Weekly Goals, August 9, 2010

iVillage Member
Weekly Goals, August 9, 2010
Mon, 08-09-2010 - 12:43pm

Another week ha come and gone. How did you all do last week in your to-do lists. Get to your stitchery at all? Any goals to report this week?

Nosy mind want to know!

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-09-2010 - 12:46pm

Last week, my list of to-dos was as follows:

1. We are to have coffee with a Smithsonian official this afternoon at 3. I suspect he's fund raising but who would refuse coffee? === DONE. He was raising funds but he was quite nice and the coffee i always good at Panera's

2. Pick up CSA delivery between 3 and 7 on Tuesday === DONE. becoming overwhelmed with cherry tomatoes but at least the lettuce mix has stopped. we were getting salaamed out!

3. Stamping Demonstration Tuesday night - Spritz Resist is the technique for this night === this was the same technique I saw on Split Coast Stampers lat week but it was good to see it in person…

4. Stitchery - work on the challenge quilt and the July Bead Journal Project. === Did finish the July BJP and started planning my August one. Didn't do a thing with the quilt.

Pick a new cross stitch piece (I'm tempted by Marilyn Robertson's "Art Deco" cats Sebastian, Jasper and Thomas… === started "Sebastian", which is moving along quite quickly

5. Housecleaner comes on Wednesday === DONE

6. Bills and financial records === bills DONE. records NOT!

7. Senior Day and Quilt Day at the county fair --- they are the same day, as usual, so that is the day I usually go. I should be able to see then if either of my pieces won a ribbon... === DONE. DH and I did a quick tour of the needlework display - much smaller than in past years, and I fear it is fading in popularity. AND I WON two ribbons! WOO WHO! We also walked around the Quilt Day exhibit. But it simply was much too hot to stay long... so I didn't stay for any of the presentations.

This week is BUSY! Way busier than i would like and some choices need to be made as there are conflicts…

1. A specie card-making class in Toledo on Monday night. I don't usually go to these but the "instructor" is a friend…

2. Pick up CSA delivery between 3 and 7 on Tuesday

3. Stamping Demonstration Tuesday night

4. Pick up stitchery from fair between 5 and 7 PM on Tuesday. This conflicts with Stamping Demo in Toledo so I may ask DH to do this instead.

5. Stitchery - work on the challenge quilt and the August Bead Journal Project. Stitch on "Sebastian"

6. Housecleaner comes on Wednesday

7. Quilt Guild Thursday Night

8. Bills and financial records

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-09-2010 - 3:03pm

LAST WEEK -
1 Finish tote bag. I'm at the last few steps. DONE, posted pix.

2 Sit with Grands on Tuesday. DS has set up DDIL's never used sewing machine, so I will guide them through using it. The plan is to take them shopping for fabric to make first solo projects, followed by a movie where there is A/C - will be mid 90s here. DONE. The machine had some issues, so I brought it home for my very mechanically minded DH to look at. As usual, he saved me $ by cleaning & oiling, now it works like new.

3 Sit with Grands Weds. AM. I will supervise them making rice bags for cooling & heating, to use on bruises & sprains. For some reason, these fascinate them and they fight over mine. DONE after we went out for pizza at lunch time.

4 Once again, stay inside as much as possible to avoid the heat. This is getting old. YEP

5 Check out new embroidery designs I ordered and plan what decoration to add to current simple clothes. NOPE - designs have not arrived. I did learn how to shrink designs directly on my machine so I can use the smaller hoop.

THIS WEEK -

1 Sit with Grands on Tues. Sewing project will be for each to sew a stitch on denim square I give them, then staple to 3x5 card with settings, needle, etc. for their reference. I received a binder full of such things when I purchased my used Viking years ago & it was an immense help. Tutoring has taught me that kids often need more than one mode for learning, so I figure doing these themselves will help, rather than telling them to look in the instruction book (we all know how weird instruction books can get). As heat index will be 107, we'll take in another movie in the afternoon. Still too hot to even go to the pool for this old Grandma.

2 Sit with Grands on Fri. This will be a longer day, so I'm taking them on a road trip to a children's museum 40 miles away.

3 More practice designs, then hopefully begin on a garment.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-09-2010 - 10:30pm

Last

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2010 - 10:07am

This week is a busy week for us and I have laryngitis...which is really awful timing. My to-do list for this week is:

1. House hunt due to our current home being infested with mold. Housing has agreed to let us break our lease without penalty and so now we are able to look somewhere else.

2. Tuesday: 2 doctor appts

3. Pack to move into hotel for a few days while work is being done to the house.

4. Hotel Tuesday night-Friday morning

5. 2 viewings of 2 potential houses.

6. Start packing

7. Work on stocking kit if possible

8. If and when my voice comes back I have to make several phone calls to insurance about referrals.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2010 - 1:50pm

Jacquie, what movies are you taking in? Around here, there haven't been that many child-oriented films this summer...

I'm with you on the heat. We haven't hit 100 yet but we have far exceeded our usual summer "quote" of over 90 day and with the humidity 9and lack of rain!) it's misery here... Like walking out into a sauna!

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2010 - 1:53pm

Oh my gosh, three school open houses in one week! You will be exhausted!

Good luck with pre-calc! I wish I had a course like that back in school --- I was at a major disadvantage in Cal in college because I didn't have any number theory, etc... That is what drove m into a math minor instead of major. Calc was just too hard, theory-wise!

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2010 - 1:55pm
Ouch! Mold sucks! Is your laryngitis a result of the mold?

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2010 - 10:41pm

Todays flix was Cats & Dogs, the Revenge of Kitty Galore. It was a spoof of James Bond movies, Roger Moore even did a voice over. Pretty cute. Last week it was Despicable, which the girls liked, I didn't much care for it.

Yep, the heat goes on and we have no end in sight for another week. Grass is turning brown, leaves are drying up and falling off trees. I pour a gallon of water into the bird bath each day & they sit in the trees & watch me, then send out signals to their buddies.

Jacquie