Weekly Goals, August 16, 2010

iVillage Member
Weekly Goals, August 16, 2010
Mon, 08-16-2010 - 11:17am
A new week, new goals or tasks to complete. So tell us how last week went and what you have "on your plate" this coming week...!

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-16-2010 - 11:21am

Last week, my list of to-dos was as follows:

1. A special card-making class in Toledo on Monday night. I don't usually go to these but the "instructor" is a friend === DONE. It actually was a 12-page mini tag book and we got the "book" made without much in the way of embellishment. I'm working on that, one page/one tag at a time now. A great way to put off working on that quilt! LOL

2. Pick up CSA delivery between 3 and 7 on Tuesday === DONE and now we are drowning in Cherry Tomatoes! I have found all kind of ways to use thema dn still have a bowl full!

3. Stamping Demonstration Tuesday night == DONE - it was about a kind of stamp and die-cut method I'm not likely to try as I'm not into die-cutting

4. Pick up stitchery from fair between 5 and 7 PM on Tuesday. This conflicted with Stamping Demo in Toledo so I asked DH to do this instead === DONE He came back with pictures, ribbons *and* a check for two first prizes, totaling all of $7.00! Turns out "Floral Alphabet", which was over two on 32 ct Jobelan, was judged in the 25ct category! No cle as to why! And since these won, I can't enter in either of those two classes next year. Guess I'm going to have to stitch some pictures instead, or some Christmas ornaments!

5. Stitchery - work on the challenge quilt and the August Bead Journal Project. Stitch on "Sebastian" === Only stitched on Sebastian…

6. Housecleaner comes on Wednesday === DONE

7. Quilt Guild Thursday Night === DONE. A pattern designer and shop owner gave a presentation on her designs and how she came to create them.

8. Bills and financial records === bills paid…

DH declared Friday Night "Movie Night" and invited a friend and her two kids to come over and watch "Alice". The possible Master Gardener's "trip" to Put-in-Bay on Saturday was cancelled due to lack of interest.

So this week, here is what I have to do. Hopefully, I'll get a lot more done!

1. Pick up CSA delivery between 3 and 7 on Tuesday

2. Stamping Demonstration Tuesday night

3. Stitchery - work on the challenge quilt and the August Bead Journal Project. Stitch on "Sebastian"

4. Housecleaner comes on Wednesday

5. Haircut Thursday

6. Car to service on Friday

8. Bills and financial records

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-16-2010 - 12:39pm

LAST WEEK -

1 Sit with Grands on Tues. Sewing project will be for each to sew a stitch on denim square I give them, then staple to 3x5 card with settings, needle, etc. for their reference. I received a binder full of such things when I purchased my used Viking years ago & it was an immense help. Tutoring has taught me that kids often need more than one mode for learning, so I figure doing these themselves will help, rather than telling them to look in the instruction book (we all know how weird instruction books can get). As heat index will be 107, we'll take in another movie in the afternoon. Still too hot to even go to the pool for this old Grandma. DONE - posted info on this earlier.

2 Sit with Grands on Fri. This will be a longer day, so I'm taking them on a road trip to a children's museum 40 miles away. NO TRAVELING, too hot, ran errands, had lunch at buffet that they thought was way cool.

3 More practice designs, then hopefully begin on a garment. - NOPE - book & CD I ordered had 2 corrupted design files I needed. One funny thing was that one of the examples for embroidery projects was a shirt/pants outfit in same color and same design as the one I plan on embellishing.

THIS WEEK -
1 Monday - cut T shirts into strips for ruffling project with the Grands. Take care for check up before I go on vacation. Make cover from clearance plastic tablecloth for DGrDs sewing machine.

2 Tuesday - last day of watching Grands. We'll make the ruffled T shirt dresses, then head to pool to meet our oldest DGrD & her kids for a "cousins" party at the pool to celebrate the end of Summer vacation.

3 The rest of the week will be catching up on yard work now that we have some cool early AM temps, plus prepping for trip. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the teachers at DGrDs school don't strike on Thursday - just don't think I can juggle any more.

4 Leave Sunday AM for MI. So I'll probably not be posting this time next week.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-16-2010 - 10:22pm
Wave as you drive by, please! You will be so close...

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-16-2010 - 10:24pm

Won't be as close as you think. I'm going to the UP via Wisconsin, as I'm in mid-IL. Will overnight in OshKosh or Green Bay, so I finish the long drive in daylight. I believe I have about 20 minutes of heavy forest to go through.

Jacquie