Just a few....

iVillage Member
Just a few....
Fri, 03-11-2005 - 12:14pm

...questions for you....its time for Friday five!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_hafox1
Fri, 03-11-2005 - 7:08pm

1. Where do you usually do your yarn art? Do you have a special area set aside? --- in bed, late at night, when my eyes won't let me do close-work any more.

2. Do you usually make gifts, or projects for yourself? --- gifts, even if I don't have a recipient in mind when I start

3. What is your favorite stitch (if you have one!) --- I'm still a novice: knit and purl, that's me! But I did used to do cables and lace-work when I first learned, 30 years ago...

4. What colors are you drawn to? --- earth tones are my favorite colors but, like in my quilting, there seems to be a lot of blue in my knitting!

5. Any project plans for the weekend? --- stamp camp on Saturday and a cross-stitch stitchathon starts Sunday so I'll be a cross-stitching fool for a week (I hope)!

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Go n-eírí an bóthar leat.

WIP Rotation:

Mondays: "Snowman Alphabet", designed by Linda Gillum, chart in Cross Stitch Gold, issue 17

Tuesdays: "Shades of Aubergine", designed by Mary Hickmott, chart in New Stitches issue 131

Wednesdays: "Amish Quilt Sampler", designed by Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum for Told in a Garden

Thursdays: "Blue Porcelain Collection", design by Di Noyce, chart in Jill Oxton's Cross Stitch and Beading, issue 57

Fridays: "Blue and White China", design by Leslie Teare, chart in Cross Stitch Gold issue 20

Saturdays: "Golden Gate Avenue", design by Nancy Rossi for Janlynn

Sundays: "Winter's Twilight" stocking, design by Dennis P.Lewan for Dimensions Gold

CL for "

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-11-2005 - 8:59pm

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-11-2005 - 9:40pm

1. Where do you usually do your yarn art? Do you have a special area set aside? If I'm home I usually do it in my comfy chair in the living room. But, I also take it along with me if taking a long trip, waiting for an appt. or something.

2. Do you usually make gifts, or projects for yourself? Both

3. What is your favorite stitch (if you have one!) probably double crochet...it works up fast and easy.

4. What colors are you drawn to? greens and bright colors but not gaudy.

5. Any project plans for the weekend? I will be playing in a volleyball tournament Saturday so I will probably take my current WIP (baby afghan) and work on it between games.

Martha

Martha

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-12-2005 - 8:41am

1. Where do you usually do your yarn art? usually sitting on my bed while the baby's playing nearby Do you have a special area set aside? I have a sewing room-sometimes I'll sit in there in my rocking chair

2. Do you usually make gifts, or projects for yourself? both

3. What is your favorite stitch (if you have one!) still learning....

4. What colors are you drawn to? pastels....

5. Any project plans for the weekend? not really

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-12-2005 - 10:44am

1. Where do you usually do your yarn art? Do you have a special area set aside?I do my knitting mostly on the living room couch while whatch tv in the evening. I have a basket with all my stuff and I love looking at it when it is full! LOL

2. Do you usually make gifts, or projects for yourself?Gifts but every once in awhile I do something for myself

3. What is your favorite stitch (if you have one!)I like the purl stich but just learned the yarn over stitch!

4. What colors are you drawn to?I all depends on what and who I am making it for. I love going to the yarn store and picking out the yarn for that special person I am thinking of because it would not be what I normally would buy. For myself I go to reds and rustic colors.

5. Any project plans for the weekend?No just keep working on my shawl that I am knitting.

I thought I might add a quick intro..........My name is ********, 32, live in a small town by Sacramento Ca., I am married and I have a 5 year old son. I was taught how to knit when I was in the 3rd grade and have made tons of squares in my life! Last October I started teaching the kids at work and then tought to myself I need to learn more then squares..........so ever since then I have been addicted to knitting. I am learning new stiches but patterns tend to scare me a bit! LOL After I make this shawl I think I am going to make a poncho or sweater so I am sure I will need help and will be asking tons of questions!

Jennifer

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-12-2005 - 10:48am

Welcome to the board!

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-12-2005 - 11:14am

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-12-2005 - 8:24pm

1. Where do you usually do your yarn art? Do you have a special area set aside?

**In my big red comfy chair that has a two shelf book case next to it with all my yarn and knitting books on the two shelves. On top is a wicker basket with my WIP's in it and a vase with my straight needles in it.

2. Do you usually make gifts, or projects for yourself?

**I make a LOT of gifts but I have made myself a poncho and last weekend I finished my first shawl. My stuff gets done in between gifts.

3. What is your favorite stitch (if you have one!)

**Stockinette, but I'm am SO in to doing eyelets right now. Cable and bobbles are fun but not if I have to do a lot of them. I'm ready to do some lace knitting I think with all the yarn overs and k2tog's.

4. What colors are you drawn to?

**I'm drawn to turquoise blues/greens/teal/purples for me mostly. I am going to do a hot pink shawl in a lace pattern when I get a few of my other projects done. For gifts I try and pick a color that "looks" like the recipient.

5. Any project plans for the weekend?

**I had lots of them, like knitting in between working on my next essay....BUUUUUTTTT lets say that a couple of things happened with the van Friday. The first involving a new hood and windshield and the second a new alternator, battery and serpentine belt. And the two are not related. The first was a MAJOR stupid thing I did and the second was because, well, our poor van is old.

This weekend has not been a great one. Ahh well, I'm going to go knit on DH's sleeve for a bit then maybe I'll be unwound enough to give some more thought to my essay.

((hugs)) ~Katherine

~Kat, kittyprints4

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-14-2005 - 10:52am
Katherine - sounds like you had a rough weekend...I hope things have gotten a bit better for you :)