Goals for week of 7/5/10

iVillage Member
Goals for week of 7/5/10
Mon, 07-05-2010 - 12:16pm
It's going to be HOT here this week so it's a good time to cool off by a pool or stay indoors adn stitch. Watcha got planned?

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-05-2010 - 12:17pm

Last week, my goals were simple:

1. Pick up CSA delivery between 3 and 7 on Tuesday === DONE

2. No Stamping Demonstration Tuesday night (it's a make-and-take) but still need to get together === DONE

3. Stitchery
- work on the challenge quilt === not done but I did go to Hobby Lobby and found the dark red and green cottons that I was running out of

- design my July Bead Journal Project === picked out the fabric and bought the beads and even some sequins!

-and start a new cross stitch piece (was going to do a Candamar piece but the chart is so TINY! so I think it'll be my first ever Michael Powell: "Greek Window") === Greek Window is under way…

And I took four samplers (Quaker Christmas, Garden Sampler, Foral Alphabet and Sea Stars) into the framer on Thursday!

4. Housecleaner comes on Wednesday === DONE

5. Bills and financial record === Bills paid, records still neglected

And of course, there's the fireworks on Sunday --- we have a hard choice as we donated to the HOA fireworks, but the city won the Liberty Mutual prize for medium-sized towns so they will be able to have a show this year even though the city pulled the funding, and I think the populace should show support… === Joined BIL for the city's display

Oh, and I walked three days out of the seven!

So this week…

1. Pick up CSA delivery between 3 and 7 on Tuesday

2. Stamping Demonstration Tuesday night

3. Stitchery - work on the challenge quilt, myJuly Bead Journal Project, and Michael Powell's "Greek Window"

4. Housecleaner comes on Wednesday

5. Bills and financial record

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-05-2010 - 2:14pm

I didn't have any goals last week because I was out of town. I did get a little crocheting done while I was gone though.

This week's goals:

1) Thyroid ultrasound today (Monday). I'm hoping to find out why I always feel like something is stuck in my throat. My dad had a tumor removed from his thyroid last summer so this is really worrying me.

2) Make candy for my mom. She's asked me to make some for Wednesday, so that will be Tuesday's task.

3) Go into school Thursday. It will be the 1st of my 3 teacher workdays I have to do this summer.

4) Stay cool! It's supposed to be really hot this week (98 on Tuesday) so I'm hoping to stay inside as much as possible and get some crocheting or sewing done.

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucketteachers.gif image by karileighthsew.gif image by karileigh

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-05-2010 - 3:25pm

Fingers crossed on that ultrasound. Keep us posted, OK?

Making candy? YUM! What kind? Care to share the recipe?

It's hot here too so I know exactly what you mean about staying inside. Enjoy your sewing and crocheting time!

Edited 7/5/2010 9:01 pm ET by cl-thatyank

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-05-2010 - 4:20pm

Well, according to the ultrasound tech, my thyroid is fine. She said

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-05-2010 - 8:31pm

LAST WEEK -
1 Work on the handbag. - Some progress, have decided to do free motion stippling on outer bag pieces, as I don't like the way the iron on interfacing made wrinkles. Will use variegated thread in shades of aqua & turquoise.

2 Balance the checkbook. NOPE

3 Long dentist appointment on Weds afternoon. DONE, was actually a short one because we had decided to make a 2nd appointment. Old silver filling was replaced with nice white porcelain.

4 DrD (7) will sleep over on Thursday, then spend Friday. She's athletic, so there may be a bike ride in nature preserve. I hope my bicycle is repaired soon. The shop was waiting on replacement rim. DONE - sleepover was a success, we made concrete stones with words for our garden, among other things. Picked up my bike also.

5 No big plans for the Fourth. If temp is nice & I have my bike back, I will take my usual ride to the parade route & watch in the shade for a while. Family all have plans with bunches of kids & outdoor sitting, which DH & I find way too hot in July. Crowds at fireworks are more than we want to deal with. Guess we're feeling our age. NO PARADE WATCHING, as temp was near 90 by the time the route got to our part of town. DH & I both did rock landscaping work early in the morning, but now my shoulder tendonitis is really acting up. We watched the movie "Independence Day" for lunch & supper, then caught the Macy's fireworks on HD in the cool of our living room.

THIS WEEK -

1 Summer Sew & Swim camp starts Tuesday, I gave details in my "roll call" post. Temp will be low 90s, so no need to worry about the water being too cold.

2 Finish the handbag.

3 Balance the checkbook.

4 More rock sifting for the landscaping, when heat lets up a little. This is a time consuming project, because our DGrS dug out the old walkway which was filled with river rock and made a huge pile of rocks mixed with dirt. This was necessitated by the new driveway & walk being poured in May. My job is to rough rake the pile, then move piles to a mesh metal screen where I can rub the rocks & remove the dirt. Rocks then are transferred to garden cart for DH to use as mulch when he is done leveling the ground.

5 Attend monthly machine embroidery club at local shop. The small fee includes copy of the design used on a CD, plus instruction. The projects are usually small decorative pieces, purses, coasters, etc. I've missed the first 3 mtgs,as was busy with the yard projects.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-05-2010 - 9:04pm

So glad to hear your thyroid passed! Now to figure out why you have trouble swallowing, right?

Hmm, where do you put the almond bark? In place of the candy sprinkles?

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-05-2010 - 9:08pm
Hope your second dental appointment is as easy as the first (I personally HATE it when an old filling needs to be replaced. That drilling! AAARGH!)

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-05-2010 - 11:02pm
I use the almond bark in place of the semisweet chocolate you're supposed to dip the egg shapes into. We found the semisweet chocolate overpowered the other flavors and wouldn't stay hard at room temps, even in April. The almond bark sets up much better and lets you taste the peanut butter more. The only problem with the almond bark is that it sets up really fast so you have to be quick with the sprinkles or they don't stick!

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucketteachers.gif image by karileighthsew.gif image by karileigh

Photobucket