Any crocheters in Michigan?

iVillage Member
Any crocheters in Michigan?
Sun, 03-20-2005 - 11:32pm

Hello!

I'm a beginner crocheter in Michigan. I'm trying to learn how to make crocheted rag rugs. I'm learning from books and it's so hard! I wish I had a grandmother or mother to teach me in person, but unfortunately they are gone and cannot help me now. Wish I had gotten interested when I was younger. It's funny, but now that I'm a mother I am so much more crafty and inspired to make things. Must be the lack of free time, makes it more precious.

Anyhow, I would love to learn from anyone here. Tips, advice, etc would be great! I love the site from Lion Brand yarns. They've got the pattern for the "Martha Stewart" going home poncho! Hahaha, I aspire to making one of those someday.

Kind regards,

Claire & Baby Liberty 2/18/04

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-21-2005 - 10:51am

Hi and Welcome!

Here is a great resource for learning how to crochet...

http://www.lionbrand.com/learnToCrochet.html

http://www.geocities.com/snowymts.geo/crochet2.html

Maybe those will help you a bit.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-21-2005 - 3:40pm

Hi!

Welcome to the board. I'm in Michigan, I live in the tri-state area of MI, IN & OH. I've been crocheting for about 1 1/2 years. I have seen books for crocheted rag rugs and if you use a search engine like Google there are a lot of free patterns available. Do you have a senior center in your area that might have some ladies who would be willing to help you, church members or friends? I know that Coats and Clark has a CD-Rom on how to crochet.

Martha

Martha

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-21-2005 - 8:32pm
That's a great idea about the senior center. I have been thinking the past few years that I'd like to do some volunteering anyway. Thanks!

Claire & Liberty 2/18/04

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-21-2005 - 9:19pm

Hey there! I'm from Brighton...but even though I crochet I'm a knitter. My DH has family in Warren, not sure WHERE in Warren LOL, but from there.

Keep at the crocheting, like everything,it does get easier with practice. A senior center would be a great place, I bet you would have quite a few women who would love to help you out. If you ask at the desk/office I bet they could direct you to someone who might need a friend.

Anyway, nice to meet you! Kat

~Kat, kittyprints4

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-22-2005 - 7:33am
Nice to meet you too! I was just in Brighton last week to visit some friends, it's so nice there. We put it on our list

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-22-2005 - 9:04am

I love it here, except that it is really getting developed, but there aren't many places that aren't are there? We moved here from our first house in Westland a couple of years ago. Both of us born and breed here in Michigan LOL.

Well I had better get back to my essay that's due tonight LOL. I'm SO procrastinating right now.

Yarn on! Kat

~Kat, kittyprints4