Weekly Goals, August 30, 2010

iVillage Member
Weekly Goals, August 30, 2010
Mon, 08-30-2010 - 12:42pm

August almost gone. My how time flies!

So how are things on your to-do lists? What do you have planned for this week? Inquiring minds want to know!

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-30-2010 - 12:44pm

Last week, my goals were pretty straightforward:

1. Pick up CSA delivery between 3 and 7 on Tuesday === DONE

2. There is no Stamping Demonstration this Tuesday night so we will probably only go out to eat === DONE, followed up by a quick trip to Hobby Lobby (Mary picked a restaurant right next door!)

3. Stitchery - work on the August Bead Journal Project (if I can find it) === DONE and stitch on "Jasper" === DONE and completed. Started on "Thomas Cat on Pillow"

4. Housecleaner comes on Wednesday === DONE

5. Lunch with the outgoing webmaster for the quilt web site. I'm thinking of taking over the web site and plan on picking her brain! === DONE. Picked brain, decided to try the web site and see how it works and let her know to transfer over the domain name…

6. Bills and financial records === Bills DONE. Records NOT

So this week, a little less planned...

1. Pick up CSA delivery between 3 and 7 on Tuesday - a problem here as Janice want's to meet early so we can visit Mary in hospital and that means not enough time to pick up the veg and get to Toledo by 4. Asked DH to do the pick-up but he has a dental appointment at 3:30 so he has a problem too. Will have to work out something SOON!

2. There is no Stamping Demonstration this Tuesday night and Mary is in hospital (knee replacement surgery) So we will try to visit her instead.

3. Stitchery - work on the September Bead Journal Project and stitch on "Thomas Cat on Pillow"

4. Housecleaner comes on Wednesday

5. Bills and financial records

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-30-2010 - 2:04pm

Last week:

Wanted to finish:

small reading cushion

Pillow to put under my knees

Fleece throw: borders only needed to be done: made an over-lock stitch.

Get fabric: Halloween, Christmas and winter to make covers for my birds cages.

This week:

Reading pillow: DONE
Under knees pillow: DONE
Fleece throw: DONE

The reading pillow was made out of FAT Q`s. What is left of the fat Q`s will be turned into a small quilt. Got a front panel for 1$ at Wal-Mart that matches.

Went over to Winners and they had 80% sales on pillows: got 3 Laura Ashley`s for 30$. Hope to make under knees pillows also for me and my mother. Although will need to shop for fabric for them... fabric stash is melting away... :O)

This week: MAYBE

Hope to find some Halloween fabric for birds cage // start Christmas projects....then again it`s a maybe.

Husband will get batteries for camera on his way home. Will take pictures of what is done so far and will have been started and post it on Wednesday (WIP). Since tomorrow I have dr`s and dentist apps.

Daydream by looking into Sept issues of: American Quilting and BHG edition of Spring-Summer quilting issue.

In Montreal this week is suppose to be 90-100 F (35-40C). Still hope to get some work done.

Have a nice week!!!

Nathalie
Nathalie
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-30-2010 - 3:55pm

As you know, I was traveling last week. Had a great time, temps were so cool at night that I needed a cover - even left the windows open to breathe the clean, Northern air. Unfortunately, we're due for another hot week here, plus the pollen is rising, so my week will be iffy.

THIS WEEK -

1 Mon - Download pix from trip, dig out dead flower plants to go with trash early Tues AM. - DONE

2 Tues AM - DH & I are going to see a 3 wheel motorcycle 40 miles away. Saw a lot of couples riding these in MI & it looks like such fun.

3 Tues afternoon - drive 15 miles to eldest DGrDs house for after school visit with her 3 DDS - 7, 3 & 2 mo. Haven't seen them in ages, as they had a summer of strep throats, eczema & I didn't want to take a chance.

4 Begin planning lap quilt with pirate/sea theme for living room. We have a decorating thing with ships going, so have collected lots of cool fabrics. BTW - I stored this collection in one of those big zippered plastic bags that purchased comforter came in. Didn't want to take a chance I'd forget & use it for other projects with the DGrDs.

5 Attend soccer came for youngest DGrD & pass out travel gifts I picked up.

6 Complete embroidery on Capri pants set. I didn't rush to finish for trip, as weather would be cool at destination.

7 Finally, start eating healthy again and join the local gym. Too much Summer fun eating and no exercise has taken it's toll.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-30-2010 - 9:37pm
Whoa! 90 - 100 in Montreal? That is seriously hot! I hope you stay in and keep cool!

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-30-2010 - 9:38pm
You pulled dead plants in THIS weather? Be careful there --- heat stroke is a real problem when it gets this hot!

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-30-2010 - 10:32pm
The work was done in the back yard, which is shaded in the morning. Plus, I was back in the house by 9:30. We had a nice rain this afternoon & it re-filled the rain barrel. I went out after supper & filled 22 milk jugs, so the barrel is ready for the next rain.