Weekly goals, September 6, 2010

iVillage Member
Weekly goals, September 6, 2010
Mon, 09-06-2010 - 12:03pm

Happy Labor Day, everyone!

Do, how ARE your labors coming along? Was last week a good week? Do you have plans you wold like to share for this week?

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-06-2010 - 12:03pm

Last week, I didn't have a lot planned, but what there was tended to be inconflict … Still, it all worked out:

1. Pick up CSA delivery between 3 and 7 on Tuesday - a problem here as Janice want's to meet early so we can visit Mary in hospital and that means not enough time to pick up the veg and get to Toledo by 4. Asked DH to do the pick-up but he has a dental appointment at 3:30 so he has a problem too. Will have to work out something SOON!=== Turned out DH's dental appointment was for THIS week, not last, so all turned out fine. He picked up the veg; I visited Mary!

2. There is no Stamping Demonstration this Tuesday night and Mary is in hospital (knee replacement surgery) So we will try to visit her instead. === DONE

3. Stitchery - work on the September Bead Journal Project === I have a design and a fabric picked out
and stitch on "Thomas Cat on Pillow" === completed and started on "Sebastian Cat with Roses"

4. Housecleaner comes on Wednesday === DONE

5. Bills and financial records === Bills paid but those record are piling up!

So this week, pretty light lit of things to do...

1. Dentist appointment Tuesday at 12:50

2. Pick up CSA delivery between 3 and 7 on Tuesday2. There is no Stamping Demonstration this Tuesday night and Mary is in hospital (knee replacement surgery) So we will try to visit her instead.

3. Stamping demo in Toledo (Mary is still hospitalized but Janice and I plan on going)

3. Stitchery - work on the September Bead Journal Project and stitch on "Sebastian Cat with Roses"

4. Housecleaner comes on Wednesday

5. Bills (quarterly taxes are due so will have to call financial advisor and get the money transferred) and financial records

OOOPS! Forgot - quilt guild meeting Thursday night. I get to present their new web page! What HAVE I done? LOL

Edited 9/6/2010 11:08 pm ET by cl-thatyank

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-06-2010 - 3:00pm

THIS WEEK -

1 Mon - Download pix from trip, dig out dead flower plants to go with trash early Tues AM. - DONE

2 Tues AM - DH & I are going to see a 3 wheel motorcycle 40 miles away. Saw a lot of couples riding these in MI & it looks like such fun. DONE - it was huge, & very expensive. Plus DH really isn't into touring. BUT - on the way home I bought a gas powered scooter for ME to run around town. Pix below. I call it "Betty Boop". Waiting for the windshield & helmet I ordered to show up, already had my training session with DH in empty parking lot on Sunday.

3 Tues afternoon - drive 15 miles to eldest DGrDs house for after school visit with her 3 DDS - 7, 3 & 2 mo. Haven't seen them in ages, as they had a summer of strep throats, eczema & I didn't want to take a chance. NOPE - too busy cycle shopping.

4 Begin planning lap quilt with pirate/sea theme for living room. We have a decorating thing with ships going, so have collected lots of cool fabrics. BTW - I stored this collection in one of those big zippered plastic bags that purchased comforter came in. Didn't want to take a chance I'd forget & use it for other projects with the DGrDs. NOPE - forgot that I had to visit a quilting friend who had picked a piece of nautical fabric for this project.

5 Attend soccer came for youngest DGrD & pass out travel gifts I picked up. NOPE - game canceled do to bad storms.

6 Complete embroidery on Capri pants set. I didn't rush to finish for trip, as weather would be cool at destination. NOPE - packed it away.

7 Finally, start eating healthy again and join the local gym. Too much Summer fun eating and no exercise has taken it's toll. DONE - joined Cardinal Fitness to use just the cardio machines. I'm skipping the weight training machines because I always overdo & wind up with a pulled muscle. Filled the freezer with frozen fruit & veggies, smoked 2 whole chickens on Sunday for some low cal protein source for the week.

