WIP Wednesday, July 14, 2010

iVillage Member
WIP Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Wed, 07-14-2010 - 10:12am
A I was stitching the gray shadow at the bottom, I found an error! GASP! 2 stitches off in the blue window on the right! AAACK! Somehow, I miscounted AWFULLY near the top right a one of those little gray shadows to the side turned up the first goof. Have no clue where teh second is but by the time I reached the middle, I was off two...

This is a kit and there isn't any spare thread so ripping out THAT much of a design is unlikely… Fudge time. But it put me off stitching for three days --- finally started back up on Saturday with a plan. Luckily, the piece has a wonky feel so fudging shouldn't make it look too odd.

You'd think with something this small, I could do it error free. No, not even with a small piece. DRAT! I need to count better, double check more often --- and read the instructions! What fun is THAT? LOL

Anyone else have some WIPs to show off?

CL for

Community Leader
Wed, 07-14-2010 - 2:21pm

As you say, it is a bit wonky so I doubt anyone but you (and maybe not even you!) will be able to tell.

The size of the project seems to have nothing to do with completing it without errors. I could make as many errors on Christmas ornaments as anything else!

I wish I did have some WIPs to show off! My projects at the moment all seem to have morphed into UFOs!

Question for you: Do you take pictures of your WIPs or scan them?

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-14-2010 - 3:58pm

I photograph them.

I hate to admit it because I do have one hooked up to my desktop computer (buried under a lot of stuff but it is hooked up), but I haven't clue a to how to use a scanner!

CL for