Question of the Week - Projects

iVillage Member
Question of the Week - Projects
Mon, 03-14-2005 - 10:57am

Where do you usually get your project ideas from?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-14-2005 - 11:56am
With scarves and afghans, I just make them up as I go along, although I do admit to getting teh idea for the "dropped stitch lace" from "Knitty Gritty" on DIY TV

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Go n-eírí an bóthar leat.

WIP Rotation:

Mondays: "Snowman Alphabet", designed by Linda Gillum, chart in Cross Stitch Gold, issue 17

Tuesdays: "Shades of Aubergine", designed by Mary Hickmott, chart in New Stitches issue 131

Wednesdays: "Amish Quilt Sampler", designed by Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum for Told in a Garden

Thursdays: "Blue Porcelain Collection", design by Di Noyce, chart in Jill Oxton's Cross Stitch and Beading, issue 57

Fridays: "Blue and White China", design by Leslie Teare, chart in Cross Stitch Gold issue 20

Saturdays: "Golden Gate Avenue", design by Nancy Rossi for Janlynn

Sundays: "Winter's Twilight" stocking, design by Dennis P.Lewan for Dimensions Gold

CL for "

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-14-2005 - 12:29pm
I have done a little of all of it. I learned to crochet, originally from my aunt. She has shared patterns with me. I have used a few from the label. I think my favorite that way, has been the Jamie Baby Blanket. My wip now, is from a pattern book. It is a scrap afghan. I have also done a crocheknit hat, which flopped. I followed an instruction book on that, and I think I got lost, or lost count or something wierd or sewed it together wrong. I dunno. I have looked online, and liked a few, just havent gotten to them yet. So much to do, so little time... Karen

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-14-2005 - 9:25pm

Hi!

I've used all of the resources that you listed. Sometimes I will buy a skein of yarn just for the pattern that's on it. I have a pattern book of ripple baby afghans that I have used. I've gotten a lot of patterns off the internet for projects. I'll exchange patterns with friends.

Martha

Martha

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-15-2005 - 8:50am

I get them anywhere I can LOL!!!

I'm a TRUE SUCKER for magazines I'll tell you! But I own a few books (I usually won't buy them unless they are on sale) and I've bought a few individual patterns from my LYS. I do love the free online ones too....

I just looked at my books, maybe it's more than just a "few" I can see 7 from across the room, there's probably three or four more over there I can't see because they are smaller.

That's why I love the magazines, it's like looking at a book but not. I tear out what patterns I want to save and recycle the rest. I've got about 20 patterns in a plastic basket and will transfer them to plastic sleeves in a folder someday. Probably this summer when I have more time.

I get so excited about patterns and knitting I almost can't stand myself LOL.

((hugs)) Kath

~Kat, kittyprints4

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-15-2005 - 9:27am
I've always wanted to make my own patterns - but I find I need the guidance patterns offer :)

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-15-2005 - 9:28am

So much to do, so little time...

I hear you on that...LOL...I have one on the go and about 20 more I want to do :)

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-15-2005 - 9:29am
Hi Martha!

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-15-2005 - 9:32am

You sound just like me - I always get super excited and want to do everything NOW!

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-15-2005 - 9:33am

I didn't even answer my own question!

I get 99% of my patterns off the net, and tons from lionbrand.com.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-15-2005 - 10:13am
I find most of mine free online but I have boughten yarn for the pattern. I am always looking and I never can decide what to do next. Heather you now have friends to trade patterns with!!! I too love the lion yarn site it is so fun!Jen

Jennifer

Pages