Weekly Goals, July 12, 2010

iVillage Member
Weekly Goals, July 12, 2010
Mon, 07-12-2010 - 1:10pm
Another hot summer July week. Thunderstorms possible every afternoon this week, or so the weatherman says. Good time to stitch, eh?

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-12-2010 - 1:11pm

Last week…

1. Pick up CSA delivery between 3 and 7 on Tuesday === DONE

2. Stamping Demonstration Tuesday night === DONE (it was a paper-bag card)

3. Stitchery
- work on the challenge quilt - NOT
- July Bead Journal Project - NOT,
and Michael Powell's "Greek Window" === found a natty BIG mistake which I now have to fudge around. Phooey!

I went to the quilt guild meeting (it was about garments - NOT really of interest to me) on Thursday night and picked up two more pieces of the mystery quilt challenge.

I picked up my framed samplers and they look really nice. Now to decide - do I enter one in the fair or not… HAVE to decide before the 17th as that is the last day to sign up.

4. Housecleaner comes on Wednesday === DONE

5. Bills === DONE and financial records === NOT

and this week:

1. Pick up CSA delivery between 3 and 7 on Tuesday

2. Stamping Demonstration Tuesday night (we may try a new place this week)

3. Stitchery - work on the challenge quilt, the July Bead Journal Project, and Michael Powell's "Greek Window"

4. Housecleaner comes on Wednesday

5. Haircut on Thursday afternoon

6. Bills and financial records

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-12-2010 - 8:52pm

LAST WEEK

1 Summer Sew & Swim camp starts Tuesday, I gave details in my "roll call" post. Temp will be low 90s, so no need to worry about the water being too cold. DRESSES are 95% done, need to use overlock on hem & inside edges, plus add elastic to the straps.

2 Finish the handbag. NOPE. I did do the free motion stitching on the bands and it covered the interfacing wrinkles nicely.

3 Balance the checkbook. DONE. Actually finished the May statement, then forced myself to tackle the June one when it came in. I'm getting more accustomed the the checkbook software program and it's getting easier each time.

4 More rock sifting for the landscaping, when heat lets up a little. This is a time consuming project, because our DGrS dug out the old walkway which was filled with river rock and made a huge pile of rocks mixed with dirt. This was necessitated by the new driveway & walk being poured in May. My job is to rough rake the pile, then move piles to a mesh metal screen where I can rub the rocks & remove the dirt. Rocks then are transferred to garden cart for DH to use as mulch when he is done leveling the ground. DONE. Hooray. Now I can enjoy Summer.

5 Attend monthly machine embroidery club at local shop. The small fee includes copy of the design used on a CD, plus instruction. The projects are usually small decorative pieces, purses, coasters, etc. I've missed the first 3 mtgs,as was busy with the yard projects.1 Summer Sew & Swim camp starts Tuesday, I gave details in my "roll call" post. Temp will be low 90s, so no need to worry about the water being too cold. OOPS - it is this Thursday. The instructor sent me the list of supplies & I'm rethinking attending these monthly "classes". The supply lists includes 15 different colors of thread, for the design which goes on a kitchen towel which then turns into an apron. Hate to sound cheap, but this sounds like a real $$ maker for shop. I probably wouldn't wear the apron, so it would just sit in a drawer.

THIS WEEK -

1 Sewing day on Tuesday with the DGrDs. They will make more fabric tubes, rummage through my notions boxes and turn into necklaces & hair bows. No swimming this week as they are a bit sunburned from a weekend camping trip. Instead we are having a "Girls in the City" afternoon to show them what Summer was like for me growing up. We will wear skirts & hats, take the bus uptown to the library to pick up a book on hold for me, walk to the local cafe that makes real soda fountain treats (think egg creams), then back home on the bus.

2 Work on the handbag. I found a discrepancy in size of pieces I cut out and instructions, so am going back & mark each pattern piece (on freezer paper) with the dimensions, then compare to what I've cut out.

3 Dental appointment on Weds, the last of 2 filling replacements.

4 Historical museum 25 miles away has a easy ballroom dancing with buffet on Sat., so we look forward to that.

5 More early morning bike rides, now that I'm out from the rush of landscape work AND my bicycle is fixed & back homes.

Heat & humidity will be very high this week, so a lot of afternoon indoor projects may actually get done.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-12-2010 - 11:04pm
Boy, your schedule is full, isn't it! Enjoy your granddaughters and have fun!

CL for