• Crochet
  • Weave
  • All of the above
  • Other - post :-)

You will be able to change your vote.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-03-2005 - 7:58pm
I'm reteaching myself to knit --- and trying to teach myself to crochet --- without a LOT of success in the crocheting! My knitting habits get in the way, I fear, and it feels clumsy...

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Go n-eírí an bóthar leat.

WIP Rotation:

Mondays: "Snowman Alphabet", designed by Linda Gillum, chart in Cross Stitch Gold, issue 17

Tuesdays: "Shades of Aubergine", designed by Mary Hickmott, chart in New Stitches issue 131

Wednesdays: "Amish Quilt Sampler", designed by Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum for Told in a Garden

Thursdays: "Blue Porcelain Collection", design by Di Noyce, chart in Jill Oxton's Cross Stitch and Beading, issue 57

Fridays: "Blue and White China", design by Leslie Teare, chart in Cross Stitch Gold issue 20

Saturdays: "Golden Gate Avenue", design by Nancy Rossi for Janlynn

Sundays: "Winter's Twilight" stocking, design by Dennis P.Lewan for Dimensions Gold

CL for "

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-03-2005 - 10:46pm

Hello! I found this board right on time! I just recently started learning to knit. I know just the basic chain stitch for crocheting. I am teaching myself how to knit off a kit I bought at the Michael's. I think it was the Susan Bates kit. I managed to teach myself casting on and off and the basic knit stitch but am confused about the purl stitch. A knitting class is starting tomorrow in fact at the Michael's that I'm thinkin' about attending. It's $50 for 3 2-hour classes. Anyway, I'm glad I found this board when I did!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com -->
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-04-2005 - 10:14am

I've been an avid knitter and crocheter for years - ever since I was about 8 or 9!

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-04-2005 - 10:22am

I just learned to knit but love crafts of all kinds - scrapbooking, stamping, quilting, cross-stitch, and I love to cook and bake! Of course, I don't have enough time to follow all these hobbies with passion, but I do a little of all of them. I spend most of my time now scrapbooking (and stamping for my albums) b/c I have two young sons (almost 5 and 20 months) so there are a lot of pictures taken at our house.

I'm looking forward to learning more about knitting and getting great ideas here!

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-04-2005 - 10:24am

I voted other because I knit by hand and machine. I've even done weaving on the knitting machine. I also crochet but nothing complicated - mainly granny squares! :o)

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-04-2005 - 11:14am

Hi Angel!

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-04-2005 - 9:29pm
I recently taught myself to crochet and absolutely love it.I am going to try knitting but haven't taken the time to try it.
Photobucket