Bag done

iVillage Member
Bag done
Sun, 08-08-2010 - 5:13pm

This began in June with a purchased pattern for a stylized purse. Instructions were faulty to the point where I gave up & set it aside. Then I decided to design a bag that would actually suit what I carry. The zippered outside pocket has internal pockets for my cellphone & wallet. The other 2 pockets are for sunglasses & keys. I left the inside free for books, or whatever. Biggest problem was that I quilted front & lining together, then had raw seams to deal with. A strip of binding on the seam took care of the problem. The bag is much lighter than my leather ones, so easier on the shoulder.

Jacquie

Oops - will post pix later - I've used up my space.

iVillage Member
In reply to: jaybee458
Sun, 08-08-2010 - 11:29pm

Waiting on pins and needles...

Maybe we should give a tutorial on how to insert photo in the text? All you need is a photoshop album set up... and you put in your text box the image code it provides that starts with the letters:

Now I have to code my entire text and click the "check here if HTML tags are in the message" check box which is just below the message box, since I have a Mac and so can't use the WYSIWIG tool box (in fact, I have never SEEN the WYSIWYG toolbox!).

There MUST be someone here with a PC that inserts photo in the text with the tool box? Any assistance? Is there any special approach one takes?

CL for

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-08-2010 - 11:30pm
Learned how to clear old pix. Laborious, but at least it works.
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-09-2010 - 12:08pm
Wonderful! Love the fabric (I can see why you wanted a purse from this!) and your embroidered butterflies. And pockets --- one can never have too many pockets!

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-09-2010 - 2:56pm

Thx. I like when it's not clear which is front of bag, so with this one, it doesn't matter. I did just find a lovely old black closure and will add to top of bag so stuff doesn't fall out.

Jacquie