of the clutter later to show why I need to have it at least semi-organized. - Still to be done.
* Sort through my pile of cross-stitch patterns and unstarted kits. Decide which ones I will realistically do. If there are any that I don't want to stitch, get rid of them - depending on condition either bin or find a new home for them. - Not done.

At the moment, I'm in the middle of 6 days on at work, so I don't want to be too ambitious in my goals for the week. Therefore on my to do list this week:
* Survive the week.
* Update my finance folder - I've been disorganized and it needs to be done.
* Sort out the clutter in my flat YET again. I will eventually find a way to keep things semi-organized. Before I start, I'm going to break it down into small steps.
* Investigate cost of items that will help keep the clutter under control.
* If I find some time to stitch, I'll be happy, but somehow doubtful that I'll find the time.

Lyn

Lyn

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-22-2010 - 11:24pm
Tak care n that drive and give my regards to Barstow (it's been AGES since I was there last!)

CL for

Pages