Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank
Last week…1. Pick up CSA delivery between 3 and 7 on Tuesday === DONE, till only baby greens, radishes and lettuce
2. No Stamping Demonstration Tuesday night so meet Mary and Janice for dinner instead === found a new place to eat which was right across the street from an interesting shop called Scrap 4 Art! http://www.scrap4arttoledo.org/ We need to check that out!
3. Stitcherywork on the challenge quilt === NOT my June Bead Journal Project === DONE and posted and continue with the Sea Stars piece === DONE and posted. Spent Sunday night sorting thread in the Candamar kit "Sewing with Mama", thinking I need to get away from samplers for a while... but the CHART! AAACK!
4. Housecleaner comes on Wednesday === she called in sick, so I had to keep the tidying going and we are living with the cat fur. Hope she's better this week
5. Bills and financial record === bills DONE, confuter records NOT
6. Attend dedication of the new peace garden at the community garden park (DH designed the garden, which is a collection of various evergreens around a waterfall and pool complex...) === DONE,HOT (over 90) and almost rained out!
We also spent a couple of hours on Saturday at the Crosby Art Festival at Toledo Botanical Garden. HOT, hot, hot! DH bought a birdhouse….
So this week…
1. Pick up CSA delivery between 3 and 7 on Tuesday
2. No Stamping Demonstration Tuesday night (it's a make-and-take) but still need to get together
3. Stitchery - work on the challenge quilt, design my July Bead Journal Project, and start a new cross stitch piece (was going to do a Candamar piece but the chart is so TINY! so I think it'll be my first ever Michael Powell: "Greek Window")
4. Housecleaner comes on Wednesday
5. Bills and financial record
And of course, there's the fireworks on Sunday --- we have a hard choice as we donated to the HOA fireworks, but the city won the Liberty Mutual prize for medium-sized towns so they will be able to have a show this year even though the city pulled the funding, and I think the populace should show support…
LAST WEEK -
1 Resume WIP purse I started early in Spring. Sorta - got it out & went over what I'd already done.
2 Design embroidery to add to newly purchased pants suit. NO
3 Balance checkbook. NO
4 DGrD (9) will have an overnight on Thursday and stay all Friday. If weather doesn't cool down a bit, we may wind up going to a movie. DONE, as I've posted, she finished her crazy patchwork quilt. The movie was Marmaduke, she enjoyed it, pretty lame.
5 Do the Wii boxing Tues/Thurs/Sat AM. Tried on Tues & found the boxing just aggravated the tendonitis in my right shoulder. Will continue using the Wii for Yoga & aerobics.
I did get the fabric I purchased pre-washed.
THIS WEEK -
1 Work on the handbag.
2 Balance the checkbook.
3 Long dentist appointment on Weds afternoon.
4 DrD (7) will sleep over on Thursday, then spend Friday. She's athletic, so there may be a bike ride in nature preserve. I hope my bicycle is repaired soon. The shop was waiting on replacement rim.
5 No big plans for the Fourth. If temp is nice & I have my bike back, I will take my usual ride to the parade route & watch in the shade for a while. Family all have plans with bunches of kids & outdoor sitting, which DH & I find way too hot in July. Crowds at fireworks are more than we want to deal with. Guess we're feeling our age.
So last week's goals were:* Survive the week. - Done, but I managed to leave my pain meds at home on Saturday when I went to work so I'm still playing catch up on getting the meds to work yet again.* Update my finance folder - I've been disorganized and it needs to be done. - still not done.* Sort out the clutter in my flat YET again. I will eventually find a way to keep things semi-organized. Before I start, I'm going to break it down into small steps. - still not done* Investigate cost of items that will help keep the clutter under control. - still not done. It would rely on my doing something about the clutter.* If I find some time to stitch, I'll be happy, but somehow doubtful that I'll find the time. - didn't find time to stitch but not surprised.
This weeks goals* Sort through my pile of cross-stitch patterns and unstarted kits. Decide which ones I will realistically do. If there are any that I don't want to stitch, get rid of them - depending on condition either bin or find a new home for them. This was a goal that wasn't done two weeks ago, I will do this tomorrow morning so that it gets done.* Update my finance folder - I've been disorganized and it needs to be done. This will be done tonight.* Sort out the clutter in my flat YET again. I will eventually find a way to keep things semi-organized. I don't expect to get all of this done this week, but with the number of days off I have this week, I will be able to make a start.* Do something about my "to buy" list with books. At present, I seem to have a habit of being all over the show with my purchases. As I am currently in the process of buying electronic versions of the books that I own as well as new electronic titles, I need to be more organized with this. * Come up with July goals.
I'm interested in what you think of the Sony reader.
A friend of mine has the Barnes & Noble "Nook" and loves it; her husband has an iPad and has become an addict! LOL.
I don't know anyone with a Kindle though...