Weekly Goals, June 28-July 4, 2010

iVillage Member
Weekly Goals, June 28-July 4, 2010
Mon, 06-28-2010 - 1:05pm
Any weekly to-do lists or gals to share? Inquiring minds want to know!

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-28-2010 - 1:38pm

Last week…
1. Pick up CSA delivery between 3 and 7 on Tuesday === DONE, till only baby greens, radishes and lettuce

2. No Stamping Demonstration Tuesday night so meet Mary and Janice for dinner instead === found a new place to eat which was right across the street from an interesting shop called Scrap 4 Art! http://www.scrap4arttoledo.org/ We need to check that out!

3. Stitchery
work on the challenge quilt === NOT
my June Bead Journal Project === DONE and posted
and continue with the Sea Stars piece === DONE and posted. Spent Sunday night sorting thread in the Candamar kit "Sewing with Mama", thinking I need to get away from samplers for a while... but the CHART! AAACK!

4. Housecleaner comes on Wednesday === she called in sick, so I had to keep the tidying going and we are living with the cat fur. Hope she's better this week

5. Bills and financial record === bills DONE, confuter records NOT

6. Attend dedication of the new peace garden at the community garden park (DH designed the garden, which is a collection of various evergreens around a waterfall and pool complex...) === DONE,HOT (over 90) and almost rained out!

We also spent a couple of hours on Saturday at the Crosby Art Festival at Toledo Botanical Garden. HOT, hot, hot! DH bought a birdhouse….

So this week…

So this week…

1. Pick up CSA delivery between 3 and 7 on Tuesday

2. No Stamping Demonstration Tuesday night (it's a make-and-take) but still need to get together

3. Stitchery - work on the challenge quilt, design my July Bead Journal Project, and start a new cross stitch piece (was going to do a Candamar piece but the chart is so TINY! so I think it'll be my first ever Michael Powell: "Greek Window")

4. Housecleaner comes on Wednesday

5. Bills and financial record

And of course, there's the fireworks on Sunday --- we have a hard choice as we donated to the HOA fireworks, but the city won the Liberty Mutual prize for medium-sized towns so they will be able to have a show this year even though the city pulled the funding, and I think the populace should show support…

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-28-2010 - 2:15pm

LAST WEEK -

1 Resume WIP purse I started early in Spring. Sorta - got it out & went over what I'd already done.

2 Design embroidery to add to newly purchased pants suit. NO

3 Balance checkbook. NO

4 DGrD (9) will have an overnight on Thursday and stay all Friday. If weather doesn't cool down a bit, we may wind up going to a movie. DONE, as I've posted, she finished her crazy patchwork quilt. The movie was Marmaduke, she enjoyed it, pretty lame.

5 Do the Wii boxing Tues/Thurs/Sat AM. Tried on Tues & found the boxing just aggravated the tendonitis in my right shoulder. Will continue using the Wii for Yoga & aerobics.

I did get the fabric I purchased pre-washed.

THIS WEEK -

1 Work on the handbag.

2 Balance the checkbook.

3 Long dentist appointment on Weds afternoon.

4 DrD (7) will sleep over on Thursday, then spend Friday. She's athletic, so there may be a bike ride in nature preserve. I hope my bicycle is repaired soon. The shop was waiting on replacement rim.

5 No big plans for the Fourth. If temp is nice & I have my bike back, I will take my usual ride to the parade route & watch in the shade for a while. Family all have plans with bunches of kids & outdoor sitting, which DH & I find way too hot in July. Crowds at fireworks are more than we want to deal with. Guess we're feeling our age.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-29-2010 - 3:40am

So last week's goals were:
* Survive the week. - Done, but I managed to leave my pain meds at home on Saturday when I went to work so I'm still playing catch up on getting the meds to work yet again.
* Update my finance folder - I've been disorganized and it needs to be done. - still not done.
* Sort out the clutter in my flat YET again. I will eventually find a way to keep things semi-organized. Before I start, I'm going to break it down into small steps. - still not done
* Investigate cost of items that will help keep the clutter under control. - still not done. It would rely on my doing something about the clutter.
* If I find some time to stitch, I'll be happy, but somehow doubtful that I'll find the time. - didn't find time to stitch but not surprised.

This weeks goals
* Sort through my pile of cross-stitch patterns and unstarted kits. Decide which ones I will realistically do. If there are any that I don't want to stitch, get rid of them - depending on condition either bin or find a new home for them. This was a goal that wasn't done two weeks ago, I will do this tomorrow morning so that it gets done.
* Update my finance folder - I've been disorganized and it needs to be done. This will be done tonight.
* Sort out the clutter in my flat YET again. I will eventually find a way to keep things semi-organized. I don't expect to get all of this done this week, but with the number of days off I have this week, I will be able to make a start.
* Do something about my "to buy" list with books. At present, I seem to have a habit of being all over the show with my purchases. As I am currently in the process of buying electronic versions of the books that I own as well as new electronic titles, I need to be more organized with this.
* Come up with July goals.

Lyn

Lyn

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-29-2010 - 2:40pm

I'm interested in what you think of the Sony reader.

A friend of mine has the Barnes & Noble "Nook" and loves it; her husband has an iPad and has become an addict! LOL.

I don't know anyone with a Kindle though...

CL for