Weekly Goals, August 23, 2010

iVillage Member
Weekly Goals, August 23, 2010
Mon, 08-23-2010 - 11:12am
It's a new week and August is rapidly passing into history. Anything left to do this month that yo'd like to tell us about?

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-23-2010 - 11:13am

Last week, my to-do list was as follows - not too busy but definitely not my routine

1. Pick up CSA delivery between 3 and 7 on Tuesday === DONE

2. Stamping Demonstration Tuesday night === DONE

3. Stitchery - work on the challenge quilt and the August Bead Journal Project. Stitch on "Sebastian" === FINISHED "Sebastian" and posted a photo. Started the next in the series: "Jasper". As for my challenge quilt, all stitchery in my craft space was put on hold until the leak int eh basement is fixed. everything in that space is piled on top of everything else meanwhile. So… I think I know where my bead journal project is but I need to dig for it.

4. Housecleaner comes on Wednesday === DONE

5. Haircut Thursday === DONE, followed up with a big grocery shop *and* a trip to the ATM.

6. Car to service on Friday === DONE. They couldn't find out why it is misbehaving when first driven but it did get it's 30,000 mile service and I managed to replace the key set DH inadvertently threw away (!!!).

7. Bills and financial records === bills DONE. Records not (ooops --- I am SOOOO far behind on this).

So this week, it's a little less full. I've already called in a prescription refill which means I will need to plan a pick-up sometime this week. Otherwise:

1. Pick up CSA delivery between 3 and 7 on Tuesday

2. There is no Stamping Demonstration this Tuesday night so we will probably only go out to eat.

3. Stitchery - work on the August Bead Journal Project (if I can find it) and stitch on "Jasper"

4. Housecleaner comes on Wednesday

5. Lunch with the outgoing webmaster for the quilt web site. I'm thinking of taking over the web site and plan on picking her brain!

6. Bills and financial records

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-24-2010 - 1:06pm

Benn machine quilting...:) !

1st of 7 charity donation quilts on machine/frame set-up using a pantograph.

2nd attempt so we'll see if this download works - plus I can't find the info. on deleting previous downloads to clear more space...)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-25-2010 - 7:01am

Things have slowed down a bit since I'm currently on mid-semester break. I'm glad to actually have the time to post rather than just lurk.

My to-do list is somewhat short this week as I'm working 32 hours this week (normally I work 20)

This week's aims
* Get caught up on the housework.
* Spend sometime working on my current cross-stitch project.
* Create an action plan for my essay/research project.

Lyn

Lyn

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-25-2010 - 10:42am
Hav you chosen your research project yet?

CL for

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-26-2010 - 3:33am

Yep - the proposal was due last week. I'm looking at the context of electoral reform of the change from First Past the Post to Mixed Member Proportional (MMP) that occurred in 1992 and and 1993, with the situation currently. New Zealand will be having another referendum at our national election next year that will look at whether we should keep MMP and if not, what it should change to.

I had a bit of a discussion with my lecturer before submitting the proposal, and as he said using this topic as a starting point I have the flexibility to draw in as much or little as I like that I believe will be relevant.

Lyn

Lyn

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-26-2010 - 1:01pm

Interesting topic.

I don't suppose you will be able to include the response to the referendum though - right? It will be way past your essay due date?

CL for

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-26-2010 - 7:16pm
Yep, you're right there. Even if I was doing that course next year, I wouldn't be able to include the referendum response in my essay as our election dates generally fall just late enough to be after second semester essays are due, and with the Rugby World Cup being here next year I can almost guarantee it.
Lyn

Lyn

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-26-2010 - 11:32pm

OOOOO

Rugby World Cup! You lucky girl you!

Go All Blacks!

CL for