THIS WEEK -

1 Complete the ruffled T shirts for DGrDs. We tried this as a last sewing project, but their machine didn't baste well. Besides, gathering & attaching ruffles is now easy for a beginner.

2 Tues thru Fri mid afternoon will be a 15 mi. trip to DSs to watch the DGrDs after school. DS is having shoulder surgery next week and working like mad to complete work projects for customers.

3 Convert my bulletin board in to a flannel planning board for quilt projects.

4 Clean out dead plants from raised veggie bed. DH forgot to water beans while I was away, so plants stopped producing in extreme heat. DH says I told him to water the containers & he didn't think that meant the raised bed. GRRR.

5 Sell my expensive non-motorized touring bicycle so we have room in the shed for the new skooter.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-06-2010 - 5:56pm

Happy labor day!

LAST WEEK:

Finished: two large pillows to be used under my knees when sitting down.

Finished: bordered a fleece cover

Looked for Halloween flannel fabric to make covers for my canary`s cages.... came back with the Christmas one.

Dentist apt: done

Pictures should be in shortly. From Tuesday to Saturday morning went to my parents house because it was way to hot. So not much done besides that and did not have time to take pictures.

THIS WEEK:

Need to bring back books to the library. Just Finished The Australians : The Seafarers... good good

Will start reading a book from: classics for the Nintendo DS. This little program contains 100 books. I thought I would not like to read that way.... but it`s fun!

Would also like to start some clothes for my 18" Doll, she needs her Fall/Winter 2010 collection. Hope to work on my paper fashion also. It`s a nice way to be creative with small patterns.

There are two lap quilts that need to be done. Should at least get them started.

Last but not the least: get organized for some fall cooking that will begin next week.

Have a nice week everyone :O)

Nathalie
Nathalie
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-06-2010 - 11:11pm
Sounds like the weather is still messing with your weekly plans. But your new diet plan sound good!

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-06-2010 - 11:12pm

Hope your weather is cooling down. Ours is, even though they SAID it would be warming today.

Hope the canaries like Christmas! LOL

Edited 9/7/2010 11:58 am ET by cl-thatyank

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-07-2010 - 5:55pm
Not many goals on my part this week. I don't think I posted any last week.
* Check that I've got enough coverage on my contents insurance (and what happens if a large earthquake was to damage my rented accommodation). Christchurch is still suffering aftershocks, plus Hawkes Bay (in the North Island) had a decent shake yesterday morning. Apparently Wellington had a couple of small quakes yesterday afternoon, I didn't feel them but have seen the records to prove they occured.
* Research, research, research. I got my research proposal back and got a 8 out of the 10% its worth.
* If I can find time, do some stitching.
* Stick to my meal plan for the week - it doesn't save money if I don't stick to it.
Lyn

Lyn

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-07-2010 - 10:07pm

I don't like the sound of that earthquake. It should be settling down by now... shouldn't it?

Keep safe, and do look into renter's insurance (they have it here in the US and in the UK so surely someplace as civilized as NZ would have it?). Oh, and put together a "survival kit" like this...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/earthquakes/archive/ready.dtl

It can be readily modified to work for people in cycle/typhoon/hurricane zones as well as tornado zones. Not sure how useful it would be in a flood but it can't hurt!

CL for

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-08-2010 - 11:00am

Yes, basically renter's insurance is content insurance... but some policies here also tack on some injury riders as well (you know, personal injury and liability for others...).

Of course, as a landlord (which we are, for two houses), we also have something called "landlord's insurance" which not only covers replacement of the property but also liability that might be attributed to our care of the property...

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-09-2010 - 4:24pm

Ah, I guess that makes sense of why we may not have it here. With ACC (Accident Compensation Corporation) which is a government department, covering accidental injuries there is no need to be liable for injuries in your home - rented or not.

Um, one of the things that my contents insurance does cover is liability cover should I accidentally damage the flat (eg in a fire). I think this is a result of a case at least 10 years ago where a landlord's insurance company went after the tenants for the money for the building that had been paid out.

Lyn

Lyn